Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What vehicle has offroad setups for offroad?

6K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  Vassago 
#1 ·
What vehicle do you think comes setup the best stock? Hummer? Jeep? Land Rover? I like this, don't know how it would do offroad though...

http://www.superherotimes.com/assets/newsimages/Batmobile1.jpg

If you were to buy any vehicle stock with only a couple of mods (yea right), what would be the easiest to make kick ***. Or would it be better to mix and match parts from the ground up??? If so, what is your dream build $$$ not an issue? Being a jeep forum, I expect some bias, don't disappoint!

#2 ·
jeep hands down. because WHEN something breaks its cheap and easy to fix. plus many other attributes jeep incorporates

#3 ·
Honestly .....

That would be the coolest thing in the entire world to own
I kinda love the warthog , I nicknamed my jeep that
if i built it tho id go for more offroad suspension

#6 ·
toyota FJ cruiser? it comes with electric lockers and bfg at tires from the factory. and it has a bunch of stability and traction systems. hummers come with lockers too but lets face it, hummers suck

#16 ·
I'd say a 2 door Rubi JK. Not just beause Ima jeep freak.
Because---

Mt's
Lockers
Dana 44's, and a hp front, (better than the tj.)
Electronic sway bar disco(An awesome stock feature)
Tow hooks
6 speed if equipped
Skids
The ability to fit huge tires is a plus too.

And a bunch of other stuff Im sure.

#17 ·
uni mog
they have ulta low gearing stock come with 42's locked portal axles

I still like my jeep

this mog is all stock exept for the body changes and the propain injection

#18 ·
biggest downside to mogs is the top speed of 55-56mph, thats one of the big things keeping me from picking one up, I want a vehicle I can still drive to work, and going 55 on the freeway just doesn't cut it for me.

#19 ·
Not to mention they're loud as hell at that speed. My uncle owned a 1964 Swiss Mog 404 for a while. Had the canvas top over the stake bed and everything. PITA to drive if you don't know what all the bazillion levers on the floor are for.

For modern vehicles though, the JK Rubicon wins it all hands down. Front/rear lockers, beefy solid axles at both ends, 4:1 low range, electric swaybar disconnect, and still small enough to fit on most trails.

The H3 wins second place, with 33" tires, 4:1 low range, an now rear and front electric lockers. Basically it's Hummer's version of a Jeep Rubicon with IFS, and it's about the same size (maybe even smaller) as the JK Unlimited.

If you want to take all current vehicles into consideration, I'd say the Dodge Ram PowerWagon. It's got all the features of the Jeep Rubicon (front/rear lockers, electric swaybar disconnect), but with 1-ton axles and a factory winch. I'm not sure if it's got a 4:1 low range t'case though...

#21 ·
What about the rip-saw?

What about the rip-saw?

You Tube link...

The official website is http://www.howeandhowe.com/

These guys have a couple different rigs now... even working with the miltary now.

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.