where are you guys mounting your CB? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > where are you guys mounting your CB?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Super6XJ
2004 WJ 

i want to mount mine right Above the Rear veiw mirror.. people might not like that but..
I dont care..
all i need to do now is go Pick it up at Walmart.. haha..

Super6XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #17
KentuckyXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

mine is gunna go on the back bumper somewhere
1986 SVO mustang turbo 4cyl... stock long block with a few extra pounds of boost 350RWHP 380TRQ new setup and more power coming soon
KentuckyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #18
KentuckyXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hmmm...got my cobra 29 LTD in thge other day, damn there is just no room for this huge thing

i was gunna put it up top on the cieling but its just too big for up there
1986 SVO mustang turbo 4cyl... stock long block with a few extra pounds of boost 350RWHP 380TRQ new setup and more power coming soon
Unread 07-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #19
KentuckyXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

well looks like i ended up putting the CB up above my rear view mirror...took a few hours but i made a great looking aluminum sheetmetal tray to hold it
Unread 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
Super6XJ
2004 WJ 

Cool you took my idea... Cool..
Super6XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #21
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coors400 View Post
on the passanger side doesnt seem to get in there way easy reach

Mine is mounted in the same place (same CB too) but I mounted the mic on the side of the center console thing, below the e-brake. I can reach it fine.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
Sterner09
1998 ZJ 

i just installed mine i dont have any pictures i will post them tomorrow but i have the small cobra cb with the pa system and i mounted it by the glove box screw i took it out the far left screw closest to center console and put the bracket on between the screw and glove box and screwed it back in and it looks great its well hidden and hasn't gotten in the way yet. as for the antenna i did a roof mount also ran the cable out the back hatch onto my roof rack it looks sick up there. did this on my 01 xj. ill post pictures tomorrow.
Sterner09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:01 PM   #23
XJ_Hunter
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Mine:

XJ_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.