What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 508 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #7606
OldYellowXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yesterday I bent the transmission crossmember :/

OldYellowXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #7607
p2y2r7o
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I've been driving for two days now and the check engine light has not come on, so the mystery remains: What is wrong with my Jeep?? The light will come back on soon enough, and the codes will say the camshaft sensor is bad and it's already been replaced. :/
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #7608
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2y2r7o View Post
I've been driving for two days now and the check engine light has not come on, so the mystery remains: What is wrong with my Jeep?? The light will come back on soon enough, and the codes will say the camshaft sensor is bad and it's already been replaced. :/
haha, ohh. I have the bad TCM and NSS code. It came on and I freaked...then cleaned the NSS after some research, reset, everything worked fine, light came back on and acted funny for the remaining 30 second drive, light was off upon next start up and hasn't come back on since, but codes are still there when I do the key trick. But everything works fine and shifts smooth. Darn jeeps.
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #7609
Chris_XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I went to the junkyard and.....Be prepared to be completely jealous.

I got the factory front tow hooks plus brackets.
I got two brackets for the front for shackles.
I got the factory rear tow hook plus bracket.
I got the driver side nut strip for the back. Don't need the passenger as the 2 gen of XJ came with it.
I got another front factory side plates that I am going to sell for $50 locally only.

All of this for $40 out the door.

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 5 speed, 4x4, 149k miles, all skids, tire carrier, cargo cover, factory radio/speakers, 10k miles on following items; rebuilt motor, new tranny, rebuilt rear diff, complete exhaust system, complete brake system, radiator, 30" tires, suspension. No dents or scratches in the paint. ONE OWNER UNTIL NOW.
Chris_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #7610
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan View Post
I went to the junkyard and.....Be prepared to be completely jealous.

I got the factory front tow hooks plus brackets.
I got two brackets for the front for shackles.
I got the factory rear tow hook plus bracket.
I got the driver side nut strip for the back. Don't need the passenger as the 2 gen of XJ came with it.
I got another front factory side plates that I am going to sell for $50 locally only.

All of this for $40 out the door.

omg u suck lol sorry

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:56 PM   #7611
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

just drove her to work and back
Unread 09-28-2009, 07:22 PM   #7612
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Filled it up, computer says I got 13 mpg. I put in an extra 3 gallons after it clicked off the first time.
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #7613
RoyalXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

alloy front axles, inner seals, alloy outer seals, riddler diff covers
Unread 09-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #7614
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just drove to work and home. The weather is stormy finally. I know, im weird, but i love when its windy and rainy.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #7615
Chris_XJ
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldYellowXJ View Post
Yesterday I bent the transmission crossmember :/
I did that on my other Jeep, drove it with it bent for 7 months before I sold the Jeep like it to, it's not fun when you're going down a rocky trail here in Colorado at stock height you tend to catch a lot of rocks.
1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 5 speed, 4x4, 149k miles, all skids, tire carrier, cargo cover, factory radio/speakers, 10k miles on following items; rebuilt motor, new tranny, rebuilt rear diff, complete exhaust system, complete brake system, radiator, 30" tires, suspension. No dents or scratches in the paint. ONE OWNER UNTIL NOW.
Chris_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #7616
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton View Post
Just drove to work and home. The weather is stormy finally. I know, im weird, but i love when its windy and rainy.
You are not alone! I love the rain (and all other forms of precipitation) in addition to storms and stuff. It's very tranquil, if you know what I mean. Peaceful and soothing, despite the harshness of some of it. I like to sit in the rain, if I have nothing else to do, and just watch it rain. Same with snow, don't normally do it in hail though, that hurts too much, lol.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #7617
OldYellowXJ
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan View Post
I did that on my other Jeep, drove it with it bent for 7 months before I sold the Jeep like it to, it's not fun when you're going down a rocky trail here in Colorado at stock height you tend to catch a lot of rocks.

I just happened to do it while running the rock course at the Jeep Rally in CT yesterday.

I need to straighten it out, the popping of that front drive shafts upper u-joint against my floorboard when I let off the clutch is driving me nuts!
OldYellowXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:05 PM   #7618
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
You are not alone! I love the rain (and all other forms of precipitation) in addition to storms and stuff. It's very tranquil, if you know what I mean. Peaceful and soothing, despite the harshness of some of it. I like to sit in the rain, if I have nothing else to do, and just watch it rain. Same with snow, don't normally do it in hail though, that hurts too much, lol.
i could watch it snow for hours... esp. at night when u only c the snow from the lights. ahh i cnt wait for winter

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #7619
keaton
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
i could watch it snow for hours... esp. at night when u only c the snow from the lights. ahh i cnt wait for winter
Glad im not alone. I love watching it snow. Its so quiet and peaceful. That probably calm me down from anything. I wish my whole XJ's roof was glass so i could lay in it and watch it snow in the winter haha.

Im so stoked for winter. Drivin up to the mountains in the snow...ahhh so ready for snow.
keaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #7620
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaton View Post
Glad im not alone. I love watching it snow. Its so quiet and peaceful. That probably calm me down from anything. I wish my whole XJ's roof was glass so i could lay in it and watch it snow in the winter haha.

Im so stoked for winter. Drivin up to the mountains in the snow...ahhh so ready for snow.
Oh god I wish I lived somewhere where it snowed more!! Man your making me all teary eyed.. I have to savor it all the 2, maybe 3 times it snows here. I live the whole year for those very few days there is snow. Really.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.