What lift do I have? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What lift do I have?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
ComancheKid45
1988 MJ Comanche 

Easy way to check lift height. take a tape measurer and measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the flare.

Stock is 17.5" up front and 17" in the rear.

ComancheKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #17
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias4WDCenter View Post
Are you speculating that I have no hands on experience with the product, or is this something you know?
I am not here to bash a manufacturer's product. I posted information I thought would be helpful for the OP and his long term goals.
I don't have to speculate, because by the nature of your comment it is clear that you have not researched or had any experience with the product.

I do have experience with a number of RC products, some of which I have replaced, but the DBs are one that I wouldn't hesitate using again.

OP, I would recommend looking at different coil, arm and shock setup. I am currently running RE CAs and coils with Bilstein shocks (with the RC DBs) and have minimal complaints. I am considering changing to a coil with a slightly lower spring rate. But it sounds like you have a good starting foundation, if you replace a few individual components you could have a pretty good setup and not break the bank.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
Elias4WDCenter

"I don't have to speculate, because by the nature of your comment it is clear that you have not researched or had any experience with the product." My hands on experience with the product (not just one company's, but almost all lower control arm drop brackets) is something I try to limit to:
1. diagnose the problem or discuss with the owner of the vehicle why they hate them so much
2. replace them with something that works better.

On the flip side, our shop experience with Rubicon Express control arms and coils and Bilstein shocks is, speculatively speaking, 100% positive.
(I own a 96 equipped with all Rubicon Express arms, 4" springs, shackles, rock rails and bilstein shocks - but no drop brackets.)
Sales, Service & Installation - Suspension, Accessories, Wheels and Tires, Recovery Gear, Bumpers. WE SET UP AXLES, GEARS and LOCKERS. (And we'll work on your mother-in-law's Honda so you can wrench on your Jeep!) 978-597-8432 Mon - Thurs, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Townsend, MA. Tell us Jeep Forum sent you!
Elias4WDCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComancheKid45 View Post
Easy way to check lift height. take a tape measurer and measure from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the flare.

Stock is 17.5" up front and 17" in the rear.
Please lettuce know what measurements you come up with. A 4.5" lift would have to sag quite a bit to rub substantially on 31's.

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #20
ColtonW

So. I filled up the Jeep today for the first time since last week and I set the trip meter. I got 170 to 17 gallons. I am legit getting 10mpg, and I made sure I didn't take it past 2k MAYBE 2.5k. What is a matter?!! I heard of people getting 15-18 on 31's!
ColtonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #21
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtonW View Post
So. I filled up the Jeep today for the first time since last week and I set the trip meter. I got 170 to 17 gallons. I am legit getting 10mpg, and I made sure I didn't take it past 2k MAYBE 2.5k. What is a matter?!! I heard of people getting 15-18 on 31's!
Your on 31s right? If you are your speedometer is off, so the miles you drove is actually more. There's some fancy calculator to figure it out. Maybe someone else has it ha.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.