White mist comes out of air conditioning vents - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > White mist comes out of air conditioning vents

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
Finallyajeep
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hmm well you might have a leak in your AC system allowing the refrigerant to leak into the vents, that could be what your seeing and smelling.

Unread 05-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
xjdantheman
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i had that happen once in my old acura. but i was driving through hot humid weather, turned out to be condensation or whatever from the cold air.
xjdantheman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
modsjeep11

Do you think it could be exhaust? Somehow
modsjeep11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #19
ChEaPsK87
1987 XJ Cherokee 

oils in refrigerant are not very slick and thick like most oils people are used to. I am leaning towards leaking evaporator coil letting it into your air stream. but if it leaks bad enough as I am imagining it would be leaked out in a few days.
ChEaPsK87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.