What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-23-2008, 10:05 PM   #856
4SEVEN3
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I finally got around to washing it and took the old stickers off the rear hatch glass. Tomorrow Im going to checkout the underside and see how everything looks, Im also going to try to get tin interior clean. I repainted the windshield wipers flat black today also!

4SEVEN3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 10:36 PM   #857
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
Which Cragar's are you going with? D-Window's, Soft 8's, V5's?

As far as my XJ, I've spent most of the morning working on fixing rust. I thought it was just some surface stuff, turned out I had three egg sized holes and two small holes in the roof. I preped everything, sprayed it with a rust stopper, and used mesh and bondo to patch them. I was going to weld in patches but got lazy . Now I'm waiting for that to cure. I LOVE Minnesota winters !
been thinking d-windows, but soft 8s will do if theyve still got them at the local tire shop. i might be getting a job at that shop too..got my fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmc01 View Post
I'm curious as to why you are putting the most important item at the end of your "things to buy" list.
iron rock has a really cheap prototype they are working on and theyre not done yet. might be a little bit but will be worth the wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
If aircruiser's anything like me and my buddies, it's because you can't see the hack 'n' tap. The tires, wheels and bumper will change the appearance greatly, and really want to get rid of the itch of anticipation, 'cause nothing sucks more than an itch you can't scratch! Am I right aircruiser?
this is also true! if youve seen my rig, you know the tires look like donuts now..

today, drove it to work and back and went over to a friends and back. thats about it.
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 10:50 PM   #858
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Installed replacement hatch from 00 Xj, installed new right rear vent window, installed stereo and spliced harness, installed headlight bezel and changed transmission fluid.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:49 PM   #859
bigbike
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Installed the lift. I got a Rustys 3 inch with full packs and heavy duty coils. I got major death wobble on my way home at an speeds above 35. Loose track bar bolt no alligment and no sway bars= death it was not pleasent at all. pics will be up soon.
bigbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #860
XJ_jeepin_06
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Installed my optima red top, then flexed it out in my parents ditch.... then washed it.... Took some pics in there somewhere excuse the crappy cell pics.

Mine is the red one...

Then in the parking lot...

O and air cruiser.... Here is mine when I was 17 ... Just so you dont feel left out with the donuts

Kevin
Unread 08-24-2008, 01:05 AM   #861
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

haha thats cool man..my goal is to have it on 33s by the end of the school year which is in june so yeah..

and it will be on 33s by then. sharp lookin jeep by the way.
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 01:23 AM   #862
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I picked up 120ft of steel tubing today. I am going to be making rocker rails and possible exo-cage it. I really want to exo cage it but right now I don't see a good way of doing it. I want to exo it in a way where i can still take off my front and rear bumbers. If I can't find a way to do it then Ill just do a full roll cage.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 07:34 PM   #863
XJohnnyC

Replaced the rear main seal on the MJ. No more leaks.

Also put on some longer swaybar links. I'd been running without a front swaybar for a couple of weeks because the stock links were too short when I did the BB. I hated being bar-less.

And I swapped out the O2 sensor.
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #864
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I was wondering why my LR tire lost 10psi in an 10hr period. I ended up finding a nail. I started pricing out new tires as my current ones are to the point where if I replace two, I might as well do all four. I just can't really justify spending $700 for BFG AT's at this point, so I've been thinking about going with Goodyear Wrangler Radial's. I can get four installed for under $400 at Discount Tire. They have an AT tread pattern that looks like it would do pretty good in snow, and off road. I need new wheels to, mine are rusted to hell. We shall see...

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:23 PM   #865
88heeper
1992 XJ Cherokee 

changed my steering box was a pain in the arse the other one had broken bolts in it
88heeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #866
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finally drove the 100 miles needed before I re-torqued my driveshaft. Now I just need to get ahold of a grease gun. Looks like I'm tcase leak-free now too, must have held my mouth right when I put it back on.

Don't feel too bad aircruiser, I'm runnin around on lawnmower wheels for awhile too Lookin good if I havent said so yet brother

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #867
tigeowner
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Today,
I thought about the good times I've had in my XJ. I miss her
tigeowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #868
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yesterday I wheeled it pretty hard. Need a new crossmember in a BAD way. The middle of it is sitting higher then before I did my TC drop. So today.... New crossmember and install, new taillight and install, try to fix a crushed rocker, try to pop out a dented endcap.

Still a good day for the most part though
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #869
sparkymahjr
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I almost crapped my pants in my XJ today! I was trucking down the highway at about 65 when I got Crazy Death Wooble. I had the doors off so I could see the Driver side tire going back and forth by about 10 degrees each way, which is pretty damn extreme for 60+ MPH.

I also built some flat fenders for it over the weekend to make the state trooper that pulled me over for "insufficient fenders" happy. I have the fronts mostly done now I need to work out the details on the backs
sparkymahjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #870
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

finaly got her lifted ( RE 3.5" SF, OME full pack, ect..)

really happy with how it came out.
-driveshaft is at 18*... not sure on the recomended for that if someone could link me to some inco or let me know what i should aim for.
-tc drop for now might get BB and level it out abit and go with a SYE
-needs some tires but... it still drives so it all good.

now its time to pic whore...

-next to my dads JK (stock)

-this is the closest i have to stock photo...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.