What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3558 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #53356
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I just discovered I'm back down to 1 bolt on one of my motor mounts. 2 more broke off in the block. This makes a total of 5 I've had to remove. Brown Dogs are coming soon.

Unread 10-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #53357
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I just discovered I'm back down to 1 bolt on one of my motor mounts. 2 more broke off in the block. This makes a total of 5 I've had to remove. Brown Dogs are coming soon.
You will like them

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #53358
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered 1/2" heims and other items to build a quick disconnect sway setup.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #53359
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Ordered up led's for the gauge cluster to "new it up" a bit inside. Getting dark a lot earlier now, and after spending a lot of time night driving in my '08 Colorado work truck, the factory gauge lighting looks so dull in the XJ. After some research I decided on Cool White wide angle LED's from superbrightleds.com. Still a subtle factory look, just brighter and more crisp. As seen here:
Blue LEDs are best LEDs. I used the wide angle SMDs and they are awesome! Note to others since you probably already know, the stock dimmer does not dim LEDs. The blue doesn't bother me, but a whiter color could be bothersome if you are sensitive to light at night.
Unread 10-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #53360
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Got my replacement poly bushings from Summit for the Skyjacker TB. The old bushings are so worn, I thought I was going to lose it today on the highway. I may have to find a replacement sleeve/bolt too since there is so much slop.
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #53361
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

ANYONE WITH HELLLAS: I'm going to run the hella 500 in place of headlights, that being said should I run the driving lights with a further beam or do I run the fogs?
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #53362
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
ANYONE WITH HELLLAS: I'm going to run the hella 500 in place of headlights, that being said should I run the driving lights with a further beam or do I run the fogs?
Driving lights. But you wont have bright and dim will you?
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #53363
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
I use both types but neither is better than headlights.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #53364
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

Driving lights. But you wont have bright and dim will you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj

I use both types but neither is better than headlights.
No I will not, I don't care anything about brights they are crap anyway, I have a couple KC lights I can use for those dark back roads.

Chris what would you suggest then, I think hella would be fine...I have seen it done. My jeep is chopped up in the front so stock headlights are a no go.
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #53365
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Driving lights would be my choice in that case because they'll put light a lot further out than fogs.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
VOTE for the Rocktober Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #53366
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I've never noticed the difference before and after an oil change as much as I noticed today. I used 15w40 for the first time, otherwise it's always been 10w30. It feels like I filled it with peanut butter... but it runs smooth
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #53367
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I've never noticed the difference before and after an oil change as much as I noticed today. I used 15w40 for the first time, otherwise it's always been 10w30. It feels like I filled it with peanut butter... but it runs smooth
When we bought our XJ , it must have had 10w30 or something very light in it . There was a definite tappet tick .
I always change all fluids when I get a new to me vehicle . This one having 189K on the ticker , I figured the thing was a bit more than broke in . 20w50 has been the weight of choice since . That rocker tick is still there at 202K , but much less audible .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:22 PM   #53368
WheelinCowboy
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
When we bought our XJ , it must have had 10w30 or something very light in it . There was a definite tappet tick . I always change all fluids when I get a new to me vehicle . This one having 189K on the ticker , I figured the thing was a bit more than broke in . 20w50 has been the weight of choice since . That rocker tick is still there at 202K , but much less audible .
I've got a rocker tick with 282K on the motor. I'm running 10w40. A family friend/ mechanic told me to throw a quart of ATF in there with the oil until the tick stops then do a full oil change. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried it? Results?
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:39 AM   #53369
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinCowboy View Post

I've got a rocker tick with 282K on the motor. I'm running 10w40. A family friend/ mechanic told me to throw a quart of ATF in there with the oil until the tick stops then do a full oil change. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried it? Results?
Never heared of that? I mean if he done it multiple times possibly it may work. Im scared to put anything in my engine besides oil and stuff.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #53370
JMH21814
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinCowboy View Post

Rocker tick is annoying, but not damaging to your motor. ATF is very thin with a crapload of detergents. On a motor with almost 300k I'd be hesitant on adding ATF only because any buildup inside your block or head may come loose and POSSIBLY clog an oil galley. I say possibly, because it is a roll of the dice. You may be fine or you may do some major damage to a well seasoned motor that is running fine.

That said, stay away from Marvel Mystery Oil. ATF is safer, but only slightly. Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide.
JMH21814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.