This is the General Discussion section about the Jeep Cherokee. This post is to inform you of what type of threads should go in this section versus the others. Currently we have 3 sections for the Cherokee and they are:
Cherokee Technical Section
Cherokee Non-Technical Section <---- you are here.
Comanche Technical Section
What type of threads should be posted here?
Basically, anything that is NOT a technical question but still XJ/MJ related. Some real examples of appropriate threads already posted here are:
you know you drive an XJ when...
(humorous, entertaining thread about the XJ and its drivers)
lessons learned... got took on this jeep deal
(general talk about a jeep you just bought)
G/F wrecks the Jeep....
(tell others about your misfortunes, or successes)
North American XJ Associations 25th Anniversary in MOAB
(talk about National or regional XJ events)
Should I buy a XJ or a WJ?
(because this doesn't really belong in the Tech section its okay here)
What my XJ/MJ got for Christmas
(Because there's a thread about this every year... its inevitable)
(only if they are unique and not already posted. We don't need a What will my XJ look like with 3" lift and 31's? thread every week and besides there is already a XJ Lift Setups thread in the Tech section so there are plenty of pictures there)
What type of threads should be NOT posted here?
Do NOT post technical questions in this section. That's what the "Cherokee Technical Section" is for! Examples of threads that should not be posted here are:
- maintenance questions (post in the Cherokee Tech section)
- aftermarket product discussion (post in the Cherokee Tech section)
- "How are brand X tires compared to brand Y tires?" type threads (post in the Tires / Wheels section since it is in no way specific to the XJ)
- "What trails are near where I live?" type threads (post in the Wheeling Neighborhood)
- general discussion threads not about the Cherokee or Comanche (try the general General Discussion section
Get the idea? Keeping the topics separated and posted in the appropriate sections should lead to a more enjoyable forum experience by all.
PS. One more thing: Please use the SEARCH
feature. This website has been around for 7 years or so. Surely your question has been asked before.