What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 502 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Reply
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #7516
Spokes
Mall Crawler
 
Spokes's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 6,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
did some urban wheeling, between the rain and the horrible roads here it was fun... but my shocks were crying even though they are pretty new

-matt
why were ur shocks crying?

__________________

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #7517
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things
 
AustinTexasXJ's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Austin/San Marcos, TX
Posts: 5,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
Spent alot of time driving around trying to find parking spots on campus, ended up getting towed after parking in a construction zone that wasnt marked off. luckily the construction company paid for the tow because they admit they did not properly mark the area off.
well thats good.


glad you didnt get ****ed over.
__________________
Benjamin
>My POS JKU<
>ATXJ's $800 Dollar seXJ Build<

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:44 PM   #7518
XJMuscle98
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Glouco, NJ
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Not XJ related, but I soloed a plane for the first time today!
Nice man, I remember that feeling when he just suddenly gets out of the plane and is like okay, now go do some take offs and landings.

Hopefully, my first cross country will be on friday, and then getting my examination the following week, and then off to boot camp a few days after.

I'm still driving around with no sway bars, honestly can't feel any different, although some curves that have ****ty roads that make you bounce around alot seem to be intensified.

She's getting parked outside tonight. I hate to see her out there so vulnerable to the elements after being parked in the garage for a few days.

I also need to figure out why my bumper lights suddenly stopped working.

They're like on and off, like today, I tried them and they went on, but only 3 out of 4. And then took it for a drive and none of them came on.

Weird.
__________________
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L AW4/NP231 211k+

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #7519
Kettles
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Nice man, I remember that feeling when he just suddenly gets out of the plane and is like okay, now go do some take offs and landings.

Hopefully, my first cross country will be on friday, and then getting my examination the following week, and then off to boot camp a few days after.

I'm still driving around with no sway bars, honestly can't feel any different, although some curves that have ****ty roads that make you bounce around alot seem to be intensified.

She's getting parked outside tonight. I hate to see her out there so vulnerable to the elements after being parked in the garage for a few days.

I also need to figure out why my bumper lights suddenly stopped working.

They're like on and off, like today, I tried them and they went on, but only 3 out of 4. And then took it for a drive and none of them came on.

Weird.
You are just plagued with recent electrical failures aren't you? You have a finicky fan relay now too.

I didn't do any xj stuff today other than drive it. But I got some 1/8" flat steel and ran some practice beads on it. I thought they looked beautiful, given the welder. And I also bought a 60 grit flap disc and another composite grinding disc, and tested them. Flap disc was sweet, never had one before, and the new grinding disc just eats the metal. Took the welds completely off in about 5 seconds. I was impressed.
__________________
_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #7520
tock172
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Diego//Prescott, AZ
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Nice man, I remember that feeling when he just suddenly gets out of the plane and is like okay, now go do some take offs and landings.

Hopefully, my first cross country will be on friday, and then getting my examination the following week, and then off to boot camp a few days after.

I'm still driving around with no sway bars, honestly can't feel any different, although some curves that have ****ty roads that make you bounce around alot seem to be intensified.

She's getting parked outside tonight. I hate to see her out there so vulnerable to the elements after being parked in the garage for a few days.

I also need to figure out why my bumper lights suddenly stopped working.

They're like on and off, like today, I tried them and they went on, but only 3 out of 4. And then took it for a drive and none of them came on.

Weird.
Wow cool, had no idea you were a pilot! Good stuff!

If you're just now doing now xcountries, how long ago was your solo? Of do you mean solo cross country? That's awesome man, good luck! You do know I wok at King Schools right?
__________________
'99 Techno Violet M3 | '05 Audi S4 quattro 6MT | '04 BMW 330i | '86 BMW 535i | '96 Jeep Cherokee
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:19 PM   #7521
Kevin108
Web Wheeler
 
Kevin108's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 3,835
I used it haul myself, my girlfriend and a couple friends a few miles away for custard!
__________________
My build thread has pics again. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/kevin108s-2000-xj-build-867428/
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #7522
Kettles
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 4,177
For some reason the idea of a 17yr old and a 19yr old flying around solo makes me want to stay away from bowman field (our small airport/strip)... And

I think we had 3 planes (that I heard about) crash last summer either on takeoff or landing... poor houses.
__________________
_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:21 PM   #7523
Kevin108
Web Wheeler
 
Kevin108's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 3,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
I didn't do any xj stuff today other than drive it. But I got some 1/8" flat steel and ran some practice beads on it. I thought they looked beautiful, given the welder. And I also bought a 60 grit flap disc and another composite grinding disc, and tested them. Flap disc was sweet, never had one before, and the new grinding disc just eats the metal. Took the welds completely off in about 5 seconds. I was impressed.
I'm scared to really learn to weld. I would sell my soul for some good 2" square stock.
__________________
My build thread has pics again. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/kevin108s-2000-xj-build-867428/
Kevin108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #7524
mattathayde
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin108 View Post
I'm scared to really learn to weld. I would sell my soul for some good 2" square stock.
why, welding is easy... granted i suck at it but the "class" we have is all of 5 weeks, 2 hours a week and we get to do like 2 or 3 6" welds each with no real instruction before hand. stick welding sucks, mig is pretty easy though, biggest thing is that you need an auto dimming helmet cause trying to line up then drop your shield and not moving your hand is a pita. you can honestly teach your self mig as long as you have a chart to tell you what to set it at (which is printed on our mig welders here at school from the manufacturer)

-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:32 PM   #7525
mattathayde
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
why were ur shocks crying?
the roads are so rough, gravel roads are honestly 10 times smoother, down in some parts of the city there are sections of cobble stone roads and they have gotten rather uneven

-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #7526
Kettles
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
why, welding is easy... granted i suck at it but the "class" we have is all of 5 weeks, 2 hours a week and we get to do like 2 or 3 6" welds each with no real instruction before hand. stick welding sucks, mig is pretty easy though, biggest thing is that you need an auto dimming helmet cause trying to line up then drop your shield and not moving your hand is a pita. you can honestly teach your self mig as long as you have a chart to tell you what to set it at (which is printed on our mig welders here at school from the manufacturer)

-matt
I wish I had an auto darkening helmet.. I kinda have to line it up, pull the mask down, strike an arc, correct for movement, and then go 2 handed..

And I am all self taught. Bought a cheap *** stick welder at first.. that was a mistake, what a pain in the ***. Now I have the HF 90amp flux core wire feed welder, 10X easier to use, and has a really good duty cycle for the price (25% @90A, 45% at 60, for $105 (on sale))
I say if you want to learn go ahead, just don't be an idiot and kill yourself or burn your house/garage down. You can probably find a class in your area, at like a community college or something if you want to.
__________________
_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #7527
mattathayde
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
I wish I had an auto darkening helmet.. I kinda have to line it up, pull the mask down, strike an arc, correct for movement, and then go 2 handed..

And I am all self taught. Bought a cheap *** stick welder at first.. that was a mistake, what a pain in the ***. Now I have the HF 90amp flux core wire feed welder, 10X easier to use, and has a really good duty cycle for the price (25% @90A, 45% at 60, for $105 (on sale))
I say if you want to learn go ahead, just don't be an idiot and kill yourself or burn your house/garage down. You can probably find a class in your area, at like a community college or something if you want to.
ya so do i but i wont be welding enough in school to justify it, once i build a glass shop and need to weld a crap load of stuff together i will drop the 100 bucks for a good auto darkener, but at that point i can also justify a really nice mig welder since i will save so much compared to paying some one to do it

-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #7528
Kettles
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
ya so do i but i wont be welding enough in school to justify it, once i build a glass shop and need to weld a crap load of stuff together i will drop the 100 bucks for a good auto darkener, but at that point i can also justify a really nice mig welder since i will save so much compared to paying some one to do it

-matt
Glass shop? Build a glass shop? Like start a business, or are you building someone else's? I am confused.
Yeah If I ever had the money lying around I would get one.. but 100 bucks takes me a while to get with no job, so It gets saved for jeep stuff... or more recently for another jeep. Just need another 2-300 and I should beable to get something!
If your starting a business and want help from a random guy you met on the internet.. I have been looking to get out of here..
__________________
_=====o000o
//__l_l_,\____\,____
l_--\_l__l_/--|lllll|
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:02 PM   #7529
YJSXJ
Registered User
1993 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ, NJ
Posts: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
hmmm thats ok lol i just made an offer to a guy on CL he was asking 350 for 4 rubi wheels.. i said ill be there tomorrow with 250 cash so we shall c if i can steal em for that low. fingers crossed
Did you get those wheels???? you're talking about the guy in clinton, right???
__________________
looking for 33x12.5x18 tires.

Bruiser -- 93 XJ Sport. 9.5" lift on 35"" Claws, Locked front & Rear, and some other crap. Rolled it
Cruiser -- 1998 XJ Classic. 3" RC lift. 32" Kuhmo Ventures. Sold it
1999 WJ Limited V8. 4" Mix-n-Match Lift. Nothing special.
YJSXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2009, 11:03 PM   #7530
mattathayde
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettles View Post
Glass shop? Build a glass shop? Like start a business, or are you building someone else's? I am confused.
Yeah If I ever had the money lying around I would get one.. but 100 bucks takes me a while to get with no job, so It gets saved for jeep stuff... or more recently for another jeep. Just need another 2-300 and I should beable to get something!
If your starting a business and want help from a random guy you met on the internet.. I have been looking to get out of here..
ya like a glass blowing studio (going to school for glass and metal working now), i want to build a studio for my self... just need to get the cash. i have some friends that have gotten the 50 buck harbor freight auto dimmer with good results.

louisville aint that bad, my brother in law was a jockey and him and my sis still have a house there they rent to friends and then stay there when he goes out for the racing season, you just need to find a job in the horse business

-matt
mattathayde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.