Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#8,263 ·
cops called to my gf's house because of the jeep :(

told her i thought about selling it and she told me no i shouldnt and she doesnt want me to sell it.
damn man thats a good GF you have. Definitely a keeper for sure. :thumbsup: She knows you like the jeep and wants you to be happy. Thats a rare find these days man. Most chicks around here don't care about anyone but themselves. Why did they get called? I'm thinking exhaust? People love to ***** about anything louder than a prius. Maybe throw on something a little quieter. Definitely beats selling the jeep. I have the super 40 flowmaster on mine. Its got a good sound to it but I haven't had anyone complain about the loudness.

#8,264 ·
last night i installled from new rear pioneer 130W speakers... still sounds like **** when cranked up?! idk what the front ones are, but i guess the radio in it is pretty good if its making 130W speakers sound like ***....

and speaking of the speakers i heard this song in the XJ on the radio when i was headin to my GF's house

YouTube - Psychostick - The Hunger Within

#8,265 ·
I'd say the gf is a keeper trying to convince you to keep it. I have to have my speech all planned out before I talk to my wife about either acquiring something new or even keeping what I already have. I lay the pros and cons out nice and neat and ALWAYS get my way :) I just wear her down until she has no fight left in her and she caves...hahahahaha

In Fact I just got her to sign off on me getting this... 96 Jeep Cherokee I'm heading up to look at it tomorrow after I get the kids out the door to school. It's about an hour away or so. What do you guys think?

#8,266 ·
I'd say the gf is a keeper trying to convince you to keep it. I have to have my speech all planned out before I talk to my wife about either acquiring something new or even keeping what I already have. I lay the pros and cons out nice and neat and ALWAYS get my way :) I just wear her down until she has no fight left in her and she caves...hahahahaha

In Fact I just got her to sign off on me getting this... 96 Jeep Cherokee I'm heading up to look at it tomorrow after I get the kids out the door to school. It's about an hour away or so. What do you guys think?
looks clean... is that dual exhaust i see? lol

#8,267 ·
last night i installled from new rear pioneer 130W speakers... still sounds like **** when cranked up?! idk what the front ones are, but i guess the radio in it is pretty good if its making 130W speakers sound like ***....

and speaking of the speakers i heard this song in the XJ on the radio when i was headin to my GF's house

YouTube - Psychostick - The Hunger Within
what radio do u have? If you've got the stock radio then its not enough. I have Alpine speakers in my jeep, and a sony headunit. The headunit is so cheap compared to the speakers. It sounded good at low volumes but once cranked up sounded like crap. My friend had a pioneer radio thats pretty good. We swapped it in for a minute to see what the issue was. Turns out my speakers are fine but my headunit didnt put out enough juice to make them sound good at higher volumes.

funny song btw :thumbsup:

#8,268 ·
what radio do u have? If you've got the stock radio then its not enough. I have Alpine speakers in my jeep, and a sony headunit. The headunit is so cheap compared to the speakers. It sounded good at low volumes but once cranked up sounded like crap. My friend had a pioneer radio thats pretty good. We swapped it in for a minute to see what the issue was. Turns out my speakers are fine but my headunit didnt put out enough juice to make them sound good at higher volumes.

funny song btw :thumbsup:
its an Eclpise Radio... i think its like the E22000 or something like that.

#8,269 ·
got a brand new radiator from work for free :) a guy bought it and didnt like the fact some of the mesh stuff w/e lol was flattened out so i took a screw driver put it back within 5 mins and my boss said i could have it since its a return

#8,270 ·
nice...

I'm debating whether to pull off the top part of my heat shield or not.

it's loose enough to lift off by hand since the lower part crumbled and is long gone, but I'm worried about the heat melting the floor...
my moms galant has no heat shield and it doesnt get.

i just drove to work.looked for mysterious rattle

#8,271 ·
Me and my buddy Robert(rkates on here) got my drivers side frame stiffener tacked in pretty good before we had to call it quits. Would have gotten farther, but with having to clean the unibody rails, and the decision to drill the stiffeners for plug welds, we didn't get too far. Still have a bunch of work left to do, but going to try and get the passenger side in and both fully welded in early next week. Then I'll still have the belly pan and t-case skid, t-case shift linkage and front out put yoke, transmission tail housing, front drive shaft, and LCA brackets left to do.

Pics when I get a little more progress done.

#8,272 ·
got a brand new radiator from work for free :) a guy bought it and didnt like the fact some of the mesh stuff w/e lol was flattened out so i took a screw driver put it back within 5 mins and my boss said i could have it since its a return
haha I work at boat store and I know exactly where you're coming from with that. Its such a great feeling haha. It also explains why most of the stuff in my XJ is marine-grade :rofl:

#8,273 ·
Why did the cops cone out?
i guess exhaust combined with driving over the side of a speed bump near the sidewalk..lots of *****es that are retarted. plus there are these stupid "barely english speaking people" that let there kids play in the street and when a vehicle comes they stand in the road stil just leaving enough room for the vehicle to squeeze through. everytime i drive through i point to the side of the road and the parents get pissed. yes these kids are like 4-5 years old. they piss me off.

HAHAHAAHAHHA!!

You gotta get out of the burbs, man!

You are messing with their carefully engineered white-bread utopia!
god man i know..im sick of this suburban hell

Never sell it man!
i know haha i was just kiddin

damn man thats a good GF you have. Definitely a keeper for sure. :thumbsup: She knows you like the jeep and wants you to be happy. Thats a rare find these days man. Most chicks around here don't care about anyone but themselves. Why did they get called? I'm thinking exhaust? People love to ***** about anything louder than a prius. Maybe throw on something a little quieter. Definitely beats selling the jeep. I have the super 40 flowmaster on mine. Its got a good sound to it but I haven't had anyone complain about the loudness.
she is man, she is. she loves going wheeling too, our first date we went muddin haha, no not like that.. :laugh: been looking at exhausts though, thinking about a magnaflow cat with a flowmaster 40 series muffler..gonna have to take it to a shop though to get it welded and have the back half after the muffler re-done. its flex pipe with a cherrybomb right now. ghetto as hell.

that thing is cccllllleeeannnn! id say do it if all checks out well. diggin the dual exhaust too!

#8,277 ·
she is man, she is. she loves going wheeling too, our first date we went muddin haha, no not like that.. :laugh: been looking at exhausts though, thinking about a magnaflow cat with a flowmaster 40 series muffler..gonna have to take it to a shop though to get it welded and have the back half after the muffler re-done. its flex pipe with a cherrybomb right now. ghetto as hell.
Yeah I just have the muffler with the stock piping. I'm thinking of getting the magnaflow highflow cat along with 2.5" piping. I was thinking about the Iron Rock Offroad exhaust. Haleyrz told me you can e-mail them and get the kit with a flowmaster. Theres also the highflow cat option with the order. I'm probably going to do that. A girl who loves wheeling AND wants you to be happy and keep the jeep?? MARRY THAT WOMAN!! :laugh::thumbsup:

Used it to get GROCERIES!

and various other stuff...
hahahaha awesome :thumbsup:

#8,278 ·
I should be getting the title tonight :)

It'll finally be officially mine and not my dads

#8,279 ·
#8,280 ·
hahah im about to go take some!

nice man!

congrats :cheers:
lol thanks.

I just don't want to pay for insurance yet since his policy still has another 10-11 months on the XJ. Does anyone know if I can keep the registration in his name while having the title in mine?