Wheelin' In Nebraska - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > Wheelin' In Nebraska

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 08-19-2008, 10:57 PM   #1
Flammable
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wheelin' In Nebraska

So I thought I'd post up some pictures on how we go wheelin in Nebraska. Which by the way is..pretty boring. We do have a forest service road that we hit occasionally, but my stock jeep could walk through it in 2wd. That is until a year ago when a customer that regularly comes to our tire shop offered to let us use his land. Western Nebraska is pretty well known for its "sand hills" and he just happens to own some of them!

So the following photos ARE shot on Private Land. We did receive permission from him that one time a year ago. But every time we go out we always ask for permission. Hopefully that covers the bases....if not I can certainly explain more.

The following pics were shot the first time out. A week after the 3.5" RE lift and 31's

Just an FYI...thats not me lol. I was in the jeep freakin out because I had never been like that before.

hopefully you guys enjoy them. Sure wish we had some rocks to play on!

Jeep Owners Named Nick Club #2
Nebraska Jeep Club Member #2
NightCrewMember #104
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:10 PM   #2
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nice man, only legal wheeling we got here is 3 hours away..

thats some cool terrain! for nebraska... ()
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice man, from nebraska too (lincoln), where you from and what tire shop you work at?

-looks like fun... the sand hills are too far away for me

-will be puting on my 3.5" superflex this weekend!!!
Unread 08-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #4
Flammable
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm living out in chadron until January. After that I will be going to college in Milford, which is like 20 minutes away from Lincoln I think? We should definitely try to do something sometime. Have fun putting the lift kit on!

On another note, you might notice that my front bumper is not there. I took the factory one off because it had a stupid RV tow bar on it, which by the way was only bolted in using 2 of the factory bumper bolts. Anyhow, I really can't decide what I want to do. I like the simplicity of a tube bumper, but like the rigidness of a full blown bumper. What do you think would look best on it? I know I shouldn't judge off of looks, but this is also my DD.
NightCrewMember #104

Last edited by Flammable; 08-20-2008 at 12:13 AM..
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #5
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ya man you should join the nebraska jeepers group or w/e it is theres like 3 guys in it but we should all get togather sometime.

I think there is some good parks in kansas just never get the time and there is never anyone to go with

I have been really buissy lately so i have had to put the lift on the back burner and just walk by all the parts and stuff everyday and it was killin me. needless to say im excited!

Do you have a hack n' tap or nething like that? i have a tc drop thit is going on temporarly so i can save some money

edit: didnt read your sig but anyway i hav been looking for a new bumper too.
-i was looking into this one http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/prod...products_id=37 not a tube one but i think it looks good and is fairly simple
Unread 08-20-2008, 12:33 AM   #6
Flammable
1998 XJ Cherokee 

No hack n' tap. I had HORRIBLE vibrations right after the lift kit, I got some 4* shims for the rear axle, and waited for the lift to settle a little bit, and now I have no vibrations at all. But, as we all know, every jeep is different. However, here within the next month I might be going to 33" tires and maybe another inch or two in lift so I will need one then.
NightCrewMember #104
Unread 08-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #7
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice i was thinking of going 32" with the 3.5" lift do you think that is too big, how were the 31's?

Last edited by Carlson99xj; 08-20-2008 at 01:39 AM..
Carlson99xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
Flammable
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly I regretted not going with the 32's. My RE kit is still sitting at 4" in the front, and maybe a little higher in the rear, so I definitely had the room for 32's. But at the time I didn't have the money, so I went for the cheaper option. Now that I kinda know what I'm doing I want to go just a bit higher.
NightCrewMember #104
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #9
Dannn
1998 TJ Wrangler 

yeah my dad is wishing he went to 33's on his setup with 4.5 inches... he netted a total of 5.5 out of the back and 5 in the front.
Dannn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.