What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 607 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Reply
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #9091
AustinTexasXJ
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Buda, Austin, Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 5,557
hahhaha. why dont you get 1.5" ome heavy duty springs?

also when you doing the 4x4 swap?

you kinda went away for awhile

__________________
BEN
>Dirty Betty 01 XJ< Wrecked.

>Blue Lucy 97 TJ< Sold.
>STACY 99 WJ<Sold.
>800 Dollar XJ build.< Check it out.
>1997 BMW 318ti< my 35mpg DD


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Xbox live Gamer Tag : BMW Alive 01XJ
Former Nightcrew member #266(RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) www.nightcrew.org
JFI member #2

>>>>>CHECK OUT Www.illuminationleds.bigcartell.com<<<<<
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 09:52 AM   #9092
matikos98
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Levittown, PA
Posts: 178
I did this yesterday...

the Radio: Jensen VM8013HD


The radio installed:


The Speakers for the back roof: Infinity Reference 5022i


Still in box:


What the old ones looked like:
__________________
i dont know what im doing, I'm just making it up as i go....
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black on Black
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/.../#post11681011

This is Sold but you can still look.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...2/#post7807352

Last edited by matikos98; 11-04-2009 at 12:17 PM..
matikos98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #9093
XJisTHErightWAY
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by matikos98 View Post
I did this yesterday...

the Radio: Jensen VM8013HD


The Speakers for the back roof: Infinity Reference 5022i


Still in box:


What the old ones looked like:
Let me know how you like that new head unit. I looked at that one a little while back and have been searching for something to replace the OEM.

Drove her to work. Will drive her to class at 5. I hate the weekdays
__________________
[QUOTE=hussler737;8317259]
I had a hot girl on facebook say "nice jeep, but i've always wanted a wrangler" and my response was deleting her from my friends list.[/QUOTE]
XJisTHErightWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #9094
matikos98
Registered User
2008 WK 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Levittown, PA
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJisTHErightWAY View Post
Let me know how you like that new head unit. I looked at that one a little while back and have been searching for something to replace the OEM.

Drove her to work. Will drive her to class at 5. I hate the weekdays
So far I like it, everything was easy to hook up.... I like the features it has, i like being able to control everything on the screen for my iphone, the SD Card feature is cool; even though i think it can only hold up 2GB of songs witch is under i think 300 songs.

I also ordered a back up camera it should be here in 12 business days so i will let you know more when that comes in because i will have about 2 weeks into playing with it... but right now its a good buy... I have always bought jensen head units because they are cheep but they work fine for me.
__________________
i dont know what im doing, I'm just making it up as i go....
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black on Black
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/.../#post11681011

This is Sold but you can still look.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...2/#post7807352
matikos98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #9095
tock172
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego//Prescott, AZ
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
hahhaha. why dont you get 1.5" ome heavy duty springs?

also when you doing the 4x4 swap?

you kinda went away for awhile
Once the 4x4 is done, I am going to get a 3" full leaf kit, along with the 31" tires I have

Yeah i know haha I was busy with school. Well that's a good question. I should get on that. Like everyone knows, I have all of my parts, I just have no time.
__________________
1996 Mint Green XJ -Sold, 7/10

1986 BMW 535i -Sold, 12/10

2004 330i Sport
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #9096
Rural-Assault
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 394
Installed some wheel spacers 1" front 1.5" rear. Had to equal out the narrow 8.8.
__________________
XJ SPORT® 8" on 36's Geared,Locked & Caged

•—My cheap paint job —•
Rural-Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #9097
pfcstone777
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 316
Put me detours tailbone on.....crappy picture
__________________
2000 XJ "The Slade"
RE 3.5''
35'' KM2s
pfcstone777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:55 AM   #9098
AustinTexasXJ
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Buda, Austin, Cedar Park, Texas
Posts: 5,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Once the 4x4 is done, I am going to get a 3" full leaf kit, along with the 31" tires I have

Yeah i know haha I was busy with school. Well that's a good question. I should get on that. Like everyone knows, I have all of my parts, I just have no time.

need some help hha



aslo how hard would to be to make a auto a standard.?


and what are some good speakers for the sound bar and does anyone have two sound bars?
__________________
BEN
>Dirty Betty 01 XJ< Wrecked.

>Blue Lucy 97 TJ< Sold.
>STACY 99 WJ<Sold.
>800 Dollar XJ build.< Check it out.
>1997 BMW 318ti< my 35mpg DD


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Xbox live Gamer Tag : BMW Alive 01XJ
Former Nightcrew member #266(RIP 01/28/09 - 07/22/09) www.nightcrew.org
JFI member #2

>>>>>CHECK OUT Www.illuminationleds.bigcartell.com<<<<<
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #9099
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 5,953
i reliezed i cant get 31x10.5x16 tires in a load class C. i want goodyear duratracs. guess when i lift my jeep the 15s are staying on it


wait a minute... is a 245/75R16 a 31x10.5 tire? or is 265/75R16 a 31x10.5 tire? ok im dumb i just found these sizes... which on is a 31x10.5 tho??
__________________

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 12:04 PM   #9100
aircruiser
gravity sucks
 
aircruiser's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
i reliezed i cant get 31x10.5x16 tires in a load class C. i want goodyear duratracs. guess when i lift my jeep the 15s are staying on it
those tires are awesome! wever been selling them like crazy at work. we just put some 325/75/20s on a ram the other day and he had the same size except in BFG A/Ts on it and the duratracs look so much better! we also put some 33x12.5s on a wrangler that had claws and he said the ride better, are quieter and are so much better than the claws.

plus they have all the siping you need in a tire to make them a great all season tire too!
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched, main wheeler Build Thread
1998 XJ on 34" LTBs, 4.5", locked rear, trail rig ^ ^ Also in that build thread ^ ^
Both Trailer Queens
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #9101
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 5,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
those tires are awesome! wever been selling them like crazy at work. we just put some 325/75/20s on a ram the other day and he had the same size except in BFG A/Ts on it and the duratracs look so much better! we also put some 33x12.5s on a wrangler that had claws and he said the ride better, are quieter and are so much better than the claws.

plus they have all the siping you need in a tire to make them a great all season tire too!
yeah ive heard good stuff about these tires... but can u answer my sizing question? lol
__________________

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #9102
aircruiser
gravity sucks
 
aircruiser's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,627
245/75 is about 30.5" and 265/75 is about 31.5"
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched, main wheeler Build Thread
1998 XJ on 34" LTBs, 4.5", locked rear, trail rig ^ ^ Also in that build thread ^ ^
Both Trailer Queens
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #9103
Kettles
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 4,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
245/75 is about 30.5" and 265/75 is about 31.5"
Thats with a 16" wheel of course. No need to confuse the people with 15" wheels.
For the future, google search for a tire calcualtor: Tire size calculator Then peeps dont need to ask.
__________________
_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 01:03 PM   #9104
aircruiser
gravity sucks
 
aircruiser's Avatar
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,627
yeah forgot about that with the calculator haha.

i myself just prefer to stick with 15s and American size tires. but i know when i get my next xj and leaving it stock, ill be running stock or maybe even smaller size tires.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched, main wheeler Build Thread
1998 XJ on 34" LTBs, 4.5", locked rear, trail rig ^ ^ Also in that build thread ^ ^
Both Trailer Queens
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #9105
castingshade10
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Framingham Ma
Posts: 49
took off my lame bumper caps. boy are those a pain to get off, snapped two bolts
castingshade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.