What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3565 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Complete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.comEnd of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 10-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #53461
Jer25
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Washed it.

Needs a paint job, but hey, it's no show car.

Jer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #53462
infob
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy

I Clean my injectors religiously but I probably will next oil change. Do you run it the whole life of the oil?
I leave it in for about a thousand miles... Many say the first 300 some say 3000 but I think if it's going to do anything it will do it in the first 1000 beyond that I don't think it will hurt but I highly doubt it's doing any good...
infob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #53463
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by infob
I leave it in for about a thousand miles... Many say the first 300 some say 3000 but I think if it's going to do anything it will do it in the first 1000 beyond that I don't think it will hurt but I highly doubt it's doing any good...
I have about 500 until my next change, could I add it now?
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #53464
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89
So im getting a bad clunking sound at completely random times. I got scared and thought it was my engine knocking but im pretty sure its not. Also experiencing some vibes for the past month or so. I wouldn't say death wobble as it is not that bad. Happens at 40mph plus, ranges from barley noticeable to where the steering wheel actually starts shaking a good amount. I have been noticing it feeling slightly "looser" than normal when going down the road. Best description i can think of would be as if something were weighing down the read end, creating less pressure on the front tires. Idk what to think. Just tightened everything like two weeks ago.
I have similar issues except my vibes are high speed (65+) and only translate to the brake pedal and rear view mirror. Jeeps gonna Jeep I guess. My clunking is probably my Rusty's HD flex joints (like JJ's) because its coming from that area, they're tight and flex perfect I guess it's just a noisy joint (cheap)
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #53465
BigginXJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Rebuilt Rear brakes on 94 XJ!! Fronts will be next.
207446 mi and still going strong!!
BigginXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #53466
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post

I have similar issues except my vibes are high speed (65+) and only translate to the brake pedal and rear view mirror. Jeeps gonna Jeep I guess. My clunking is probably my Rusty's HD flex joints (like JJ's) because its coming from that area, they're tight and flex perfect I guess it's just a noisy joint (cheap)
My Rusty's joints are the source of one of my noises, but I have to keep tightening the front upper shock mounts too.
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #53467
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie

I have rustys stuff. I suppose the joints could be the source like you said. Did it always make noise?
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #53468
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

My Rusty's joints are the source of one of my noises, but I have to keep tightening the front upper shock mounts too.
Hmm forgot about the upper shock mounts lol. I will try to check everything over tomorrow. Probably will not have time to do much trouble shooting though, but i will defiantly check the upper shock mounts. Thanks
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #53469
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
My xj was born in in canada and lived in Washington for 5 or 6 years too
well in that case...
But seriously, that's ironic. My 87 was born in CA; raised in AZ, and I almost feel guilty for bringing her to the midwest.
As penance I rarely drive her in the snow.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #53470
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post

well in that case...
But seriously, that's ironic. My 87 was born in CA; raised in AZ, and I almost feel guilty for bringing her to the midwest.
As penance I rarely drive her in the snow.
Snow doesn't hurt. But certain areas put salt brine on the roads that kills metal.
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #53471
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89
I have rustys stuff. I suppose the joints could be the source like you said. Did it always make noise?
No it started not too long ago and its only on my drivers side and when going over certain bumps or if the suspension unloads. I had a retaining nut on my adjustable control arms come loose and I thought that was the cause but I tightened it up and its still there. Do you guys have the HD flex joints or stock style clevite joints?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #53472
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Snow doesn't hurt. But certain areas put salt brine on the roads that kills metal.
Around here they put down salt if they think it's going to snow.
And after one good drive though it you can see the rust dripping from any exposed metal.
You won't find many old classics around here. They don't live that long.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:49 PM   #53473
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post

No it started not too long ago and its only on my drivers side and when going over certain bumps or if the suspension unloads. I had a retaining nut on my adjustable control arms come loose and I thought that was the cause but I tightened it up and its still there. Do you guys have the HD flex joints or stock style clevite joints?
I think the drivers side joints suffer cuz there is always the weight of a driver, not always a passenger.
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #53474
infob
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy
I have about 500 until my next change, could I add it now?
500 should be plenty of time to loosen any of the gunk up that can be removed by any kind of cleaner... If its seriously built up then you could probably put it in full time at every oil change and not cure anything... I think it's really only intended on loosening up light build up and I would think 500 miles is plenty to do that
infob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 06:51 PM   #53475
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj
Around here they put down salt if they think it's going to snow. And after one good drive though it you can see the rust dripping from any exposed metal. You won't find many old classics around here. They don't live that long.
God that's horible
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.