What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3512 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #52666
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
Doing jcr quarter guards

I <3 rockrash
Pics of completed install when you get a chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infob View Post
Took my sway bar off the front today after work... Will be playing with it for a while and deciding on if I want to make a quick disconnect or not... On the plus side I flexed it on the loading dock at work and made it past the spot where I had my rear tire 3 inches off the ground no problem
Of course you got more flex - sway bar's job is to limit sway (flex).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post

they aren't really needed. I've never ran one at almost 5 inches of lift.
^^^ Agreed. Don't have a front and will be removing the rear soon and fabbing bar pin eliminators out of the brackets.

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #52667
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89
I was just having a similar discussion with someone about this yesterday. I paid 840 for all my tires mounted and balanced, and valve stems. A new tire place opened near by and this guy got 33x12.50 grabbers out the door for i think 750. So yeah im going to this new guy from now on. Also he gave a estimate for forteras for my moms commander, like 190 bucks cheaper than the place i went to.
I do most of my price shopping on Tirerack, and Google. Most shops around here will price match. Some price match including shipping, but it still works out to be a better deal.
Unread 09-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #52668
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
I thought they were a pretty good price for the level of performance. I am willing to spend a few extra bucks to get a quality part made in America, when I have the choice.

As for the XJ, hatched plans to go to the big dunes next weekend.
Silver Lake ?
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #52669
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
Silver Lake ?
You know it! Wanna come along? Small group of us, most camping at the State grounds there.
Unread 09-28-2013, 10:10 AM   #52670
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
You know it! Wanna come along? Small group of us, most camping at the State grounds there.
BTDT .

I wouldn't mind doing that again , at all . But , it would be a bit of a jaunt as we're currently at Enid Lake , Mississippi for a couple of weeks before heading farther South for the Winter .

Have fun and be sure to take time to smell the 'roses' .
I'd think there'll be more than one or two .
Unread 09-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #52671
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith
they aren't really needed. I've never ran one at almost 5 inches of lift.
I used to think the same thing but it really depends on if you jeep is a DD and what your daily drive is like. If you keep off the highway I would mostly agree with you but around here you have to take the interstate for most things and with speeds in excess of 70 mph I would strongly suggest a sway bar of some sort.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older too, who knows?
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #52672
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ

The top ones or bottom?
Top I have no lower quarters cut and folded them a while ago.

I <3 rockrash
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #52673
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have no sway bar front or rear and drive 70mph everyday and don't notice any difference at all.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #52674
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I have no sway bar front or rear and drive 70mph everyday and don't notice any difference at all.
Just to balance that out , there's no way I'd run without sway bars at any speed much more than 25 MPH .

No offense meant . Different values , I guess .
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #52675
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm

Just to balance that out , there's no way I'd run without sway bars at any speed much more than 25 MPH .

No offense meant . Different values , I guess .
It's not for everyone that's for sure.
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #52676
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
It's not for everyone that's for sure.
I drove without sway bars for around 3 years and thought it was fine but then I had some incidents that changed my view on that.

You have to be delusional to think there is no noticeable difference running without a sway bar! Running without a sway bar on a stock Cherokee makes a very noticeable difference let alone a lifted one. Even with an anti-rock I can still lift a rear tire very easily on the road while going around a corner.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #52677
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

image-1215733760.jpg

Whipped up some DIY light mounts. Going to see how they fare before I wire them

College Student in Genetics, Jeeper and musician

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #52678
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Something I have not done in quite a while, cleaned and waxed it. After six years of not having to be my daily driver the XJ is back in action but it's been at least a year since I gave it a good hand waxing. The paint was very dingy looking with a lot of dark spots along creases, so I started with a clay bar. That had absolutely no effect on the discoloration so I tried cleaner wax and polishing compound. Same results little to no effect so I decided to use some strong liquid cleaner that I had and it had some effect on the overall dinginess but the worst spots remained. Keep in mind the paint is almost 15 year old factory paint and it's white so I decided to try something more aggressive, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. The worst areas were the roof and the hood so I decided to start on the roof. I sprayed the first panel closest to the roof rack rail with plain water and I started to rub the eraser back and forth with very very light pressure. It worked great the water was turning dark gray as I moved the eraser and the dirt was coming off. Wiped off the excess water, sprayed some more clean water and wiped again. I basically used the same method that I use with a clay bar but, with much less pressure. Ended up doing the entire Jeep and then applying a good coat of Mothers Synthetic Wax. The XJ looks better than she has in quite a while. I would not recommend this with dark colors as the eraser can easily scratch but on light colors it seemed to work great. It's also not a method that I would use on my other cars but for a 15 year old DD it did the trick.

Not bad for almost 15 year old factory paint that has spent it's entire life in the driveway or on the street. Time to save a few dollars for a new headliner which is beginning to fall.
Unread 09-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #52679
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

I drove without sway bars for around 3 years and thought it was fine but then I had some incidents that changed my view on that.

You have to be delusional to think there is no noticeable difference running without a sway bar! Running without a sway bar on a stock Cherokee makes a very noticeable difference let alone a lifted one. Even with an anti-rock I can still lift a rear tire very easily on the road while going around a corner.
Either my springs are extremely stiff or you're driving extremely fast because I can't lift a tire on road even if I tried and if I did I would roll over with or without sway bars.

I ran my 2500HD with no sway bars, my Tahoe and my 4Runner with no sway bars. The only vehicles I've owned with sway bars are an A4, Corolla and 69 Nova.
Unread 09-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #52680
infob
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrule123

Ehh I can feel it move a bit more when I saw the wheel at 30 mph but I even when trying to test if it was safe enough for back road travel I was no where near capable of lifting a tire... I don't drive my xj like a F1 car regardless of if it's got a sway bar or not... The thing even states on the visor don't make sudden turns...
infob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.