What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #691
PorkPile
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Washed and vaccumed. Replaced original shocks and front swaybar links (@375XXX km).

PorkPile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 01:51 AM   #692
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJohnnyC View Post
Saturday, I'm putting on some 97+ XJ doors with power locks and windows.
could you do a write up of that door swap? i hate my vent windows and want one piece windows like on the 97+.

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 06:27 AM   #693
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Are we gonna give that a workout next weekend?
Haha you know it

Is the Waggy going to stay a pavement pounder? Must have missed posts regarding that. I saw something about how it's wicked rusty
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #694
mecompco
www.midcoastjeep.com

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pointOH1998 View Post
Haha you know it

Is the Waggy going to stay a pavement pounder? Must have missed posts regarding that. I saw something about how it's wicked rusty
Yup, it's going to be the wife's DD. It was advertised as "little to no rust". I suppose the 4"x8" hole in the cargo area is the "little" rust and the other small spots are the "no" rust. Anyway, nothing that can't be repaired w/o too much work.

I am shopping for some new (or slightly used) stock springs and shocks--the leafs are starting to invert and the shocks are pretty much gone.

I'll post some pics--actually not bad looking for an 18 y/o, $800.00 vehicle.
Suspension: Old Man Emu 3" lift+OME AAL, JKS adjustable trackbar, QDs, LCAs UCAs, A.C.O.S., DPG Offroad adjustable bumpstop plate, Daystar poly bumpstops.
Steering: Currie HD steering, C-ROK steering box reinforcement, OME stabilizer.
Armor/Recovery: T&T Custom belly skid, Mopar gas tank skid, JKS LCA mini skids, Rock Lizard Super Skink Sliders, Mopar 2" receiver, ARB Bull Bar/Ramsey REP 8.5 winch.
Drive train: D30 front axle w/Superior Chromo D30 axles & outter seals, D/S 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, Ruff Stuff cover. Ford 8.8 rear axle w/Superior Super 88 kit, Ford Motor Sports 4.56 R&P, ARB locker, SOLID cover, Russell stainless lines. Front and rear Tom Woods HD drive shafts, 242 x-fer case w/Tom Woods SYE.
Tires/Wheels: 33x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains on Alcoas.
Misc: Garvin Wilderness rack, Safari Snorkel, Redline Tuning hood lifts.
Awaiting installation: Autometer A pillar gauge pod, oil, water, & tranny temp guages, PIAA driving lights, Goferit tie-rod flip bushing, '95 Brake booster and M/C, M.O.R.E. Motor mounts, TnT Custom 1.5" Shackle.
Stroker Project: HO Block, '99 intake manifold, bored TB, 1" TB spacer, Dynomax Blackjack Header, Permacool electric fan.
mecompco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #695
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecompco View Post
Yup, it's going to be the wife's DD. It was advertised as "little to no rust". I suppose the 4"x8" hole in the cargo area is the "little" rust and the other small spots are the "no" rust. Anyway, nothing that can't be repaired w/o too much work.

I am shopping for some new (or slightly used) stock springs and shocks--the leafs are starting to invert and the shocks are pretty much gone.

I'll post some pics--actually not bad looking for an 18 y/o, $800.00 vehicle.
Well that's good to hear. Too bad it was advertised by a moron with the wrong year, rust, headliner, etc... Sounds like it found a good home though.

Hope you can get it fixed up without too much trouble. I'll keep my eyes open for a white waggy in the Waterville/Fairfield area in the coming months
Unread 08-14-2008, 09:01 AM   #696
Disco
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Tossed on the 14" shorty antenna.
Green Jeep Club Member #210
http://cardomain.com/ride/3127026

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDVL45 View Post
We should go PETA on their *** and set it free!!!! We could call it PETJ...People for the Ethical Treatment of Jeeps
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 10:23 AM   #697
XJohnnyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
could you do a write up of that door swap? i hate my vent windows and want one piece windows like on the 97+.
Pete T. from JP Magazine is helping me with the install and wiring. Actually, I got the doors from him too. I'm not sure if he's going to document things as we go. If so, a write-up may appear in a future issue of JP.

Here's a write-up from when we did the swap on my 96 two years ago.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.ph...t=97+door+swap
XJohnnyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #698
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Changed the oil and the oil looked really good. Also added a can of Restore, so we will see what happens.
Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #699
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

well, yesterday i picked up a cherrybomb at fleet farm for $20 so i can say i have a muffler. doesnt change the sound to much, just gives it a lower pitch. i then took it to the bowling alley after work for a going away party for a couple co-workers and then i drove it home at 1 a.m. while one of my co-workers followed me because i was going back to her house and i pulled into my driveway and my neighbor across the steet (*****face that called the cops on me for having no rear bumper) opened her door and shouted "you need to get a muffler, its freakin ridiculous" in an angry voice so i shouted back "you need to get a life" and then got in my co-workers car and i went over to her house and spent the night. hopefully my neighbor didnt report that but im sick and tired of her *****ing about the smallest ****.
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #700
xj964
1996 XJ Cherokee 

people need to mind their own business like you said. I undercoated, then washed it and hopefully wheeling tonight if it rains some
xj964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #701
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj964 View Post
people need to mind their own business like you said. I undercoated, then washed it and hopefully wheeling tonight if it rains some
dude x2 all the way. have fun wheeling. it poured here 2 nights ago and i went muddin with a couple of friends but it was all just dirty water. usually better to wait until the night after. i gotta get around to coating my underside too.
Unread 08-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #702
Bob-E
1998 XJ Cherokee 

No offense, but loud exhausts are annoying and really serve no purpose on a street vehicle. You are certainly not doing the 4x4 community any favors with your loud truck. And if you came rolling through my neighborhood at 1am making that kind of racket, I'd be PO'd too. I see this same thing in my motorcycle groups too. Your rear bumper though, I really could care less.
Bob-E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #703
SmrtJustin
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Drove mine.
Greased the slip yoke on my friend's '98 along with replacing her front shocks. The rear shock bolts didn't give me a good feeling, so I left them for now lol.

Mods:
Dynomax Cat-back
OME CS035RA Heavy Load Rear Leafs (~3.25")
RE 1334 Front Spacers (~2.5")
P.O.R.C. HD SYE
30x9.5 General Grabber AT2s
B&M SuperCooler 70255 and Temp Guage
SmrtJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #704
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-E View Post
No offense, but loud exhausts are annoying and really serve no purpose on a street vehicle. You are certainly not doing the 4x4 community any favors with your loud truck. And if you came rolling through my neighborhood at 1am making that kind of racket, I'd be PO'd too. I see this same thing in my motorcycle groups too. Your rear bumper though, I really could care less.
i do understand that and if it was the first time i wouldve encountered those neighbors, i wouldnt have been such a smart ***. but theyve been chewing everyone out since their oldest son moved out and they just seem to get a thrill off seeing other people pissed at them so ive just learned to ignore them or piss them off back. i still want to try putting some laxitives (spelling?) in a hot dog and tossing it over the fence to their dog.

i put the cherrybomb on today but need my friends welder and some more pipe to finish it off but its been boring for me today. just drove to a friends, measured out stuff and confirmed next thursday is my lift

checked out and tucked wires under the hood, did some fluid checks and cleaned up the interior.

oh yeah, got it dirty with my girl

Unread 08-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #705
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

Went to tractor suppy and bought a rear receiver hitch thing with a shackle on it

Aircruiser, what lift are you throwing on it??
Congrats no matter what

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.