What you value this XJ at? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-16-2017, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
jeeeped

Garage
What you value this XJ at?

Hey all....sorry for the abrupt 1st post, but I need to make a decision real soon....like in a few hours soon

I have the opportunity to swap for a 99 XJ. It only has 68K original miles on a straight 6. The jeep is pretty clean, just needs a proper cleaning....like seats out type of cleaning. The plan is to eventually replace my TJ with the XJ for DD duties and trail riding. The TJ is great, but it gets crowded real quick when we go camping , fishing or wheeling.

3.5" rubicon express lift
33" tires that will need replacing shortly
No rust anywhere.
roof rack with KC lights
everything works as it should but the ABS light is on

I drove it today and everything seems to be in order. I am just trying to place a value on the Jeep. Would 6500 bucks be a fair guess?

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7125.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-20-2017, 01:57 PM
bluejunior
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

XJ prices are pretty regional but that's not completely outrageous if you like and intend to keep the current lift. Definitely high though, especially since a vehicle that age with that few miles makes me think long sit times.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-20-2017, 02:10 PM
XJ_jeepin_06

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Again prices are regional. I would put that at around $3500 on a good day. Looks to be base model manual windows/locks? From the pictures and your thoughts on the interior it was ran hard and put away wet. Tires will need replacing.

Any supporting mods for the 3.5" lift? SYE, Control Arms, unibody stiffening? Axles stock?

At least its a low mileage '99 (Which is the best year XJ). HP30. Though since you say it has an ABS problem the it should have a Dana35 in the rear.

Again that is just my opinion.

1997 TJ. Red. 4.0/AX15/NP231 SSSYE. D30/S35. Lokka/E-Locker. 4.10s. RC2.5" JK Rubi Tires/Wheels.
Antirock.

2000 2dr XJ D44HP/9in ARBs. 36" Iroks. Lots of skids/Lots of Damage. SOLD 6-6-2013

post #4 of 4 Old 09-20-2017, 02:30 PM
bluejunior
Web Wheeler

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ_jeepin_06 View Post
Again prices are regional. I would put that at around $3500 on a good day. Looks to be base model manual windows/locks? From the pictures and your thoughts on the interior it was ran hard and put away wet. Tires will need replacing.

Any supporting mods for the 3.5" lift? SYE, Control Arms, unibody stiffening? Axles stock?

At least its a low mileage '99 (Which is the best year XJ). HP30. Though since you say it has an ABS problem the it should have a Dana35 in the rear.

Again that is just my opinion.
The 35 is worth double checking. A rear axle upgrade swap without a properly deleted abs system could cause the light, after all.

Lifted, Locked, Stiffened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.