What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #841
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XJburton View Post
nice hooligan..thinkin about pickin up a set too
They went in pretty easily, just had to jack the axle around a bit to get them to line up. Though I couldn't get the new ones to match up to the stock ones length, stocks were 15", the shortest I could get the new ones were 15 1/4". Hope it's ok, I'm thinking it should be, if anything it pushes the pinion angle up a little, should help with drive line vibes some.

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #842
jerryjeeper
Old Jeep Guy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Today I finished up the rear spare tire carrier and moved the license plate to the rear bumper. Couple of quick pics. Saw a version of this on the Jeepforum and made a few modifications, built it for around $100 and had a great time doing it.

jerryjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #843
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
Damn Grant, lookin' good !
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
I got the RE Hack 'n' Tap, comes HIGHLY recommended from the guys I wheel with, I'll save you a little trouble and point you here:

http://www.alljeep.com/oscommerce/ad..._description=1

You'll need one unless you go with an RE CV shaft.
yeah, i know 4.5" is really pushing it for just a tcase drop, but i dont wheel it hard or drive it very far so until then, itll be fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucker1 View Post
lookin good aircruiser,cant wait to see it with 33's
me neither..haha. right after i turn 18, i might start working at a tire shop so hopefully i can get some good hook ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNJeep99 View Post
Looks good man! I was bored at work earlier so I was waiting to check it out. You do really need some bigger tires and some wheels with some more backspacing. What was the original quote for the install? I couldn't imagine dropping $1700 for the whole setup. Could you break down costs between what you paid for lift then labor? At that price I would have bought any tool needed and double the beer for my buddies to help.

Edit: And Pizza too.
ill get the receipt but only 1 broke bolt but the leaf spring bolts were like 2 hours in extra labor. you gotta remember too, im living at home with my parents. they will not let me have the garage for over night. when i first took my doors off, it had to sit outside over night because i got home late and was to tired to put them back on. i also live in a neighborhood that is known for punk kids stealing anything they can get their hands on. if they saw my jeep up on jacks, i garuntee they would **** around with it. sucks this world we live in..
Unread 08-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #844
1996BlackXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Technically it was yesterday, but I went wheeling by myself and decided to attempt a four wheeler trail that included a steep muddy hill. I got out there and saw a stock yellow wrangler (TJ? maybe JK not sure) that was attempting it too, but he had some factory tires that weren't offroad tires so he couldn't make it. So I went up and had to use some skinny pedal at the steepest part but I made it alright.

Good times, I think the other dude was jealous that I out wheeled him, but he knew his tires sucked and so did I.
4.5" lift of assorted brands, 33x10.5 KM2s on D-Windows, JCR rear bumper, Nates Slimline w/Champion 8k winch, custom half doors, roof rack, and tire carrier, Maine Woods dents and pin striping, and various other cool things.
www.maine4x4.org Maine Jeep Club Member #1 Firefighter Jeep Club Member Black Jeep Society Member #163Survivalist Jeep Club Member #14
1996BlackXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #845
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
yeah my jeep sits at a perfect height right now. a friend of mine is offering me $400 for my tires but hes got like $10 to his name right now so we will see. gotta drop some cash on some cragars too and pay off my lift.
Which Cragar's are you going with? D-Window's, Soft 8's, V5's?

As far as my XJ, I've spent most of the morning working on fixing rust. I thought it was just some surface stuff, turned out I had three egg sized holes and two small holes in the roof. I preped everything, sprayed it with a rust stopper, and used mesh and bondo to patch them. I was going to weld in patches but got lazy . Now I'm waiting for that to cure. I LOVE Minnesota winters !

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #846
Scottmc01
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
thanks man, yeah after the new wheels, tires and bumper, im getting a hack 'n' tap.
I'm curious as to why you are putting the most important item at the end of your "things to buy" list.
30" Bighorns on V5's
Scottmc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #847
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

today i drove my jeep and got a ticket.. which was stupid cause my friend next to me was driving 5mph faster.. guess its cause of my jeep =[
ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #848
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmc01 View Post
I'm curious as to why you are putting the most important item at the end of your "things to buy" list.
If aircruiser's anything like me and my buddies, it's because you can't see the hack 'n' tap. The tires, wheels and bumper will change the appearance greatly, and really want to get rid of the itch of anticipation, 'cause nothing sucks more than an itch you can't scratch! Am I right aircruiser?

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #849
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

figured out why my oil leaks are so bad

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #850
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
figured out why my oil leaks are so bad
.....and????

I have a leaky renix too you know.
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #851
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88XJSport View Post
.....and????

I have a leaky renix too you know.
haha. well mine leaks from everywhere! and i went to add oil yesterday and when i removed the cap air escaped meaning it was under pressure and that my CCV lines are clogged. pressure in the crankcase will cause leaks from everywhere.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #852
88XJSport
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
haha. well mine leaks from everywhere! and i went to add oil yesterday and when i removed the cap air escaped meaning it was under pressure and that my CCV lines are clogged. pressure in the crankcase will cause leaks from everywhere.
That makes sense...
88XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #853
Scottmc01
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
If aircruiser's anything like me and my buddies, it's because you can't see the hack 'n' tap. The tires, wheels and bumper will change the appearance greatly, and really want to get rid of the itch of anticipation, 'cause nothing sucks more than an itch you can't scratch! Am I right aircruiser?
Oh, thats makes sense.
30" Bighorns on V5's
Scottmc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #854
Disco
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post
Which Cragar's are you going with? D-Window's, Soft 8's, V5's?

As far as my XJ, I've spent most of the morning working on fixing rust. I thought it was just some surface stuff, turned out I had three egg sized holes and two small holes in the roof. I preped everything, sprayed it with a rust stopper, and used mesh and bondo to patch them. I was going to weld in patches but got lazy . Now I'm waiting for that to cure. I LOVE Minnesota winters !
I got one spot on my rocker this seems like a suitable solution for.
Green Jeep Club Member #210
http://cardomain.com/ride/3127026

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDVL45 View Post
We should go PETA on their *** and set it free!!!! We could call it PETJ...People for the Ethical Treatment of Jeeps
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2008, 01:08 PM   #855
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I got one spot on my rocker this seems like a suitable solution for.
Ideally you should weld in new metal, however, if everything is prepped correctly and you don't fill the hole with bondo (use mesh instead) you can get away with it. It's a huge PITA to get smooth and contoured, but if you don't care that it's perfect, it's a cheap and easy fix.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.