What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3704 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #55546
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I got 18mpg on our way down to Florida from Pennsylvania. That's on 30 inch general grabbers... not bad all in all.

Unread 01-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #55547
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

We were coasting down hill once and it said we were getting 98 MPG .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 08:47 AM   #55548
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytex70 View Post
Racer...I like my plate in the front window..I used to have it zip tied to the grill but it seemed to restrict the air flow over the radiator and we know how our XJ's can be cranky when it comes to cooling sometimes I would love to find the undermount plate bracket but no one has them; might get a couple of angle plates and see if that works. Now the cranky teenager has a new trick she's pulling...recently it's been frosty at night when I leave for work and there has been a slight layer of frost on the INSIDE of the windshield; it's taking the defroster a little bit longer to clear the windshield. -Any hints as to why she's throwing this latest stunt and how to possibly fix it? It's nothing major just an annoyance when I'm freezing my booty off waiting for my windows to clear so I can go earn Jeep money
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Turn the AC on high .
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Or find out were the air is getting in and redo the seal.
1 In the AM 1st thing I do is move the license plate to let the heat hit the glass.
2 But if you have working AC (like pdcomm said) use it, but turn the temp to Hot (it takes moisture out of the air)
3 look for leaks like runndonex said - ALSO- like me you may have water leaks too (door/ hatch seals, firewall holes, floor rust-hole....) I been working on mine, but it's been raining since December :-(
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #55549
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
1 In the AM 1st thing I do is move the license plate to let the heat hit the glass.
2 But if you have working AC (like pdcomm said) use it, but turn the temp to Hot (it takes moisture out of the air)
3 look for leaks like runndonex said - ALSO- like me you may have water leaks too (door/ hatch seals, firewall holes, floor rust-hole....) I been working on mine, but it's been raining since December :-(
Maybe you need one of :

Unread 01-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #55550
ladytex70
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^pdcomm..my roommates Sahara needs one of those..lol

Racer...I'm heading up to the Jeep stealership and see if they have the bracket I need..if not I guess it's drill into the bumper time. (for some unknown reason that bothers the crap out of me..like I'm messing with the integrity of the bumper) I'll try the A/C trick tomorrow night if the temps stay like they are supposed to today..our highs here in the Beach are only supposed to break 35 with a chance of snow overnight. I know I have seal leak on the passenger front door..the weather stripping has a few chunks out of it, not enough for a full on flood when it rains but enough to cause the floorboard to get wet in heavy rains. I lived in Seattle about 10 years ago so I understand the rainy Decembers, kind of miss them
ladytex70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #55551
Motorcharge
1991 MJ Comanche 

The bracket mounts into the bumper anyway, don't waste the money on it. Just throw a couple self tappers into it and be done imo.
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #55552
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
The bracket mounts into the bumper anyway, don't waste the money on it. Just throw a couple self tappers into it and be done imo.
Agreed .

K.I.S.S.

Unread 01-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #55553
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytex70 View Post
^^pdcomm..my roommates Sahara needs one of those..lol

Racer...I'm heading up to the Jeep stealership and see if they have the bracket I need..if not I guess it's drill into the bumper time. (for some unknown reason that bothers the crap out of me..like I'm messing with the integrity of the bumper) I'll try the A/C trick tomorrow night if the temps stay like they are supposed to today..our highs here in the Beach are only supposed to break 35 with a chance of snow overnight. I know I have seal leak on the passenger front door..the weather stripping has a few chunks out of it, not enough for a full on flood when it rains but enough to cause the floorboard to get wet in heavy rains. I lived in Seattle about 10 years ago so I understand the rainy Decembers, kind of miss them
Take 20"+ zip ties, run them through the top plate holes, then behind/around the bumper and then through the bottom plate holes. Tight to desired snugness, and Problem solved.

====

I reattached my muffler heat-shield. It's so nice no longer hearing the annoying shield transmit exhaust notes into the floor.
Unread 01-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #55554
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00XJMikey View Post
Take 20"+ zip ties, run them through the top plate holes, then behind/around the bumper and then through the bottom plate holes. Tight to desired snugness, and Problem solved.

====

I reattached my muffler heat-shield. It's so nice no longer hearing the annoying shield transmit exhaust notes into the floor.
Until some kid with a knife comes along ... I'd stick with self tapping bolts or screws . Thieves are less likely to steal if they actually have to do something to accomplish the intended end .

Unread 01-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #55555
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Until some kid with a knife comes along ... I'd stick with self tapping bolts or screws . Thieves are less likely to steal if they actually have to do something to accomplish the intended end .
Just a no drill idea.
Unread 01-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #55556
ladytex70
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Well I've talked my guy into getting that plate on the bumper, he's been bugging me about it anyway so I told him to do it if it bugs him so darn much. I was just going zip tie it back on the grille where it was before. I'm just tired of it sliding across the dash every time I take a hard corner or when it rattles when I hit pothole alley..I mean I-264

Ok...so I filed my taxes today and thanks to having kids I'm getting a nice chunk of change back. After I do a few other things I need to take care of and do a tune up on the cranky teenager of mine, I think I'm going to replace the exhaust..cat back probably. I know a good shop here in the Beach that does great work for a really decent price..they did the Flowmaster set up on my Expedition a few years ago (I asked the ex hubby for a diamond ring..he got me an exhaust system instead..yea that was a sign of things to come..lol) plus they did the work on his Pony. I'm sure all of you have opinions on which set up to get...so let's hear them. Pretty please
ladytex70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #55557
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

If you really want a diamond , remove what's behind the cat and clamp a drop pipe on . It would cost you about 15 bucks and you'd have enough cash for at least a cubic zirconium ...

Unread 01-18-2014, 05:07 PM   #55558
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Bad news Jeepers, tomorrow was the day for my cowl intake install but my friend didnt get the elbows and reducer for me because the XJ had an accordion intake tube and the TJ has a smooth one. I planned on using PVC pipe but I guess I forgot to tell him. So all I have is the Ford air cleaner, I will take pics of the TJ install and then replicate it in my garage at home and post up for those interested.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #55559
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I touched up some paint chips yesterday, and cleaned out the toolbox and cab. I cleaned out so much dirt and leaves that i started a small compost pile lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #55560
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
I touched up some paint chips yesterday, and cleaned out the toolbox and cab. I cleaned out so much dirt and leaves that i started a small compost pile lol.
Right on time to start pre-Spring seeding .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.