what to look for in a late model cherokee? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > what to look for in a late model cherokee?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #1
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

what to look for in a late model cherokee?

looking at a 98 tonight. it sounds great. has 140K on the odo. the guy is the second owner, he bought it from a lady who used it as her around town vehicle. he has every receipt from any work done on it. oil changes, trans flush etc.

i have never owned a late model, only drive one. anything specific to look for?
it is a 98 sport, white with black/grey interior. one rip on the side of the seat. very small. tint. roof rack, hitch sounds like it is all stock, but i havent seen pics.
he wants 2700. or maybe less if its gone today
has a washington title, but is clean and clear, no problem, i will just have to transfer it to oregon and have the vin inspected.

i think ill get the vin and call oregon DMV and they can tell me if it will be a branded title or not. just to double check. he says its not. but i wanna make sure.

92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

02 KJ Limited, 255 70 16s, front skid, LS/373 gears
jeeptorino68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
stephen28
2013 JK Wrangler 

thats a fair price, everyone around here is stupid with the prices they ask on simmilar late model jeeps around here. even a decent 87 will go for 3k (no kidding i looked at one and offered 2k on it and that was high for that truck, i thought..)
stephen28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
REDPoliceXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

that seems like a fair price if you ask me. I just paid a little over 3000 for a 99 with 76k on her. I guess it all depends on what the condition is because we all know that the 4.0 will run forever so no worries there. I'm new to Jeeps so I can't offer any really useful info but I hope that this will help you out a little bit!
REDPoliceXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
jeeptorino68
1992 XJ Cherokee 

yea it ran good, but needed tires bad!, also was dirtier then i expected, and the paint was coming off at the rain gutters...
so i offered 2250 (also a couple hundred in plates and title fees) and he said he had so many people wanting to buy that he would sell it at 2500-2700 to someone else.

oh well
it drove great though
92 XJ 4.0 HO,AW4, NP242, 30" BFG AT, 1.75 spacer and ZJ coils, double cherokee leaf pack and 2 inch rough country shackles, 2.5 inch dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas skid, front skid, warn t-case skid, 99+ intake, bored TB

02 KJ Limited, 255 70 16s, front skid, LS/373 gears
jeeptorino68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.