What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 08-22-2008, 08:22 AM   #826
oldmanriver
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lookin good aircruiser, congrats man

Going to pull off my sye and re-do it all, it was just barely leaking. Like a drop or so on the flange when I wiped my finger across it after sitting for a night. It's always the details that get ya

'90 xj: Wrecked, waiting for the day it can become a full blown trail rig.

'00 wj SOLD (still in family)
oldmanriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #827
norsky
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Aircruiser, are you alive, where are these new pics?
MN Jeeper #18
norsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #828
KentuckyXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got the surco on last night along with my KC's

31x1150 swamper looks good up on the rack

picked up some 3 inch lift springs so hopefully saturday she will be ready for 33's
1986 SVO mustang turbo 4cyl... stock long block with a few extra pounds of boost 350RWHP 380TRQ new setup and more power coming soon
KentuckyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #829
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Installing the RE super flex UCA's today, and trying not to feed any more ratchets to the frame, almost lost one completely!

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:02 PM   #830
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNJeep99 View Post
Sweet man! You need to get some bigger tires ASAP! LOL Lets see some pics during the day. What was the total cost for the lift and install?
tell me about it, barely fits in my garage with the 30s though..but ill be going to 33s after i get some cragars. total cost...hurts. $1700. extra labor was due to only 1 broken bolt but all 4 of the leaf spring bolts took them a long time because they came half way out and then just started spinning so it took them along time to get out. no regrets though, i love the lift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod_hooligan View Post
Wow aircruiser, you rig is lookin' pretty mean! You get a SYE yet?
thanks man, yeah it was to ***** stock..haha. no sye yet. i get slight vibes but nothing big. the shackles they made for me have one hole higher in them to drop it down a little incase the vibes get to bad. a hack 'n' tap is in the future though

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanriver View Post
Lookin good aircruiser, congrats man

Going to pull off my sye and re-do it all, it was just barely leaking. Like a drop or so on the flange when I wiped my finger across it after sitting for a night. It's always the details that get ya
thanks man, yeah after the new wheels, tires and bumper, im getting a hack 'n' tap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNJeep99 View Post
Aircruiser, are you alive, where are these new pics?
patience..haha

here they are, cleaned her up real good too

Unread 08-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #831
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

looks nice. Come spring hopefully ill be getting 33s with grad money and put some 1.5" spacers up front to make up for the weight of the bumper and a 1" lift shackle for the rear to level it out to around 4.5"
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #832
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah my jeep sits at a perfect height right now. a friend of mine is offering me $400 for my tires but hes got like $10 to his name right now so we will see. gotta drop some cash on some cragars too and pay off my lift.
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #833
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
tell me about it, barely fits in my garage with the 30s though..but ill be going to 33s after i get some cragars. total cost...hurts. $1700. extra labor was due to only 1 broken bolt but all 4 of the leaf spring bolts took them a long time because they came half way out and then just started spinning so it took them along time to get out. no regrets though, i love the lift!

thanks man, yeah it was to ***** stock..haha. no sye yet. i get slight vibes but nothing big. the shackles they made for me have one hole higher in them to drop it down a little incase the vibes get to bad. a hack 'n' tap is in the future though

thanks man, yeah after the new wheels, tires and bumper, im getting a hack 'n' tap.
Damn Grant, lookin' good !

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:48 PM   #834
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Had a new muffler put on by my local shop. Jeep was so loud it rattled your teeth when accelerating. Muffler had a hole you could put a softball in. MUUUUUCH quieter now. This weekend we change oil, trans fluid, and try and figure out how to replace the glass in the hatch.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #835
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I got the RE Hack 'n' Tap, comes HIGHLY recommended from the guys I wheel with, I'll save you a little trouble and point you here:

http://www.alljeep.com/oscommerce/ad..._description=1

You'll need one unless you go with an RE CV shaft.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #836
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got my RE UCA's in.

Here's why I got them:

Here's the new ones:

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:02 PM   #837
_Trucker
'Bigger Member'

1989 XJ Cherokee 

lookin good aircruiser,cant wait to see it with 33's

NAXJA member # 3388
_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #838
norsky
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

patience..haha

here they are, cleaned her up real good too
Looks good man! I was bored at work earlier so I was waiting to check it out. You do really need some bigger tires and some wheels with some more backspacing. What was the original quote for the install? I couldn't imagine dropping $1700 for the whole setup. Could you break down costs between what you paid for lift then labor? At that price I would have bought any tool needed and double the beer for my buddies to help.

Edit: And Pizza too.
MN Jeeper #18
norsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #839
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

nice hooligan..thinkin about pickin up a set too
Unread 08-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #840
Disco
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Pretty big/expensive day today .

Got my uncle to do my brakes and rotors (which on one rotor had 2 dime-sized gouges) and taking it off was shocking, the pads were completely gone. So then I ended up having to replace the left driverside caliper also plus the brake line...

Apparently for some reason the caliper was locked on the driverside for the past like 2 months ive had the jeep, so i was constantly driving with the left brake on, which after it got ruined, stressed my right side even more. But it was weird cuz it made literally no noise until the last 3 days ago..

Haha he's like, you'll probably get better mileage now also seeing that you won't be riding around with the brake permanently on. And it's stunning how much acceleration power the jeep has now, im so surprised...and oh yeah, finally some stopping power!
Green Jeep Club Member #210
http://cardomain.com/ride/3127026

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDVL45 View Post
We should go PETA on their *** and set it free!!!! We could call it PETJ...People for the Ethical Treatment of Jeeps
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.