what kind of leaf springs should i get for a rc 4.5 inch lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > what kind of leaf springs should i get for a rc 4.5 inch lift?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
army17

what kind of leaf springs should i get for a rc 4.5 inch lift?

My leaf springs are rusty and I'm looking to buy new ones ..but I don't know what kind..I'm looking for something decent and not expensive.

army17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
army17

what kind of leaf springs should i get for a rc 4.5 inch lift?

I need new rear leaf springs and I was wondering what kind would be good to fit my rc 4.5 inch lift ..I'm looking for something decent but not expensive
army17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
flatheadmatt
1998 XJ Cherokee 

just replaced mine last week on my 98XJ 4.5 RC liftt. My springs were sagging and shot. I talked to another forum member and he recommended Old man emu 3.5 springs and 3/4 inch rusty's shackles. After it was all said and done my lift measured exactly 4.5 in the rear. Its a great setup and rides much better than my old add a leaf and stock springs. Feel free to IM me if you have any questions or problems.
flatheadmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
sAe23
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Silly question: did you get the ADD-a-leaf RC kit, or their FULL leaf kit?
If you bought the add-a-leaf kit, then just buy any stock leaf spring...
And if the main leafs are worn out, you might as well presume the add-a-leafs are worn out too.
Otherwise (and preferably), get some actual 4.5" full leafs! RC's are probably the cheapest, but they are kinda stiff...
sAe23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.