Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#86,021 ·
That was plain mean. I had to use a pick ax to clean the ice from my driveway

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I was just trying to plant the seed of hope for those freezing . >:)

Well , I hear Boise is beautiful in late Spring . ;)

I'm originally from Grand Rapids , Michigan . I know a little about ice and snow . Now , we travel South and leave that cold stuff to folks who want or have to deal with .
We'll head back North when the chance of frost there is nil .

#86,023 ·
Did the rear quarter panel cut and fold, still need to install my extended brake lines!
Nice! I've been really happy that I did that on mine. And now my tire tucks in to where it hits the front, top and rear of the fender all at the same time. I should probably do some more bump stopping though, since it does actually hit in all 3 places pretty regularly. Here is an example from New Years Day.

Or I could just do some more trimming....

#86,024 ·
Yesterday I replaced a tierod end, one of the stubshaft u joints was bad went to pop in a 760x joint only to find someone must have installed a set of 260x shafts on the passenger side , also while pulling the shaft my hub seperated oddly enough it had no play at all good thing I had a spare , I also wired up the DlR on my new head lights.

Attachments

#86,025 ·
Anyone know anything about ignition or exhaust on the 97-99 XJ's vs the 00-01 XJ's? Trying to come up with a plan for the silver Jeep and could use some input if anyone has tried anything like this before or knows exactly what the differences are.

Converting 2000 Ignition/Exhaust to 1998 System/

#86,026 ·
Tuesday I replaced the solenoids in my transmission. It cured the problem of skipping second gear. Yesterday I replaced my aftermarket rear chrome bumper with an OEM chrome one found on a JY XJ. The factory bumpers look so much better than AM, that is if you're keeping the stock bumpers.

#86,029 ·
Welp...guess I need to get the Xj ready for the snow that is being forecast for the weekend. Hampton Roads could see up to a foot of the white stuff Saturday...so it's time to top off the tank and making sure the ice scraper is handy. I'm sure work is going to be insane starting tonight...quick everyone run to Walmart and empty the shelves!!!! (why do people buy all the canned ravioli when we are under a storm watch?)

#86,031 ·
Was feeling ambitious yesterday so I tried installing a set of LED reverse lights. Didn't like them so I took them back off. While I was in there I did a little fine tuning to my antenna mount and I think I have my ground issue fixed now. I will have to do some more testing to be sure. Then when I was at tractor supply I found cable clamps which I needed to do make my emergency brakes work since I did the disk brakes in the rear. So I ended up modifying my stock e brake cables to work with my disk brakes. So far they seem to be working but will need some more adjusting once the cables stretch into their new position. They are definitely already stretching. I also should probably take the rotors off and clean them out, as they are definitely full of mud.... I pull the cable and the cable gets tight, but the wheels definitely don't lock up. Oh well, a project for another day.

#86,036 ·
SemperFiGuy said:
What was the matter with the reverse lights? Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
They just didn't shine very far and honestly weren't as bright as the factory bulbs. I only paid a couple $$ for the lights so I wasn't too concerned. Maybe a more expensive LED would be better. Not sure. I was looking for a cheap option that would improve my reverse lights.

#86,037 ·
They just didn't shine very far and honestly weren't as bright as the factory bulbs. I only paid a couple $$ for the lights so I wasn't too concerned. Maybe a more expensive LED would be better. Not sure. I was looking for a cheap option that would improve my reverse lights.
I'm planning to use a pair of Cree flush mounts in my dp endcaps on my bumper. They're like $18, similar to the pods I put on my roof.

#86,040 ·
22* in south Louisiana today. That's about as cold as it gets here. Had to rename my XJ the SS WTF Ice Breaker.

It's cold in my dear stand, but other than the back hatch being frozen shut, the XJ performed great in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a balmy 27 but feels like 7 here in the Beach...still snowing with sleet mixed in. We were under a blizzard warning last night when I went to bed..havent checked the latest updates, still waiting on the coffee to finish brewing. I don't think we got hammered like we were supposed to, but we still have a few hours of this storm to get through.