What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 08-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #721
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Changed the differential fluid in my jeep today. O and I fixed my front passenger shock. You guys would not beleive what I had to do to get it on there. Let's just say I did my first weld today .

30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 04:42 AM   #722
JIP
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just fill up the gas and check the usual list before mud bath tomorrow...
JIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #723
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
MBJR9 - thanks dude, any new progress on yours? after my bank account recovers from the lift, a new front bumper is in order.
Not really. I've been gone for a month and don't get home until later this afternoon. Hopefully no delays at the airport.

I've been thinking and planning some stuff for it. I definitely need new rear leafs BAD! I'm bebating whether to do a BB while I'm at it. Then, when the current Firestones wear out, it will get new wheels and tires. Probably the JF special - Soft 8's and 235/75/15 or 30" BFG AT's, depending upon whether I do a BB or not. Besides that, I'll probably get some front tow hooks, some Silverstars, and possibly a LOCKER !

As far as the locker goes, I keep going back and forth between the Powertrax No-Slip, Detroit Trutrac, or a factory Trac-Lok. I might not even do one at all. I guess it kinda depends on whether I keep driving the Ram daily or if I start driving the Jeep again. Either way, one of them is getting locked .

I also have to do a little body work and rust repair before winter comes, and possibly through in a new radiator.

I've got a pretty fat pay check coming back with me so, no progress YET, but hopefully some in the very near future .

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 08:07 AM   #724
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Got my 'Source' CO2 tank yesterday, but all the refill places had closed before I got off work. I also tried mounting it in the spare tire location, but I had to go get new hardware, then help my buddy work on his XJ and it got too late. We gutted the cat in his because it was rattling like hell and we're heading to the Outer Banks on sunday. I'm trying to do a few more things on mine before we leave, but I'm cutting it close. I'll update on my progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJR9 View Post

I've been thinking and planning some stuff for it. I definitely need new rear leafs BAD! I'm bebating whether to do a BB while I'm at it. Then, when the current Firestones wear out, it will get new wheels and tires. Probably the JF special - Soft 8's and 235/75/15 or 30" BFG AT's, depending upon whether I do a BB or not. Besides that, I'll probably get some front tow hooks, some Silverstars, and possibly a LOCKER !

As far as the locker goes, I keep going back and forth between the Powertrax No-Slip, Detroit Trutrac, or a factory Trac-Lok. I might not even do one at all. I guess it kinda depends on whether I keep driving the Ram daily or if I start driving the Jeep again. Either way, one of them is getting locked .
Just a word to the wise, research XJ headlights before you get silverstars. My buddy spent $80 on his sealed beam silverstar headlights only to realize that my $40 ebay Autopal E-code H4 conversion lights were much brighter than his. Search for Autopal or IPF housings for H4 conversions and maybe even upgrading the harness.

If you are buying new leafs, check out quadratec for their HD stock leafs, which will give you a bit of lift without any BB parts in the rear. Just a bit cheaper in the long run.
Unread 08-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #725
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Went to Autozone and bought some rubberized undercoating. Will put it on tomorrow so I don't have to worry about it once school starts.

Damn salty Maine roads
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 03:08 PM   #726
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Not really. I've been gone for a month and don't get home until later this afternoon. Hopefully no delays at the airport.

I also have to do a little body work and rust repair before winter comes, and possibly through in a new radiator.

I've got a pretty fat pay check coming back with me so, no progress YET, but hopefully some in the very near future .

well, how much would you pay for some 30" M/Ts with about 3,000 miles on em? i dunno, i kind of want to re-gear the same time i get the 33s though..
Unread 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #727
MBJR9
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well, that was the 2nd worst 3hr flight of my life. Almost had to grab the puke bag. Plus the rookie co-pilot landed the plane . Any who...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Got my 'Source' CO2 tank yesterday, but all the refill places had closed before I got off work. I also tried mounting it in the spare tire location, but I had to go get new hardware, then help my buddy work on his XJ and it got too late. We gutted the cat in his because it was rattling like hell and we're heading to the Outer Banks on sunday. I'm trying to do a few more things on mine before we leave, but I'm cutting it close. I'll update on my progress.

Just a word to the wise, research XJ headlights before you get silverstars. My buddy spent $80 on his sealed beam silverstar headlights only to realize that my $40 ebay Autopal E-code H4 conversion lights were much brighter than his. Search for Autopal or IPF housings for H4 conversions and maybe even upgrading the harness.

If you are buying new leafs, check out quadratec for their HD stock leafs, which will give you a bit of lift without any BB parts in the rear. Just a bit cheaper in the long run.
Thanks, I'll check out the headlights. Here the Sivlerstars are only $20 each so, it might be worth it. The bulbs in my Ram have lasted a while.

Could you give me the Quadratec part number for the BB springs, and for the stock height springs? Seems like there were 4 listed on their site last time I checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
well, how much would you pay for some 30" M/Ts with about 3,000 miles on em? i dunno, i kind of want to re-gear the same time i get the 33s though..
I'd really rather run an AT tread. I'm still trying to keep the mileage halfway decent, since my XJ is the economy car . Thanks for the offer though. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

The Daily Driver
2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi V8, 545RFE 5 Speed Auto, NP241, Chrysler 8.0/Chrysler 9.25, 10mpg
MBJR9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #728
1990JEEPXJ
Web Wheeler

1990 XJ Cherokee 

got my new muffler installed along with a tailpipe . and discovered my passenger LCA is bent

pics

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.

Last edited by 1990JEEPXJ; 08-15-2008 at 08:30 PM..
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #729
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Finished installing my CO2 OBA tank. I bought "the source" kit from redrock4x4.com and got great service and support from Jason there. It was quite the PITA, but I finally got it in to where I like it. Hope my Rigidco comes tomorrow
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #730
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I'd really rather run an AT tread. I'm still trying to keep the mileage halfway decent, since my XJ is the economy car . Thanks for the offer though. I'll let you know if I change my mind.
sounds good man. i hear ya though. i love the current tires and offroad, they are beasts! but every time they spin on the pavement, i always think, "damn"

as for what i got done, just tightened down the unibody tie-ins on the rear bumper and got rid of some rust on it where i missed when painting and herc'ing.
Unread 08-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #731
BorderC
1991 XJ Cherokee 

All I did today was use some Sea Foam in it. Tomorrow I do wiring! The Sea Foam was cool though and worked great!
Unread 08-15-2008, 11:51 PM   #732
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Fixed my front left speaker.
The green wire was completely cut.

Soldered it all back up, and re taped the hell out of everything.

Also trimmed my end caps a bit. Looks a lot better.

Hollister Tomorrow! Woot.
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #733
mindless
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Worked on my 8.8 install. Using UBE which i have mocked up but not started welding yet. Installed my sye. And put new tires on my car lol.

On the list of things to do on the jeep.
Locker in 8.8
Rear Drive shaft
Gear and lock d30
Drop brackets for Front control arms
Make sliders got some square tubing should be fun.

96 2 door xj 30/8.8 4.88s locked on 35s... lots of body mods from trees
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #734
Carlson99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Didnt touch my jeep today (rare) i think she might be jelous of my new toy...

88 samurai:

lift is going on next weekend, been really buisy lately
Unread 08-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #735
littleblackXj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Fixed my front left speaker.
The green wire was completely cut.

Soldered it all back up, and re taped the hell out of everything.

Also trimmed my end caps a bit. Looks a lot better.

Hollister Tomorrow! Woot.
Awww, you should have let me known you where going earlier. I would gone up there with you guys.

I put the doors back on my jeep. Freezing my *** off when driving at night just isn't fun.
30/44 4.88s Disks all around
Rear Detroit/Open front
littleblackXj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.