What else needs to be done? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What else needs to be done?

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Closed Thread
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #31
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like a pretty nice and clean Jeep. Check out pirate4x4's forums and post up over there. They are really into Jeeps like this, Im sure they will be much nicer than these guys.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #32
jrg510
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasgt View Post
looks like a pretty nice and clean jeep. Check out pirate4x4's forums and post up over there. They are really into jeeps like this, im sure they will be much nicer than these guys. :d
+1
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #33
jakecarder
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i dont think he even knows what this so called axles, gears, lockers and armor are. what a jokee. and this is coming from someone who drinks monster religously every day multiple times a day
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #34
XJRAY181

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakecarder
i dont think he even knows what this so called axles, gears, lockers and armor are. what a jokee. and this is coming from someone who drinks monster religously every day multiple times a day
^retard
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #35
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJRAY181 View Post
^retard

How old are you?

Play nice, all of you.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Unread 04-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #36
MOBBiN

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I third the Pirate4x4.com idea. They have a jeep section that you'd like
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #37
BlazerZJ
1997 ZJ 

Noone has mentioned the Oakley and Metal Mulisha stickers. Honestly though man if all the decals were removed and the neon removed it would be a nice jeep. As far as the HID goes there's always gonna be the debate back and forth but me personally they are dangerous. Especially in a lifted jeep or a truck.
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #38
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
How is it rice? You're not blind, correct? First, the Monster logos that all the immature high school kids think is "bada$$".I hope Monster pays you to wear those dumb looking logos. The green under lighting? Really? It's a jeep, not a car from the first The Fast and the Furious. Which was all rice. And it's ok to blind people with your HID's? Yup, you are the typical Monster "broski" dooshbag. You probably wear Tapout clothes too.
Nah I bet he wears Affliction.

image-1052245993.jpg
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #39
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjock View Post
Other than that, what axles are under it? Gears? Lockers? Armor?
He doesn't know. He doesn't want to learn. He wanted to post up a few pics of that jeep and have everyoe tell him how awesome the customized 'monster all over' treatment looked.

He has about a zero chance of fabbing in a cummings 4bt and if he does successfully get it running the headlights will become a safetly 'warning' feature to get the heck out of the way because you know he won't beef up the frame/steering/springs to handle the extra weight.

So far we know it handled the other trails that some other folks went on, so that's a big help for what kind of wheel'n plans he has.

Most likely he will quote me and respond with some astricks to show us he is just as bad as his monster all over jeep.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #40
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
And actually I bought it from my brother in law who trains Ryan Villipoto so that's why there is monster stuff on it so it and no highschool bull****
Interesting. In this 'where should I go trailing' thread you state it a little different. Allow me to quote:

Quote:
01 Cherokee 240,000 miles 3in rough country suspension lift, 33x11.50x16's Mud Claws and I customized it all Monster Energy. Soon to be getting soonsored
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f332/.../#post15244931

I am not sure what 'getting soonsored' is but if it something you can avoid by keeping your pants on, I would suggest you do.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #41
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliehopnoodle

He doesn't know. He doesn't want to learn. He wanted to post up a few pics of that jeep and have everyoe tell him how awesome the customized 'monster all over' treatment looked.

He has about a zero chance of fabbing in a cummings 4bt and if he does successfully get it running the headlights will become a safetly 'warning' feature to get the heck out of the way because you know he won't beef up the frame/steering/springs to handle the extra weight.

So far we know it handled the other trails that some other folks went on, so that's a big help for what kind of wheel'n plans he has.

Most likely he will quote me and respond with some astricks to show us he is just as bad as his monster all over jeep.

image-1232494702.jpg

What he thinks when he's cruising in his Jeep.

image-2311129022.jpg

What we think when he posts ricer Jeep.

image-3707730119.jpg

The unfortunate truth.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #42
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Im sure that you're a cool dude, but that Xj has D-Bag written all over it. BUt then again, I don't have to drive it, so its not my problem. If you like it, then thats all that matters. Just let it be known...you asked for opinions and you got them whether you liked them or not.
Loose the monster stickers....my question is for people who have monster stickers....are you sponsored by them or do you just love the drink that much?
Loose the green neons, and then grill insert with green light and redo exhaust.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #43
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
How is it rice? You're not blind, correct? First, the Monster logos that all the immature high school kids think is "bada$$".I hope Monster pays you to wear those dumb looking logos. The green under lighting? Really? It's a jeep, not a car from the first The Fast and the Furious. Which was all rice. And it's ok to blind people with your HID's? Yup, you are the typical Monster "broski" dooshbag. You probably wear Tapout clothes too.
correction...he wears Fox!
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:31 AM   #44
ChEaPsK87
1987 XJ Cherokee 

you are giving us monster drinkers a bad name! when you work 24-36 hrs with no lunch time, on call 24/7/365 and get the phone call at 2 am because thousands of gallons of sewage is pouring out of a manhole and into the local lake and you smile put on some gloves and go shoulder deep into steaming piles of corn infested crap to get the cleaning head into the pipe to remove the blockage...then you drink monster to stay awake and moving!

but on your jeep. do you have the chryco 8.25? you can put rear disc brakes from a WJ on it then you would have front and rear calipers to paint hot pink to match everything else. other than that sell it to someone who will use it for Jeep purposes and you would have enough $ to buy a early 90s civic to turbo and hack the exhaust so we can hear you out on the trails 1 mile away and wonder where the bee swarm is coming from.Enough rant...enjoy your local mall and "dirt trails" with your brahs!
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #45
revelc
1985 FSJ Wagoneer 

But seriously. Put gears in, rebuild your engine, put a turbo kit on, take off the HID's and put a basket on top with some offroad lights. Have you measured your engine compartment and seen if it will clear? Even the 4-bt is a long engine. Then you'd need a tranny that won't explode with all that torque, axles that can support the weight and power, gusset/box the frame, add 2" of lift in the front for the weight difference, custom gauge cluster, dual batteries, custom exhaust, custom radiator, tranny cooler, re-plumb the fuel system, fab custom mounts, maybe long arm the rear to prevent axle wrap, and don't forget fitting a custom intercooler in there somewhere.

The guys in the FSJ forum might be giving you a hard time but we don't want you to fail. And we love the people around us so we do our best to be safe. We know your not a knuckle dragger, just consider other the safety of those around you.

And we wouldn't judge if you saved all that money from the diesel swap (probably upwards of $7,000) and threw a turbo on a fresh rebuild. You'll have plenty of power and economy and save $5,000. Heck you could even put a nice long travel set up on too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.