What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 953 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #14281
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Started spraying my extra leaf's with PB Blast to remove the shackle bolts (the yard cut the shackles), and removed some door trim parts from my parts XJ to sell.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:35 PM   #14282
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18 View Post
Balanced my tires today. I had to put almost 5oz on each side of my front right tire. The KM2's and mud terrain tires in general suck to balance.

try a static clip. looks way better and takes less weight. i balanced my 35" KM2s with at the most of 3oz of weight.
Unread 03-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #14283
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcxleatherneck View Post
No its to keep things in. You dont know the type of people that live up here.... they get alittle mad lol.

Sounds good man just let me know cause I really want to order these to get ready.

BTW if your into large puddles there is a huge one on black dog right east of that little 10' bridge. I didnt know how big it was, and hit it at 35 and couldnt see for afew seconds lol.
i havent wheeled down there in forever. not since i hydrolocked my jeep down there last spring. worst night ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDCORXJ View Post
Got snowed out from work today.... went to check out a friends new bumper and successfully destroyed 1 km2 by blowing out the sidewall on some concrete dont know what i am going to do now
hope you got them at discount tire and had certs on them

and are you sure you just didnt pop it off the bead?
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #14284
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Installed my C4x4 tow hooks today...Chrome?!?!?!?!? Oh well, guess I'll be painting them soon.

Check out my build thread

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Looking for a set of pre-96 XJ front bumper endcaps
Curt41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #14285
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Chrome?

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #14286
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep89JV View Post
Chrome?
They were black in the picture on the website, I swear.

Survivalist Jeep #6

Rusty's 3in Full leaf pack, JKS quicker discos, rear sway bar gone, Carr light bar with 4 KC 6x9's, C4x4 Tow Hooks, Flowmaster Super 44 Off Road Muffler, 31x10.50 Goodyear Dura-Tracs

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:20 PM   #14287
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt41 View Post
They were black in the picture on the website, I swear.
Yeah i'm not sure if i would've even bolted them on lol.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #14288
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Installed my C4x4 tow hooks today...Chrome?!?!?!?!? Oh well, guess I'll be painting them soon.
like they say... Crome dont get ya home

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #14289
Curt41
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep89JV View Post
Yeah i'm not sure if i would've even bolted them on lol.
Well I would have but I'm going on my first real wheeling trip tomorrow morning so I figured it would be a good idea to have them on, even if they were chrome.

Survivalist Jeep #6

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #14290
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well I would have but I'm going on my first real wheeling trip tomorrow morning so I figured it would be a good idea to have them on, even if they were chrome.
Gotcha, keep us posted on how much crap you get for them

Unread 03-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #14291
mattathayde
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
at least you know the wont rust, i got black ones from them but they looked like that got a crate of them the supplier just tossed them all into, the paint was horribly chipped and peeling but they said thats how all of them were, i stripped them and painted them but the paint hasnt held up just on the highway really well, i didnt have access to a sandblaster at the time but i dont think i will be able to get them off easily in my apt parking lot w/o getting *****ed at since we cant work on vehicles here... like there is any room to do anything other than checking my oil.
-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #14292
country_boy454
1996 ZJ 

Resurected it from its winter slumber. Had to park the DD for repairs/upgrades. Been 5 months since I drove it. Felt weird. Got use to the 318 then went to the I6 with 3.55s and 34" LTBs!

Got dual code 43s again. Replaced the plugs on it and that fixed it.... Till now. Only put on about 400 miles since then (its a trail toy/back up vehicle that has seen ~6k in miles since I bought it 5 yrs ago)..... Damn oil blowing through the exhaust..... Oh well more things to add to the fix it list for this.
1996 XJ 6.5" Rusty's, 34" LTB's, 220 amp alt, #1 wire upgrade, 4.0, AW4, NP231 NON SYE, CB 1996 ZJ Plum Broke Limited 5.2, SCT Tuned, Dual exhaust, CAI, Audivox Prestige APS997a alarm, Performance Distributors Ignition Upgrade, KOR BB + Up Country Springs, 52mm TB, 24lb/hr Ford Racing Injectors Plum Broke Build thread
country_boy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #14293
bootht99
1990 XJ Cherokee 

1989 Jeep Cherokee 2dr with chevy 350 motor - Winnipeg SUV, Crossover For Sale - Kijiji Winnipeg
i like the mud flaps.

i need to figure out why i have no fog lights, and hopefully tomorrow i can pick up some s-10 leaf springs and one of those NAPA locking cables so i can make a mechanical actuator for my 4x4.
PURPLE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #10
bootht99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #14294
jeepxjadam
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yesterday my steering stabilizer came in. so today i decided to go install it and rough country sent me the wrong bolt that goes on the axle side. to make things easier, i just went to tractor and supply and bought another one instead of calling rc and correcting the problem. it was a somewhat inconvient for me
Warn t-case skid, M.O.R.E steering box brace, D-Windows, 33x10.5 KM2's
cut and folded rear, flare relocation up front
jeepxjadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #14295
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

My dad ordered my unibody stiffeners, shackles and Erics book for my birthday. Good stuff on the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.