What's a Chrokeese? (build thread) - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What's a Chrokeese? (build thread)

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #91
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Hey man, I started my SDS deadening today. Took a video of an untreated door vs a treated door. Thought you might like to see the difference. The door shutting doesn't sound too different because my doors are removable and therefore don't line up 100%, but the difference in knocking is HUGE.
Way to go! The door knocking is only the CLD tiles at work. Once you've got both doors and the floor fully deadened with CLD, CCF, and MLV, I betcha it's going to be so blissfully quiet driving down the highway.

I might be buying all my deadening material before winter. I've had a bunch of prevailing wage hours at work that have paid me stupidly well (who are the guys that get these wages all the time, and how do I get hired at their company?), so I might splurge on that. There are a few other contenders for my $$ right now, too, however.

mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #92
Teej
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post

Way to go! The door knocking is only the CLD tiles at work. Once you've got both doors and the floor fully deadened with CLD, CCF, and MLV, I betcha it's going to be so blissfully quiet driving down the highway.

I might be buying all my deadening material before winter. I've had a bunch of prevailing wage hours at work that have paid me stupidly well (who are the guys that get these wages all the time, and how do I get hired at their company?), so I might splurge on that. There are a few other contenders for my $$ right now, too, however.
Yeah, I've only got the front doors done so far. Haven't done the Thinsulate Acoustic yet but that doesn't make a huge difference I don't think. And there's insulation on the panels anyway. But with the CCF, CLD, and MLV, it sounds waaay better. Sadly I didn't get CLD or MLV for the floor yet and I know that would make a huge difference, but I'm sure doing the hatch, rear doors, and ceiling will help a lot.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #93
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

XJ was dropped off at Customs Unlimited Auto Body in Cudahy, WI today to have stiffeners (HD Offroad Engineering front, mid, and rear) installed, b-pillar repaired, couple rusty spots investigated and patched if necessary, and doors, rockers, and frame rails sprayed on the insides with rust inhibitor.

When it gets back, I'll hit the frame with Chassis Saver and start chipping away at prepping the body for Monstaliner.

Sent from my phone

New sig rules suck.
Unread 08-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #94
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
XJ was dropped off at Customs Unlimited Auto Body in Cudahy, WI today to have stiffeners (HD Offroad Engineering front, mid, and rear) installed, b-pillar repaired, couple rusty spots investigated and patched if necessary, and doors, rockers, and frame rails sprayed on the insides with rust inhibitor. When it gets back, I'll hit the frame with Chassis Saver and start chipping away at prepping the body for Monstaliner. Sent from my phone
That's so awesone
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #95
Teej
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thought you'd like to know that I have everything sound deadened except the floor and the roof at this point. It is CONSIDERABLY quieter on the inside. Very easy to carry a conversation at a moderate level. All I hear when driving down the highway is the engine and my driveline vibrations. I get a bit of wind noise, too, but I'm thinking that deadening the roof is gonna help with that a bit since most of the wind noise is from my roof racks and lights. If you do the floor, I feel like it would be nearly silent.

Instagram: @tj_chciuk

CoTM March 2014
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #96
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
XJ was dropped off at Customs Unlimited Auto Body in Cudahy, WI today to have stiffeners (HD Offroad Engineering front, mid, and rear) installed, b-pillar repaired, couple rusty spots investigated and patched if necessary, and doors, rockers, and frame rails sprayed on the insides with rust inhibitor.

When it gets back, I'll hit the frame with Chassis Saver and start chipping away at prepping the body for Monstaliner.

Sent from my phone
What I'm driving in the meantime (girlfriend's).

1998 Subaru Legacy Outback. 2.5 phase 1 EJ25 engine (so far so good on the head gaskets). Firestone Precision Touring tires. Otherwise stock and frighteningly fantastic condition with just over 100k miles.
Unread 08-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #97
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lots of good stuff here, excited to see how this one goes.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #98
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I'm excited to hear what it's like with the stiffeners and stock suspension
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:13 PM   #99
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy
I'm excited to hear what it's like with the stiffeners and stock suspension
Still at the shop. I dropped it off with them rather abruptly, so I'm not surprised that they weren't ready to start working on it right away. My suspension is stock and not cared for too well. I won't be addressing the suspension until next year. I'm super excited for the stiffening, but that PLUS some new shocks, leaves with slider boxes, and stiffer sway bars--I can't wait

Sent from my phone

New sig rules suck.
Unread 08-29-2014, 12:15 PM   #100
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Still at the shop. I dropped it off with them rather abruptly, so I'm not surprised that they weren't ready to start working on it right away. My suspension is stock and not cared for too well. I won't be addressing the suspension until next year. I'm super excited for the stiffening, but that PLUS some new shocks, leaves with slider boxes, and stiffer sway bars--I can't wait

Sent from my phone
Are you going to lift the front 1 inch as well or leave a rake?
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
Unread 08-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #101
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How are you having such a touch time with mpg? I'm at 16 mpg with 4.56s and a slush box. That's I'd around town and with lockouts.

cruiser54-Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Unread 08-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #102
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I'm not having a tough time with mpg. My mpg is average to above average for a basically stock, auto, 4wd XJ in the conditions I drive in and should improve as I make various customizations. 18-19 average with a peak of 21-23 on the highway.

Anytime anyone I don't know says they get good MPG (I don't know if what you claim to get is good or not) I basically won't believe them until they describe their build, driving style, area, and method for calculating their mpg in detail. An astounding number of people calculate mpg all wrong, yielding utterly worthless numbers.

Regarding rake, I hope you're not under the impression that the sliders provide lift. Most people jump to the conclusion that they do. They don't. I will be deliberately creating 1" rake by using UpCountry leaves in the rear. I will be doing this for fuel efficiency.

Sent from my phone

New sig rules suck.
Unread 08-29-2014, 02:45 PM   #103
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772
I'm not having a tough time with mpg. My mpg is average to above average for a basically stock, auto, 4wd XJ in the conditions I drive in and should improve as I make various customizations. 18-19 average with a peak of 21-23 on the highway. Anytime anyone I don't know says they get good MPG (I don't know if what you claim to get is good or not) I basically won't believe them until they describe their build, driving style, area, and method for calculating their mpg in detail. An astounding number of people calculate mpg all wrong, yielding utterly worthless numbers. Regarding rake, I hope you're not under the impression that the sliders provide lift. Most people jump to the conclusion that they do. They don't. I will be deliberately creating 1" rake by using UpCountry leaves in the rear. I will be doing this for fuel efficiency. Sent from my phone
Oh I thought I remembered the website saying they have an inch of lift
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
Unread 08-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #104
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I emailed them directly, and they said 0 lift.

Sent from my phone

New sig rules suck.
Unread 08-29-2014, 06:19 PM   #105
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I feel that it is awesome do to it being on 35s with a lot of miles and a tired 4.0L

cruiser54-Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.