What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 493 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #7381
abnormal
Platinum Member

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compcrasher86 View Post
yes... but I don't think I can afford it right now haha

(
I dont know! If you really wanted it I am letting it go cheap!

Unread 09-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #7382
XJ98beast
1994 ZJ 

went throw my buddies property 32 acres he let me make some trails i did and one huge *** mud bog
got it muddy
cleaned the interior a lil :/
got over head speaker bar in the from
Stinger. on its way to being done!!
pic of stinger will come up eventually
3rd Jeep (CLIFFORD): 94 ZJ, 5.2L, 4.5" Rustys, 33x12.50, Red. FUTURE MODS: Sun visor, stinger, some good lookin flares, 4:88 Gears
XJ98beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #7383
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well it sounds like I need new wheel bearings.

Is that something serious that needs to be replaced?

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

My goal is to have 20 lights around my XJ.

Currently: 10
XJMuscle98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #7384
justanotherjpr
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
Got a few parts off of a junk xj a friend got for the motor. I got the auto trans, xfercase, front driveshaft, cross member, all the fuel injectors from the bad motor, calipers and several small items, all for free. The axle was an 8.25 and the d30 was damaged in the roll so I didnt bother with those. I am going to use the cross member to fab up a belly pan/skid and use the front driveshaft as a spare until I use it later when I do a sye. Anybody need an aw4?
What year XJ and what transfer case?
justanotherjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #7385
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Well it sounds like I need new wheel bearings.

Is that something serious that needs to be replaced?
put it on the top of the list.

Im getting worried about mine, one in the front started howling softly about 2 months ago. Im just trying to get money and time to replace them.

Fronts you will need a whole new hub. Autozone has Timkin ones for 150 that people here recommend.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #7386
corndogduff

Before you go buyin wheel bearings, what sounds are you hearing? I thought I needed new bearings but it turned out it was my tires rubbin the LCA
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #7387
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

consistent screeching when the wheel goes around. it's as if it hits a certain point and screeches. sounds like it's coming from both sides of the front axle. Most noticeable at slow speeds and turns. and brakes are good.

"Approximately 80 percent of our air pollution stems from hydrocarbons released by vegetation, so let's not go overboard in setting and enforcing tough emission standards from man-made sources."
Ronald Reagan

Unread 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #7388
corndogduff

Yep, same issue I had on my TJ, wheel bearings are startin to go...
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #7389
compcrasher86
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyNormal View Post
I dont know! If you really wanted it I am letting it go cheap!
Ah I'll stick with mine for the time being, seeing as theres no slipping yet, just some pretty noticeable rough shifts. I want to change the fluid and hope all will be fixed, but its got 140k miles on the tranny and I have no way of telling if the fluids ever been done before. It is brown right now, which scares me

SOLD 01 WJ Ltd | i6 | QT2 | Moog HD steering | Tow Package | Boston Acoustics Audio | RB1 | Lou's Catback | Stone White |

Matt
compcrasher86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #7390
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Damn, that's not too reassuring.

Is it something that needs to be addressed asap? Or can it go for a few more weeks?

Ronald Reagan

Unread 09-22-2009, 05:44 PM   #7391
corndogduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJMuscle98 View Post
Damn, that's not too reassuring.

Is it something that needs to be addressed asap? Or can it go for a few more weeks?
It can last ya for a few more weeks, squeaking aint that bad, grinding's what you gotta worry about
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:45 PM   #7392
XJMuscle98
1998 XJ Cherokee 

eh, I'll worry about them after boot camp then..

maybe just do a d44 front swap instead

Ronald Reagan

Unread 09-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #7393
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I remember bein in XJMuscle98's situation a year or so ago...wanted to change just the bearings turned out had to purchase an entire hub assembly, they wouldn't sell me the bearing individually since its pressed together. Things may have changed through years, i'm sure they have to be honest but thats my experience i was too thrilled about..

And for today's work on the XJ, got home looked at her, went inside and ate. Now sitin here thinkin of pullin the plastics and fusion rattle can painting my plastics in(done the console/dash recently)

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:52 PM   #7394
corndogduff

I also found out today that I need a new catalytic converter to pass safety inspection, damn PO and all his ghetto rigged crap
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #7395
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuffers View Post
I also found out today that I need a new catalytic converter to pass safety inspection, damn PO and all his ghetto rigged crap
I'll take the old one for visual aid

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.