Where do you buy push pins/rivets/whatevertheyares? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Where do you buy push pins/rivets/whatevertheyares?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-21-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
Easy Gibson
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Where do you buy push pins/rivets/whatevertheyares?

I'm looking to buy some of these guys:

I stopped at a dealership on my way home from work, and figured that even with the dealer markup I could get a hundred of them for not a lot of money. They wanted $3.60/each. I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or punch the guy. I left.

Internet is giving me nothing. Best I can find is a dollar a clip which still seems outrageous. I know these things are manufactured for fractions of a penny a piece. Where can I buy a gross of these things for a quarter?

Somebody hook it up.

Easy Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I got mine at the corner autoparts store from their fastners rack. Not sure if they were jeep specific or I just got lucky and found some that matched. They had a pretty good selection though.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Enter your jeep in the July Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #3
Easy Gibson
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Should have mentioned that.

I tried Pep Boys, but they didn't have any in stock. Figured I'd throw it up on here in case anybody had a line on them. Time saver if I can get them delivered to the door instead of having to make a stop during the work day tomorrow.
Unread 05-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
cidd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

go to an auto body supply store you can get them by the box and im sure you can get them on line just need to look un auto body supply store first then look for these . you could check Morrison 4x4 for them I got the ones for the door panels from them a while back . there just found the go to WWW.clipsandfasteners.com they got them all .

Last edited by cidd; 05-22-2014 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: add info
cidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2014, 07:39 PM   #5
Easy Gibson
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidd View Post
go to an auto body supply store you can get them by the box and im sure you can get them on line just need to look un auto body supply store first then look for these . you could check Morrison 4x4 for them I got the ones for the door panels from them a while back . there just found the go to WWW.clipsandfasteners.com they got them all .
Everyone on earth take notice. THIS is how you close a thread.

THREAD OVER.

ALL PROBLEMS SOLVED.

Thanks for the hookup, cidd!
Unread 05-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
Kevin108
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I bought mine on eBay.
Unread 05-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #7
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on body shop suppliers or even dealers that have body shop parts counters. They use them a lot more than mechanic shops are and they're buying them in bulk rather than individually from oem manufacturers. Even at work they cost me like $0.70 a piece but I can go over to our body shop to their parts counter and get a bag of like 50 for a couple bucks.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.