Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#10,141 ·
I told her what I'm getting her for xmas!
=D she's been a good girl.

I'm thinking
super 40 flowmaster
and some husky liners
I love the super 40 I have on my 2000. :thumbsup:

#10,142 ·
Thought about painting some stuff on it. Drag link Tie Rod, diff covers, drums and calipers...
Just need to debate the colors.. and figure out what paints to get. I have some rustoleum."Safety Red" Industrial stuff (in the big *** spray can, I used it for an axe head) and some blue regular rustoleum... Thinking red diff covers.. maybe blue Draglink and Tie rod.. not sure though. Need some high heat caliper paint too.

There is grease all over all that **** too. Engine degreaser, water.. then sandpaper to scuff, and acetone to clean???

And my chrip seems to be fixed by the new belt! yay.. now I have a spare too (the old one).

#10,144 ·
Got a winch for my BDay / Christmas from my uncle (He is awesome!!!).

Went the the metal yard and got stuff to make sliders and some 1/4 plate to make a winch mount on bumper.

Got one slider 3/4 done. Tomorrow i need to finish sliders and winch mount, make a air tank bracket for viair 2.5 gal tank i am picking up tomorrow.

Then sat off roading.

#10,146 ·
Got a winch for my BDay / Christmas from my uncle (He is awesome!!!).

Went the the metal yard and got stuff to make sliders and some 1/4 plate to make a winch mount on bumper.

Got one slider 3/4 done. Tomorrow i need to finish sliders and winch mount, make a air tank bracket for viair 2.5 gal tank i am picking up tomorrow.

Then sat off roading.
damn dude. cant wait to see.

wanna make me sliders

#10,149 ·
#10,150 ·
i got it muddy:laugh: did a little night wheeling under the powerlines near my town:shhh: and after the 4+ hours of heavy rain last night it was pretty muddy it was AWESOME!!!:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

#10,157 ·
Painted the front diff cover red.

with:

It was like 33* so I (lightly) used a propane torch in between the coats.. or it would have taken all day to paint. And I cleaned the overspray off with acetone so it doesn't look stupid like the picture. (i had masked right next to it with tape, but the tape dosent' stick well to the tube (dirty tube, ****ty masking tape) so I didn't put more on)

Looks awesome (much better in person), Ill do the back sometime too... probably if I take it off to change the fluid.. Do it then, it would be much easier.

#10,159 ·
thats what I painted mine with!

stands out soooo much!
Cool. I think it looks good, and I want to paint the steering components, and trackbar, But I would get overspray everywhere, and its winter now (sorta.. its taking its merry time, and I guess its not technically winter till december 21; but i view it as mid November through February)So I probably wont do those unless I need to take them off.. I think it would look so good. Maybe rustoleums metallic blue to kinda match the xj's color.

I also want to paint the drums and calipers, but I need some high heat paint for that.

ah all my dreams... i have jeep fever, only medicine is more jeep!