What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3596 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 11-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #53926
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
After spending the last good while cutting a trail behind the house, today was the payoff. Broke thru to the creek. Now got access to all kinds of trails I used to run on fourwheelers when I was a kid. They need maintenance too but the creek is shallow with a nice rock garden on down. My new testing grounds right in my backyard boys! So happy.

I should note I own the land down to my side of the creek, and one of my best friends grandfather owns the other side, and I have permission to be on that land as well. Keeping everything legit over here.
I'm coming to see you, that'd be an awesome playground

Unread 11-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #53927
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Jealous, my jeep club had an unwritten agreement with the property owners of our old "proving grounds" until recently some dumb rednecks with big mud trucks rutted it all up, lit a bonfire and stapled targets to the trees and shot off rounds...smh
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #53928
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

There was a spot of undeveloped land for sale near me like that that the property owner didn't care if we wheeled it until some of us found a bunch of Mexicans fighting dogs back there one night. Called the cops over it and a few days later the property had been fenced off with an 8 foot privacy fence.

There's a spot of land behind my apartment too that I'd wheeled for years on thinking it was just state land. There's an old section of road not road maps that runs from my apartment to it. It used to be part of a road that's now cut in half by a highway they built 10 years or so ago. Some ****ty development company is putting up a bunch of cookie cutter houses on the other side of the road and started calling fish and wildlife over people going back there (a lot of locals take ATVs and dirt bikes back there) and they started having the construction company put their equipment on the road back there to block it off. I did a little digging and found out a state senator owns the land and have been emailing him trying to get written permission to get back there now. He said no last time but only because he didn't know the road ran back there and thinks I'd have to trespass on the realty companies land to get to it. I sent him pictures of the entrance and road over the weekend so he knows it's accessible to see if he changes his mind.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #53929
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I'm coming to see you, that'd be an awesome playground
More than welcome to come, bud. You got a good lil drive ahead of you tho haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
Jealous, my jeep club had an unwritten agreement with the property owners of our old "proving grounds" until recently some dumb rednecks with big mud trucks rutted it all up, lit a bonfire and stapled targets to the trees and shot off rounds...smh
That sucks, that seems the case with so many public spots. Its ashame because its never legitimate wheelers that do that kind of stuff. Its the *******es that ruin it for all the actual enthusiasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
There was a spot of undeveloped land for sale near me like that that the property owner didn't care if we wheeled it until some of us found a bunch of Mexicans fighting dogs back there one night. Called the cops over it and a few days later the property had been fenced off with an 8 foot privacy fence.

There's a spot of land behind my apartment too that I'd wheeled for years on thinking it was just state land. There's an old section of road not road maps that runs from my apartment to it. It used to be part of a road that's now cut in half by a highway they built 10 years or so ago. Some ****ty development company is putting up a bunch of cookie cutter houses on the other side of the road and started calling fish and wildlife over people going back there (a lot of locals take ATVs and dirt bikes back there) and they started having the construction company put their equipment on the road back there to block it off. I did a little digging and found out a state senator owns the land and have been emailing him trying to get written permission to get back there now. He said no last time but only because he didn't know the road ran back there and thinks I'd have to trespass on the realty companies land to get to it. I sent him pictures of the entrance and road over the weekend so he knows it's accessible to see if he changes his mind.
That blows dicks, I hate fuddy duddys (nice way of saying ****ing *******) that get butthurt over a little wheeling. Wish you the best of luck on getting permission.

Funny thing is I live in a subdivision, but its cut into the woods out of city limits. Google earth to the rescue.

Red is my house, yellow is a crude drawing of my access trail, and green is the area I have at my jeepin disposal. You can see the creek in there, almost the whole length is passable.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #53930
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Thats amazing vegas, so jealous lol. I have 15 acres behind my house but nothing even close enough to drive a truck through. There used to be a couple quad trails but most of them are wayyy overgrown, or completely flooded now. Nobody else goes back there anymore really.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #53931
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

If i get a ticket for excessive "acceleration", i have a pretty good idea of where it would be. Theres one road that i take to get back home from "the big city" as we call it lol. Right after i turn onto it, theres a small hill thats kinda steep and i like to time my 2-3 shift right at the peak of the hill. So much fun lol. It sounds like im speeding but the 3.55s can be pretty deceiving lol
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #53932
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
After spending the last good while cutting a trail behind the house, today was the payoff. Broke thru to the creek. Now got access to all kinds of trails I used to run on fourwheelers when I was a kid. They need maintenance too but the creek is shallow with a nice rock garden on down. My new testing grounds right in my backyard boys! So happy.
Cool to see that summer project come to fruition, nice job.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #53933
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
Cool to see that summer project come to fruition, nice job.
Haha oh yes. Been spending a couple hours in the afternoon, a couple times a week, for a LONG time to get it all cleared and Jeep friendly (aka not smacking branches).

Getting down there was just phase 1 though. Now that I have creek access in the Jeep the idea is to make the area a hangout spot for close friends and I next summer. There is a large flat area at the bottom that overlooks the creek, that once cleared will be large enough to accomodate a firepit and seating all around. Ill be able to use the Jeep to run people down there (hill is hard to walk on) and enjoy listening to the creek water with hotdogs on the fire and ice cold beverages. Ill be sure and post pics of the setup when complete. Itll be like paradise to me, Im a simple man.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #53934
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm also a simple man, I need that set up but I will have to suffice with my golf course views.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #53935
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Haha oh yes. Been spending a couple hours in the afternoon, a couple times a week, for a LONG time to get it all cleared and Jeep friendly (aka not smacking branches).

Getting down there was just phase 1 though. Now that I have creek access in the Jeep the idea is to make the area a hangout spot for close friends and I next summer. There is a large flat area at the bottom that overlooks the creek, that once cleared will be large enough to accomodate a firepit and seating all around. Ill be able to use the Jeep to run people down there (hill is hard to walk on) and enjoy listening to the creek water with hotdogs on the fire and ice cold beverages. Ill be sure and post pics of the setup when complete. Itll be like paradise to me, Im a simple man.
Are you trying to make me move or something? Are you a real estate agent out to get me!
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #53936
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Are you trying to make me move or something? Are you a real estate agent out to get me!
Haha no sir. I knew I was going to do this when I first bought the house first of last year, ive been dying to get started on this little project since day one lol.

Side bonus, the area is rich in arrowheads if anyone is into that.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #53937
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Haha no sir. I knew I was going to do this when I first bought the house first of last year, ive been dying to get started on this little project since day one lol.

Side bonus, the area is rich in arrowheads if anyone is into that.
How about burial grounds?
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #53938
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Vegas, I thought I was lucky having my small 5 acres to play on and being close to WBR. I'm jealous and if you ever need help clearing trails, recovery or drinking beer, feel free to let me know. I'm real good at 2 out of 3.
Trons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #53939
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Vegas, if you ever need help increasing your beer consumption, invite me, I don't drink,HA!
Unread 11-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #53940
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet . Definitely . Heck , even I could have fun there .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.