What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-12-2008, 08:41 PM   #76
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I got tired of working around the subs in the trunk so i made a shelf....
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...on_12/rack.jpg
With the addition of the shelf i had no room for my fishing pole so i shoved a hook (off a bingee cord) in the window trim.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...n_12/pole1.jpg

sorry for no click free

Carlson99xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #77
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Found out my transmission needs to be rebuilt... I think i will just swap a used one in.
webdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:52 PM   #78
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlson99xj View Post
I got tired of working around the subs in the trunk so i made a shelf....

With the addition of the shelf i had no room for my fishing pole so i shoved a hook (off a bingee cord) in the window trim.

sorry for no click free
anti-clickage

looks good

webdog, did the tranny go due to the crash? that sucks, but the other persons insurance is covering it right?

as for me

got the rockers, bottom of the doors and fenders herculined along with a little spot on both the rear quarters.

had some left over so i finished off the hitch

i got the garage tonight too

ill get better pictures tomorrow but it turned out way better than i thought. also found some rust holes which my friend said he would help me fix.

also, ordered a surco roof rack and gutter mounts off summit. a thanks goes out to millhousenator for helping me find the rack and mounts for a good price.
Unread 06-12-2008, 10:57 PM   #79
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man, looking good i love two doors
Unread 06-12-2008, 11:05 PM   #80
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks, i do too.

how much did that system set you back? ive been looking to get one for mine. all of us with xjs know we use the stereo to cover up those weird noises our rigs make but my system isnt really cutting it. i cant even have the bass more than halfway up without the sound getting distorted.
Unread 06-12-2008, 11:50 PM   #81
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

ya, i know what your saying, i got my entire set up, all four speakers new, stereo deck, and the subs with amp, for about 400 bux, thats with instalation (would have done it myself but when i got the jeep the wiring was shot and it all needed to be redone so i had them do it for me)

The subs aren't the best but they do good at covering those sounds, got those at Circuit City for like $140 (it all comes together, box, subs, and amp)
Unread 06-13-2008, 12:29 AM   #82
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

put on a set of a/t's and replaced all six injectors....doesn't seem like a good idea to driving around with fuel leaking out...not with the gas prices lol
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 01:46 AM   #83
webdog
DirtBound Offroad

1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
webdog, did the tranny go due to the crash? that sucks, but the other persons insurance is covering it right?
Tranny shop says its not related, i found a used one for about $200 so I'm gonna try to pick that up and swap it in. I can say since i am doing my own body work and not replacing the parts the check i got for the crash will cover the tranny + a bunch of other crap. So in the end it will all work out.

I just cant see putting $1800 into a transmission when the vehicle its in is only worth maybe $2500
webdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 07:45 AM   #84
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
as for me

got the rockers, bottom of the doors and fenders herculined along with a little spot on both the rear quarters.

had some left over so i finished off the hitch

i got the garage tonight too

ill get better pictures tomorrow but it turned out way better than i thought. also found some rust holes which my friend said he would help me fix.

also, ordered a surco roof rack and gutter mounts off summit. a thanks goes out to millhousenator for helping me find the rack and mounts for a good price.
Lookin' good ! Can't wait to see more pics. Are you actually going to cut out the bad metal and weld in patches, or just bondo over the holes?

Quote:
thanks, i do too.

how much did that system set you back? ive been looking to get one for mine. all of us with xjs know we use the stereo to cover up those weird noises our rigs make but my system isnt really cutting it. i cant even have the bass more than halfway up without the sound getting distorted.
Cruiser (BTW, what's your real name?) do you have an aftermarket deck? Just curious becuase I installed an aftermarket Pioneer and the sound/bass quality improved 10 fold. Everything else is stock and actually sounds pretty good. Just something to think about if you want better sound on a budget.

Today, I had to jump my Jeep (someone who shall reamin nameless left the lights on) and drive it home from downtown in rush hour traffic w/o letting it get below 1k rpms. For some reason it was idling roughly and about stalling. It's fixed now but I really wish I had 2 left feet for that ride home.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #85
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

my real name is grant and my system sucks pretty bad. the exhaust covers up most of the noises and i can listen to my music without alot of bass and it works but id still like to get a good system for when i just feel like listening to music. as for the body work, i was thinking about just using body filler but i might just cut out the dead spot and have my friend weld in a piece of steel. its out of sight so it doesnt have to look pretty and then i can get all the mud out of the hole. we'll see.
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #86
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
my real name is grant and my system sucks pretty bad. the exhaust covers up most of the noises and i can listen to my music without alot of bass and it works but id still like to get a good system for when i just feel like listening to music. as for the body work, i was thinking about just using body filler but i might just cut out the dead spot and have my friend weld in a piece of steel. its out of sight so it doesnt have to look pretty and then i can get all the mud out of the hole. we'll see.
I guess I dunno if that means you have an aftermarket deck or not, but I'd start there before you start spending money on speakers, subs, etc. I'm sure you'll be pleasently surprised.

As far as the body work goes, if you have acces to someone who can weld you'd be better off cutting out the old and welding in the new. I'm not sure where the hole is located, but if it's a fairly flat area fabbing up a patch should be a piece of cake.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #87
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

nope, no aftermarket deck. my friend (redhatman) has a wire feed that he used to do body work on his jeep. the hole in my jeep is in the passenger side wheel well. about the size of a golf ball. shouldnt be hard to rig something up.
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #88
lziel590
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I shelled out more money to the auto shop so I could get mine released. But it sure will be nice to have it back after two weeks gone!
lziel590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #89
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
nope, no aftermarket deck. my friend (redhatman) has a wire feed that he used to do body work on his jeep. the hole in my jeep is in the passenger side wheel well. about the size of a golf ball. shouldnt be hard to rig something up.
An aftermarket deck would wake up the factory setup. I've got two Pioneer's, one in the Jeep and one in the Ram, and lemmie tell you they're the cat's *** ! Pretty affordable too.

It's nice you have a friend who can weld. MIG's are nice and easy to work with. Just prep it good and make sure the patch has kinda the same contours and fits the spot, then burn it in. Doesn't have to be perfect since it's somewhere no one will probably see it.

The Daily Driver
Unread 06-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #90
camjeep3
1988 MJ Comanche 

dont just put filler on it! you wont see the rust anymore... for a while it will come back. cut out the rust prep the metal spray with some weld through primer weld it up and put a rust inhibitor on it.
6inch RE lift w/ Spring over-8.8 aussie locker and 4.56s
High School Jeepers #15
camjeep3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.