What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3557 - JeepForum.com

 125Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #53341 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
dagr8tim
Web Wheeler
 
dagr8tim's Avatar
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galloway, Oh
Posts: 3,109
Garage
Last saturday I picked up a set (4) of WJ rims and tires for $200, and found out when I got home that they were 5x5. Sold them for $250 and tonight I'm picking up a set (5) of TJ Ravines for $150.

Not bad for letting a set of tires sit in the driveway for less than a week.


Jeeping - The art of getting dirty & going broke while slowly heading nowhere, and taking all day to do it.

97 XJ SE - The War Wagon
98 TJ - Mall Crawler/Light Trail Rig
dagr8tim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #53342 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
IDIdiesel
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: pittstown
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Lol ya its high




That's pa.

Dad backed into my limabean with the trailer fixed the light. Dunno what to do about the paint? Was thinking follow the fold and pastidip it? Anything to prevent that evil R word... Rust!
Bang that out with a big sledge hammer and bedline it.

2015 Ford F350 crew cab, gasser
2001 Cherokee sport "AGENT ORANGE"
1991 Ford 7.3L IDI- FOR SALE
IDIdiesel is offline  
post #53343 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes

Lol ya its high

That's pa.

Dad backed into my limabean with the trailer fixed the light. Dunno what to do about the paint? Was thinking follow the fold and pastidip it? Anything to prevent that evil R word... Rust!
That sucks. But If your looking for rust protection I wouldn't use plastidip though.
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #53344 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 11:10 AM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8
Today will involve an oil change, new radio antenna, maybe a new alternator, and finding out if my coolant leak is a hose or the radiator.
?: Does a Wix 51515 fit without an adapter? I have seen guys suggest it, but the Wix I have on now is a different #.
Please share if you figure out what wix filter it is. Id be interested. Thinking should just order filters in bulk online and it might be cheaper.
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #53345 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 AM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim
Last saturday I picked up a set (4) of WJ rims and tires for $200, and found out when I got home that they were 5x5. Sold them for $250 and tonight I'm picking up a set (5) of TJ Ravines for $150.

Not bad for letting a set of tires sit in the driveway for less than a week.
Well that worked out for you didnt it lol
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #53346 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM
S8NNG8
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helena
Posts: 8,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post

Please share if you figure out what wix filter it is. Id be interested. Thinking should just order filters in bulk online and it might be cheaper.
It'll work! It just holds more oil. I'm not guessing, I asked the guy at O'reilly's.

D3<!L!>3D
S8NNG8 is offline  
post #53347 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Rockport
Posts: 2,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Lol ya its high




That's pa.

Dad backed into my limabean with the trailer fixed the light. Dunno what to do about the paint? Was thinking follow the fold and pastidip it? Anything to prevent that evil R word... Rust!
IF there's any rust there now , there are many rust converters on the market that do a nice job . I've used Dupli Color and it does turn the rust into something pretty hard that can be painted .

http://tinyurl.com/mkpuy6s

1995 Cherokee Country .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline  
post #53348 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 12:40 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Ordered up led's for the gauge cluster to "new it up" a bit inside. Getting dark a lot earlier now, and after spending a lot of time night driving in my '08 Colorado work truck, the factory gauge lighting looks so dull in the XJ.

After some research I decided on Cool White wide angle LED's from superbrightleds.com. Still a subtle factory look, just brighter and more crisp. As seen here:

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #53349 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 12:48 PM
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........
 
JeepN4KC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Blue Springs
Posts: 7,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Ordered up led's for the gauge cluster to "new it up" a bit inside. Getting dark a lot earlier now, and after spending a lot of time night driving in my '08 Colorado work truck, the factory gauge lighting looks so dull in the XJ.

After some research I decided on Cool White wide angle LED's from superbrightleds.com. Still a subtle factory look, just brighter and more crisp. As seen here:
Wow, Brandon - that's quite a difference.............my gauge cluster is nowhere near that bright.

~Mike~


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
WK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
XJ
Sept '13/Jan '15/Jun '16 COTM
JeepN4KC is online now  
post #53350 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 12:49 PM
JeepComanche89
Registered User
1989 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8

It'll work! It just holds more oil. I'm not guessing, I asked the guy at O'reilly's.
Sweet thanks. Ive been meaning to look into that but just keep forgetting lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline  
post #53351 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 12:59 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
I'm too lazy to solder in LED lights, I need to do them in my 4Runner since half the factory bulbs are burnt out.

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #53352 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepN4KC View Post
Wow, Brandon - that's quite a difference.............my gauge cluster is nowhere near that bright.
Thanks man. Thats a shot from a members rig on here, but I bought the exact same LED's. Fell in love when I seen this, and had to get mine looking that. I never had much interest in the swap because I am happy with the factory color scheme, but I am all for making them brighter with more clarity. The order was 20 bucks shipped for all the bulbs required, I can stomach that.

And @rebelbowtie, these are drop in replacements for the factory bulbs.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
post #53353 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 01:17 PM
rebelbowtie
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne
Posts: 3,178
I don't think there are any drop in LED's for my Toyota. If there was surely someone would have done it by now instead of soldering LED's to the cluster circuit board.

He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline  
post #53354 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post

IF there's any rust there now , there are many rust converters on the market that do a nice job . I've used Dupli Color and it does turn the rust into something pretty hard that can be painted .

http://tinyurl.com/mkpuy6s
Yeah that might be what I do...

Just looked that is probably the only spot on the jeep that isn't rusted lol go figure.


Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline  
post #53355 of 85712 Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM
VegasGT
Registered User
1988 MJ Comanche 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 5,395
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I don't think there are any drop in LED's for my Toyota. If there was surely someone would have done it by now instead of soldering LED's to the cluster circuit board.
Ah, gotcha, I was just referring to the XJ. I dont know **** about Yota's aside from my gas sipper Corolla.

- '88 MJ Pioneer -
Build In Progress
- '04 Sierra Z71 Crew Cab -
Daily/TowPig
VegasGT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
What did you do to your mj today. 1987mj2wd MJ Comanche Technical Forum 86 07-21-2012 02:34 PM
What did you do to your XJ today? CanadianJeep86 XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 87 02-21-2011 08:45 PM
What did you do with your xj/mj today? MuckShifter XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum 12 06-11-2008 10:59 PM
What did you do in your XJ today... Muniac XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 1 08-16-2007 08:29 PM
what i did today Twsty XJ Cherokee Technical Forum 8 02-01-2006 03:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome