JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/)
-   -   what kinda tires are u running/ or do u suggest? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/what-kinda-tires-u-running-do-u-suggest-251433/)

red96jeep 03-19-2006 03:13 PM

what kinda tires are u running/ or do u suggest?

....well what kinda tires do u all like and what rim sizes and wheel sizes.

Matt Gertsch 03-19-2006 03:17 PM

I'm running siped Wildcat EXTs in 30x9.50 LT15 on stock steelies. They're good off road, but they don't hook up on the pavement at all.

JCwarrior88 03-19-2006 03:20 PM

31x10.50 BFG AT's on stock rims.

I love my stock rims, but I wish I could have a wider stance.
As for the BFG's, they are great. They are awesome in snow and hold their own in the mud which I was suprised with.

dsarraf 03-19-2006 03:24 PM

I also am having a problem picking a tire brand. I am torn between BFG and ProComp. I am looking into 31's.

Matt Gertsch 03-19-2006 03:27 PM

I'd go BFG. ProComp seems to be the preferred brand of mall crawlers everywhere.

SpoonyGSR 03-19-2006 03:28 PM

br goodrich all terrains.....extremely capable and practical...i would never change

XJ Wagon 03-19-2006 03:32 PM

I just installed a RE6030 lift and 31's. I went with Bridstone Dueler A/T Revo on Bassett steel wheels. So far I like them. They had good reviews on Tirerack's website.

russkrs 03-19-2006 03:41 PM

I have been running walmarts All terrain liberators for the last 70k, and love them... and before that I had a set on my Ranger for over 60k before selling the truck.... I just bought some Mickey Thompson baja belted HPs... we'll see how they turn out.

I highly recommend the walmart tires... but I think it is Uniroyal that has their tag on them now.

88XJSport 03-19-2006 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoonyGSR
br goodrich all terrains.....extremely capable and practical...i would never change

If you didnt say this first, i was probably type the exact same thing. :thumbsup:

ktmracer419 03-19-2006 04:00 PM

i run 32x11.5 kumho muds (road venture or something like that) on 15x8 rims.

so far I like them, great in mud (gotten out of every situation where I thought i would have been sunk) loud on the road, hook up good on the road too. Pretty nice in the rocks too.

I previously ran 235/75/15 cooper discoverer at's, great all around tire, easily get 60k miles out of them, good in snow, decent in mud, ok on rocks, handled great on the road.

noliepolie 03-19-2006 04:03 PM

BFG A/T's suck in mud. OK for everything else, but NOT MUDDDDDD!!! Just my .02

Twisted 03-19-2006 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red96jeep
....well what kinda tires do u all like and what rim sizes and wheel sizes.

Can't believe no one has asked yet but what kind of wheelin are ya gonna do?

If no mud is invloved at all you will get a lot of votes for the BFG AT's. Great tire but a bit spendy. They do great everywhere as long as there is no mud since they don't clean out well at all.

If it was me I would pick the BFG MT over the AT even if I never saw mud. They seem to get more miles, drive better, more aggressive, and plain look better.

However, if you want to think out of the box a bit you can save some money. BFG's are spendy, no doubt. If you like their MT look into the Kumho Venture MT. They are quite a bit cheaper and appear to have all the same characteristics of the BFG, including tread life. Haven't heard a complaint about them yet.

If you want something more aggressive look into the Trxus MT. Its a heavy tire that balances poorly but is real aggressive and still cheaper than the BFG's but a little more than the Kumho's.

If you are mainly gonna drive pavement get the Kumho's or throw down for the BFG's.

Bosco01Cherokee 03-19-2006 04:14 PM

I run 31" SS Thornbirds in my garage. Haha. After I get that RE 4.5" they're goin' back on. Oh yeah, 15" Rockcrawler steels with I think 4" backspacing. Love the black rim/tire look!

white98xj 03-19-2006 04:25 PM

Right now i am in kinda the same situation. i just got my lift, and i will be putting it on within the next week or two, and i cannot decide between the Bridgestone Dueler M/T, or the Cooper STT(New Design) they are both similar in price, and i am favoring the cooper based on what i have heard for over all performance on street and off road. Also, i do see that bridgestone's dueler A/T Revo is tirerack.com's #1 tire. that is a possibility too. i would like some help on this decision, so lets hear your opinions and experiences with the tires. thanks

Blue XJ 03-19-2006 04:34 PM

I'm running some 32x11.50 BFG MT's on 15x7 rims. So far so good, its amazing what they can do, with the locker in the rear, there are a lot of times that 2wd is good enough to get through stuff.

The time now is 09:03 PM.