What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 903 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #13531
Fury3
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Fixed the Rattling Hatch replaced the struts!

No more Rattling. I fixed the hatch by getting new rubber bumpers and installing them body side, mine were trashed. I also replace the gas struts so the thing won't bash me in the head anymone. Total time: 20 minutes. No more rattles... priceless!

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]
[SIZE="2"]2K Cherokee UpCountry 4.0 AW4 w/4.5" lift, [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][/FONT]Front Spartan, Rear Aussie, AA's Sye, Swapped in HP D30 and 8.25, Yukon front and G2 rear shafts and 4.56 gears, Tom Woods drive shaft, Warn's Hub Conversion, Crown's rear disc conversion, JKS shackles, Quick Discos, ACOS and Upper Arms, RC shackle relocaters, drop brackets and X-Flex lower arms, JCR's TCase Skid, Skid Row's belly pan and LC arm skids, AJ's rails, Logan's front bumper, Detours' rear bumper carrier, XRC8 winch, BlackRock 16 x 8 wheels with 33" TreadWrights, Napier's Flares, Rust, dents and scratches.[SIZE="2"][FONT="Arial Narrow"][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
Fury3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #13532
Angry_bald_guy
1985 J-Series Truck 

I'm going to look at the J-20 in about 45 mins or so... Matilda will be taking me there...

[B]A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of the free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.[/B]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f271/matilda-928184/"][B]My Former Jeep[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/build-up-jeanine-993071/"][B]My Current Jeep[/B][/URL]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]JFI Member #13[/B][/COLOR]
[B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/dont-dishonest-seller-860174/"]Report a scam on JeepForum.[/URL][/B]
Angry_bald_guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #13533
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I should do something today... Thinking about starting my exo but I would need to borrow a few bucks from Pa'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 01:23 PM   #13534
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

when i walked out to drive it to class this morning i was amazed by how clean it is from removing the trim yesterday. i actually did a double take at first b/c i'm not used to it yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #13535
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Drove to work and then to shovel a few places. When I went to my grandparents, parked in the back yard with 10 inches of snow on the ground. Had to use 4hi to get out. Did some snow drifting on the back road into my apt. complex. I was almost 90 degrees sideways, but never did go around.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #13536
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I saw a lifted 84 or 85 4runner on 37" IROK Super Swampers... Downtown. Was neat to see an old truck lifted to the sky on 4 leaf springs; all be it out of place downtown.

Didn't do anything to my jeep.. but I day dreamed about it.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM   #13537
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Pulled the TB from my parts XJ, and managed to crush a thumb, cut myself in several places, and hacked the stripped head off of a torx screw.

Oh...and I got my Rusty's steering brace.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #13538
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Parked in Jeep fashion. Parked in the back yard so I can clear the driveway of snow.

Only had to use 4wd to get going once I tried to move to leave.

Here is the pic of the lady who cuts my hair truck after I put all the snow in it.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #13539
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Pulled the TB from my parts XJ, and managed to crush a thumb, cut myself in several places, and hacked the stripped head off of a torx screw.

Oh...and I got my Rusty's steering brace.
Sounds like a typical Tuesday working on the Jeep
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #13540
connor0770
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
uhm,... well i do have an extra jeepforum sticker laying around if that might help. aren't you the guy who lost his "R"?
YEA hahaha that would be awesome if i could get that!!! it looks like
Jeepfo.um.com
97 TJ Dana 30 w/ARB Solid Cover, Currie 4" lift, Ford 8.8 w/ Riddler Cover, Currie Steering, Trail Gear Front Bumper, LOD Rear Tire Carrier, Smittybuilt XRC8, 35" KM2's, 5100 Bilsteins, Teraflex Oil Pan Skid, Poison Spider Sliders, Rock Lights etc.
connor0770 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:10 PM   #13541
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I took mine on a treacherous voyage today. It was whiteout conditions and blizzarding and I had to drive 100 miles to rescue my sister from work. She was driving our ZJ and it couldn't handle the snow (open diffs, one spare tire with tons of tread on the back and the other 3 tires with about 5% tread) and she couldn't stop and was sliding everywhere

on the highway the conditions were horrible and 18 wheelers were out there doing 65-70 whereas a realistic speed should have been 40 or 50 given the conditions. I was blinded most of the trip and I couldn't see the car in front of me. That, in 4wd, and I had to go at least 50 not to cause an accident. All the time I couldn't see my lane clearly and whenever I went too much off to one side I would hit a big pile of slush or snow and it would yank the XJ sideways and scare the crap outta me. The XJ survived though, and sister is safe at home in Boston. ZJ is in a parking garage until further notice.

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #13542
Nick
2006 WK 

Sigh. I wish we had gotten the epic snow the East has gotten.
Today, I continued the task of emptying the trunk. I did load up the 200 rounds I bought for my shotgun, and various other ammunitions into the lock box, and into the trunk.

Thought about fixing my hatch, then decided it wasn't worth the effort.
2001 WJ | 4.7L V8 | Utah Jeepcrew #19 | Hemi Club Member 60

1990 White XJ Laredo [Sold]
2000 Silverstone XJ Classic [Sold]
2006 Dodge Charger RT Hemi [Sold]
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee [Current]

Xbox Live gamertag: XJ Nickk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcMuff View Post
Banned for being the cooler Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #13543
tphitterlude92
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i installed my APN header...holy crap that was a pain by myself and then to find out i needed to grind my intake manifold...so sore..
tphitterlude92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #13544
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

The snow was/is awesome right about now, but I was scared to hell driving on the highway with it. I'm going out now to brush the snow off of my XJ it all caked onto the front and my fog lights aren't working cause they're so blocked up haha. I was very impressed , however, for how my XJ handled and nothing went wrong when I was relying on it the most. My sis was ever so grateful and the ZJ is getting 4 new tires once this resides (GAH my XJ is jealous)

Heres some pics from the storm: (left my XJ covered in snow right my friends WK facing off with a h3 haha)

(left, while in the WK, we saw one of the town's firetrucks lost control and slid into a banking. I felt bad but as you can see they made a huge deal about it, closed off the whole road all the way up to the town border (typical) right is my XJ after the long highway voyage in the blizzard. Snow mustache!)

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt

Last edited by compcrasher86; 02-16-2010 at 09:22 PM..
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #13545
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Found out that I f'd up and bought the wrong f'n speedo gear : I got the short stem when I needed the long stem. It serves me right for going off of memory, becasue I was too lazy to take the 2 min to go out and pull it before buying it *******.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.