What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3507 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #52591
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

I finnally got a chance to do a little work on my bumper. Tacked on the two end pieces but had to stop there, long story lol. Think i might have some time to go finish it tomorrow. My other jcr stuff came in today too.

JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #52592
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm
I'm no D44 expert . I did own a Dodge truck for years . When I first got it , I thought the front end felt loose . It really was compared to other brands of trucks I've had . Anyway , all new bearings and an alignment and there was absolutely no difference . I figure that front end was designed on Monday morning or late Friday afternoon because it was always loose as two marbles in a coffee can . Maybe they did it that way so the dirt could fall out easier , IDK . Please , don't shoot me , but , I wonder if an Isuzu front end would or could be made to fit . I had an '89 with 31 - 10.50s that handled better than a lot of sports cars , even at 220+K miles .
Hehe. Dirt falling out, good design concept. I have no idea what Isuzu uses for axles, but it's something to look at. All I am certain about is I do not want to pour money into a D30.
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #52593
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
Good looking XJ Greg. Got any more pictures of your trailer?
Hundreds...literally. lol Fully documented my build to date in Photobucket and on Expedition Portal

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...-%28finally%29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Ugh I'm jealous, I've wanted JKS ACOS for the better part of a year now.
Me too... probably 3 years, missed out on getting them a few times. Finally snagged an add that had just been put up. A guy on a local club is gutting out his TJ and going full coil overs with crazy lift. Great deal, they are almost new as are the coils.

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #52594
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Had a problem with my temp running high for about a week and it came to a head today when it fluctuated from 220 to the 260 line about 50 times on my way home today, changed the lower Radiator hose, ran a hose from the top to the bottom, a ton of brown crap came out, then i replaced all the fluid. was relieved to find no coolant in the oil. took an 8 mile test drive and she never even hit 210. here's to hoping this is the end of this trouble!
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #52595
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregB_00XJ View Post
Hundreds...literally. lol Fully documented my build to date in Photobucket and on Expedition Portal

Me too... probably 3 years, missed out on getting them a few times. Finally snagged an add that had just been put up. A guy on a local club is gutting out his TJ and going full coil overs with crazy lift. Great deal, they are almost new as are the coils.

That thing is gorgeous. (the trailer AND the XJ)
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #52596
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Drove it
Unread 09-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #52597
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Wow, what an incredible build. You have such a great looking XJ. I looked through hundreds of pictures and scanned through lots of pages of your build thread and I have to say you are one heck of a craftsman.

Very nice work. It looks spectacular.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 11:58 PM   #52598
macklamar
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Put my new IRO heavy duty tie rod and new tie rid ends in, plus a new steering damper. And was finally able to adjust my toe. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I fixed my DW.

Btw, that trailer is killer
macklamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:58 AM   #52599
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Apparently I want your trailer too. Damn that thing is perfect.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #52600
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Seeking qualified opinions here. In my recent D44 researching I have found that Dodge is the only one with the outer bits to maintain 5 on 4.5" lug pattern. Most of what I have seen says the bearings are pure garbage. Is this just a bunch of web wheeling, or fact? Are there any alternatives? What are you guys running? (SFR, AKIQpilot, anyone else I don't know of)
Im running a ford dana 44. 8 lug though. I know you can swap a ford dana 44 over to 5x5.5 but not 5x4.5
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #52601
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9
Im running a ford dana 44. 8 lug though. I know you can swap a ford dana 44 over to 5x5.5 but not 5x4.5
What I read suggested buying new wheels is a better option than having to deal with the dodge setup.

If I have to go that far I might as well just buy tons.
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #52602
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone know what kind of lights I can swap in? Starting on a custom chopped up front end. I Néed options...
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #52603
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Redline Lumitronix
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #52604
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj View Post
Anyone know what kind of lights I can swap in? Starting on a custom chopped up front end. I Néed options...
Are you wanting to keep the hi/low function or do you just want lights? You could just put some kc lights or led cubes in there if not.

With some fab you should be able to adapt almost any oem housing, but depending on what you use it could look very strange. You could use the opportunity to mount some hid projectors also.

If you want to still daily it youre kind of stuck with DOT lighting, or at least DOT looking lights since FL mostly doesnt care, but some cop on a fishing expidition will.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #52605
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan

Are you wanting to keep the hi/low function or do you just want lights? You could just put some kc lights or led cubes in there if not.

With some fab you should be able to adapt almost any oem housing, but depending on what you use it could look very strange. You could use the opportunity to mount some hid projectors also.

If you want to still daily it youre kind of stuck with DOT lighting, or at least DOT looking lights since FL mostly doesnt care, but some cop on a fishing expidition will.
I don't are about the hi-low function really ill get some small fogs for that but I want it to be legal or at least borderline. Should I just find what works and splice it in to the original harness?
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.