Where to buy metric 10.9 bolts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Where to buy metric 10.9 bolts?

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
DerMeister
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Where to buy metric 10.9 bolts?

Where are you guys getting your grade 10.9 metric bolts?

I am getting down to the last steps on installing my offroad bumper with tie in brackets and re-doing my hitch. The bumper takes 10mm metric bolts, but I can only find grade 8.8(Grade 5). The nutstrip for the hitch takes what I beleive to be M12 bolts, but once again I can only find grade 8.8.

Do you guys think that grade 8.8 will be good enough? There are a total of 18 bolts back there holding the bumper, tie in brackets and hitch together.

DerMeister is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #2
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerMeister View Post
Where are you guys getting your grade 10.9 metric bolts?

I am getting down to the last steps on installing my offroad bumper with tie in brackets and re-doing my hitch. The bumper takes 10mm metric bolts, but I can only find grade 8.8(Grade 5). The nutstrip for the hitch takes what I beleive to be M12 bolts, but once again I can only find grade 8.8.

Do you guys think that grade 8.8 will be good enough? There are a total of 18 bolts back there holding the bumper, tie in brackets and hitch together.
Fastenal.com, find a local branch.

If you have to mail-order, also check MRO houses - I usually use MSC Direct (www.mscdirect.com)
Unread 05-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
mynameismyles65
1994 XJ Cherokee 

napa carries them I'm pretty sure
mynameismyles65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
no5son1962
1995 ZJ 

I get them fron Ace Hardware
Unread 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
Jcool
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90 View Post
Fastenal.com, find a local branch.

If you have to mail-order, also check MRO houses - I usually use MSC Direct (www.mscdirect.com)
Fastenal is also where i got my bolts
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_) 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L
Jcool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

fastenal or mcmaster carr are my favorite sources. In a pinch Ace or Loews works too

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2011, 06:07 PM   #7
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
fastenal or mcmaster carr are my favorite sources. In a pinch Ace or Loews works too
I'm losing faith in hardware stores - most of their stuff is made in China anymore.

"Made in China" = "Counterfeit" probably nine times out of ten.

Case in point - I recently had to replace an oil pump for someone, the screws were bent. I went and got new screws - two different packages, for two different lengths of 5/16"-18 screw.

Both screws snapped with less than 20 pound-feet of torque applied!

I pillaged through my junk bin, found two screws of the right size, and put them in. Finished the job, then wrote an email to the fastener buyer at my hardware store and complained. No, they haven't changed their line - but it's a start.

"Cheaper" != "better" in most cases. I don't mind paying more for something that I know will work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.