Where to find tail light socket? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Where to find tail light socket?

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #1
Macabre
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Where to find tail light socket?

Hello all. The bulb sockets for each of my rear tail lights needs to be replaced, and for the life of me I cannot find a replacement part. Auto parts stores and dealerships were of no help, and I've also struck out at the local junkyards.

Anyone have a solution to this?

1990 XJ, 2-door, 4.0, AW4, NP231, 3" lift, 32x11.5 Interco SSR's. 104,000 miles.
Macabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
Paradise XJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

1. Look in the HELP! section of most auto parts stores, they're fairly generic.
2. Rockauto.com
3. Ebay
Unread 03-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #3
JWELK
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You're going to have to fabricate using replacement generic parts. The other alternative is to get the aftermarket LED fixtures and install them.

Regards,

Jim W
JWELK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I was able to find one 3 wire in the HELP section at the local AutoZone (part number 85823 - says it's for older Fords), ordered two more from the local Napa, part numbers LS6458 and LS6459 (one a two wire, one 3 - don't remember which was which). None of these part numbers were tied to the XJ in the parts computers at either store.

AutoZone does/did carry the 2 wire socket in their HELP section as well, they were just out of stock that day and Napa got them for me that afternoon, so I went with them to get my heep driveable again for work that night.

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.