What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 509 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 09-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #7621
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton View Post
Glad im not alone. I love watching it snow. Its so quiet and peaceful. That probably calm me down from anything. I wish my whole XJ's roof was glass so i could lay in it and watch it snow in the winter haha.

Im so stoked for winter. Drivin up to the mountains in the snow...ahhh so ready for snow.
haha x2 man. People think i'm nuts but i love driving in the snow or bad weather. I love when its the first snow of the season, except for the fact that people forget how to drive. I also like when its fall. Right now theres leaves everywhere on backroads, which is cool until you roll down the window and find some in the back seat.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #7622
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
haha x2 man. People think i'm nuts but i love driving in the snow or bad weather. I love when its the first snow of the season, except for the fact that people forget how to drive. I also like when its fall. Right now theres leaves everywhere on backroads, which is cool until you roll down the window and find some in the back seat.
x2 fall is deff the best

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #7623
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

First time I ever took my Jeep out in the snow was when we got about a foot back in (I think february? this year), there was still about 2-3 inches or ice/snow/slush mix on the road, well I was coming to the light and it suddenly turned yellow. I wasn't speeding and going pretty cautiously and would've had it fine except I underestimated the roads. Someone was in the turning lane on the opposing side and I knew he saw that the light changed to yellow, so when I hit my brakes I started sliding so I was like alright, let me just try to make this a right turn because I didn't know if he was going to assume I was stopping and think it was alright to go since the light turned yellow and end up me sliding straight into him. So I start the right turn and just end up spinning 180 degrees at like 20-25.

Startled me and put me straight into the curb so I just backed it off the curb and then fixed my turn and went on with my day lol.

I was only in 2wd though too.

Probably would've been safe on the driveline to be in 4wd in that.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:50 PM   #7624
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
First time I ever took my Jeep out in the snow was when we got about a foot back in (I think february? this year), there was still about 2-3 inches or ice/snow/slush mix on the road, well I was coming to the light and it suddenly turned yellow. I wasn't speeding and going pretty cautiously and would've had it fine except I underestimated the roads. Someone was in the turning lane on the opposing side and I knew he saw that the light changed to yellow, so when I hit my brakes I started sliding so I was like alright, let me just try to make this a right turn because I didn't know if he was going to assume I was stopping and think it was alright to go since the light turned yellow and end up me sliding straight into him. So I start the right turn and just end up spinning 180 degrees at like 20-25.

Startled me and put me straight into the curb so I just backed it off the curb and then fixed my turn and went on with my day lol.

when there is snow on the ground i go in and out of 4x4 like its my job lol ive thrown it in 4x4 in the same sit as u... i just let of the gas and pulled the lever and got back on it lol

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #7625
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

4x4 in the snow wont make you invincible, but it sure is one helluva tool to use. Its amazing the control you can get on slick roads. Wont help you stop though, so yeah 4x4 wouldnt have helped there.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #7626
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post

Reminds me of why I know bridges freeze before the roads, lol. I was getting off the highway, and it had been snowing but not sticking really except to some grass. All the roads were just wet. SO the off ramp dumped onto an overpass. I was going straight at about 30mph, and then I was not going straight, just kinda started spinning, went about 220 degrees. I tried turning the wheel and stuff, but it just slowly spun no matter what, so I hit the brakes.. I finished in the middle lane (3 lanes each way). Luckily no no one was around so I just turned around and was no my way, lol. It was a freaky feeling, but I blame it on the bald old *** tires.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #7627
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Snow is rough.

I almost rear ended my own dad in yosemite. He was in the new liberty we had, I was at least 20 feet behind, but i was distracted, and he stopped. Brakes locked, and I got within about 2 feet of him. Scared me... very badly.

<<<<Back on topic>>>>
Rotated my tires today, cleaned the brakes, and realized they really need to be replaced.

I also noticed that the RE steel brake hoses up front have a few cracks in the plastic casing.

How bad is this??
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #7628
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

My rear one did the same thing about a year ago. Its still fine.
ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #7629
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

some pics of gilbert courtesy of my girlfriends friend. she rode shot gun and took pics

short video

YouTube - Iron Range Gilbert, MN 09
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #7630
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

hey man nice pictures..

my baby set at home while i cruised in the TJ

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #7631
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTexasXJ View Post
hey man nice pictures..

my baby set at home while i cruised in the TJ
Are you keeping both now or what?
Unread 09-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #7632
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

naw TJ isnt mine yet but I can kinda drive it when ever but mines still forsale.

also I forgot. haha I cut my tail pipe and put a turndown now I cant hear the 200 bucks I spent on exhaust and it doesnt sound like a ****in moped.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #7633
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks yup clean up day tomorrow..fun..
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #7634
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
thanks yup clean up day tomorrow..fun..
dude you know whats fun about cleaning your baby?

gettin her allll dirty again next weekend

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Unread 09-29-2009, 09:54 AM   #7635
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

hah well, this is iron ore mud which is i guess vverrry hard to get off, so we will see how it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.