Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#70,183 ·
The reason I say that. It's only suppose to be a foot above the highest point. Haha. That thing would smack on everything haha.
Oh oops :shhh: Well its really only 2 feet higher cause I bought the firefly 4ft and I added a spring so it wouldn't get ripped off the mount.

#70,185 ·
I had the spring mount once. You'll end up removing it I'm sure. I hated it. Always flailed like a fish out of water and played with the reception.
Good to know. Thanks for the insight.

In other news I found what will be my new reverse light laying in the middle of the road.

Automotive lighting Plant Automotive tire Finger Gas

#70,192 ·
I'm really debating if I should get a light bar. Our local cops and Sheriff's have newer low profile lights that look like light bars now. People already act stupid when they drive around me cuz my Jeep resembles the forest rangers rigs.
I plan to run 4 led pods instead, and want independent control over each one. I plan to remove the vic next to the stereo ('95) that never worked. Cut and bend a replacement that will have room for all 4 switches. Other switches will fill other openings as needed. Something like this

#70,198 ·
Laid face-down in the back with the hatch open looking under the Jeep while my buddy did full throttle pulls so I could find the source of a bad rattle. Thought it was the diff. It was the exhaust hanger plate rattling against my tank skid.

Glad my new hatch struts held or I'd probably have a busted up back