What do you think of my XJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What do you think of my XJ?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-29-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

its missing 2 cylnders...
lol... JK, it looks good, time for a life kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 12:31 PM   #17
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
life kit.
hes got a jeep, what more could he need?
Unread 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #18
JeepCherk98

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
i definitly agree man..but watch out for the tj guys. for some reason they think theyre better than us xj guys because they have a frame thats seperate from the body. all that does is give an excuse to cheap out on a lift and just lift up the body..haha. yeah i upgraded my membership so this forum stays strong and keeps on growing.

dont worry, youll get the itch to get it lifted. when i first got mine, it was like a baby and i didnt want to lift it or offroad it. that wore off after about a week...lol

forgot to say, good looking jeep man. nice and clean.................now go get it dirty
Oh really? Ill stay away Yah i want to lift it, but i dont know how much it would cost? an estimate cost? but first off i need to figure out the fuel problem im having...Ty aircruiser...maybe if i clean the throttle body it'll do better =p Oh the paint is wearing off my rims, what color should i paint the rims?
JeepCherk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #19
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nah just kiddin. the wrangler guys and cherokee guys are always fighting between whos got the better jeep, but its just in good fun. fuel problem? are you talking about gas mileage wise? you know these things are shaped like bricks right? my lift is going to be around $1100. im getting mine installed by a local 4WD shop because i dont have all the tools and worse off, i dont have any time!! the day of my lift, ive got to drop off the jeep, get a ride to work and then get a ride back to pick up the jeep. but the lift was $339 to begin with, an extra $280 for brand new leaf packs and $24 for new u-bolts. labor was like $450 if i remember right and theyre changing out the axle u-joint since theyve got the front end apart already and thats another $100. yeah i need some new tools...and more friggen time

as for the rims, i just went with black. yeah everyone else does it but it looks awesome. just remember prepping the rims is key. its your jeep, do whatever ya want with it as long as you dont lower it and put 22" chrome dubz on it..haha
Unread 07-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #20
JeepCherk98

Nice man! yah im uploading vids on youtube now, and ima put them on my profile so check them out!
Unread 07-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #21
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sounds good. i havent gotten many vids of my jeep, gotta get some next time i take it wheeling.
Unread 07-30-2008, 09:56 AM   #22
JeepCherk98

yah... well thanks all and yes my light under the hood has a short in it lol
Unread 07-30-2008, 03:47 PM   #23
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Looks Good. When I pick mine up I'll havta roll stock for a while, then it's a modest two-inch lift and some extra toys.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #24
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I do like a white XJ. I'm driving three hours south to buy one next weekend (with wood trim, no less!). A three inch lift, some 31" muds, 4.10 gears, ARB bumper, roof rack w/spare, dual ARB lockers, SYE, tow hooks, skid plates--schwing!!!!
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #25
1988XJ
1988 XJ Cherokee 

what did that front license plate say in thats first picture?
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=611854
1988 jeep cherokee trimed fenders, 2 inch lift, 32X11.50 Bfg mt's
1988XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #26
JeepCherk98

uhh lol, i let my mom drive it for awhile, and she put that tag on there...it says I love my and then a picture of her dog...lol
Unread 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #27
85xj123
1985 XJ Cherokee 

man thats a clean jeeper! needs a lift sooooon though lol!
85xj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 09:58 AM   #28
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

White Jeeps look good at stock height. My dad's last police car was a brand new Indiana State Bid 1997 Jeep Cherokee. He bought it for his department thru the IDNR. DNR still rolls around in XJs to this day, white only.

It was funny cause they let him spec the Jeep, which we thought was weird since we figured we'd just get what IDNR got. He ordered Air, power locks, no spare tire, cruise control, and black. What he got was a white jeep with power mirrors, windows, locks, no cruise, but rear wiper (was that an option maybe?). When he asked, the bid manager said "LOL you can have whatever color Cherokee you want so long as it's white!"
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2008, 10:20 AM   #29
JeepCherk98

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadetklapp View Post
White Jeeps look good at stock height. My dad's last police car was a brand new Indiana State Bid 1997 Jeep Cherokee. He bought it for his department thru the IDNR. DNR still rolls around in XJs to this day, white only.

It was funny cause they let him spec the Jeep, which we thought was weird since we figured we'd just get what IDNR got. He ordered Air, power locks, no spare tire, cruise control, and black. What he got was a white jeep with power mirrors, windows, locks, no cruise, but rear wiper (was that an option maybe?). When he asked, the bid manager said "LOL you can have whatever color Cherokee you want so long as it's white!"
Haha thanks, and the last snetecne is funny as hell lol! idk if the rear wiper was an option...it prolly was... yah i like the cruise control, it is really handy haha...meh i have to spend some money on my jeep today, needs an oil change and prolly a transmission oil change... NOT

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.