What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3506 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #52576
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks a lot for the info guys! Ill try to get an exact measurement later on. After some googling, I found that yes they are stock Jeep wheel but atleast theyre 15x8. And I was referring to backspacing, offset is the lingo of the ricers around here lol Sitting level they dont rub any where lock to lock but I have a feeling they will a little bit when stuffed so Ill have to persuade her to pick up some spacers soon

98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #52577
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post

I believe you are thinking of offset, which is the distance of the mounting surface from the wheels center, whether it be negative or positive. See that measurement a lot in aftermarket wheels for cars.

Backspacing is the measurment from the mounting surface to the inner edge of the wheel. Just the easiest way to tell how far a wheel will stick out, most all offroad type wheels are referred to in backspacing.

Offset is used too but its really not as user friendly in the offroad world. Those Gambler wheels are original equipment TJ wheels anyway.

@grandboost98 if you wanna know for sure, BS is easy to measure for. Pull a wheel off and take a tape measure from mounting surface to inner edge. Like this: (this is a steelie but same concept)
Well thank you Vegas, I honestly didn't know the difference. At -19 on a 15x8, my bs is roughly 3 1/4".
Unread 09-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #52578
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Well thank you Vegas, I honestly didn't know the difference. At -19 on a 15x8, my bs is roughly 3 1/4".
No prob! All that stuff can get confusing for sure.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #52579
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Yea Moabs are so sexy, hard to find around here unfortunately, and no one makes replicas anymore that Im aware of.

And @Spokes,
Im in a similar shape, my Cragars have gotten pretty roughed up this year. I know what you mean about the Ecco's not having a real lip, I hate a "flat" profile wheel (ie 60th anniversary wheels or similar) but the Eccos do dish out from the center enough to look good to me, and since they are the ones with the dark grey spokes, I think wrapped in my 32's with spacers they will look mean.

Im just starting to get sick of the Cragar look. At certain angles the Jeep looks like a fuggn skateboard or somethin haha. Every halfass thrown together XJ around here has them, and they serve their purpose perfect for me from a utilitarian standpoint, but since I have the Ecco's lying around might as well try them. I kinda dig the beefy stock look, and its been a loooong time since Ive done anything cosmetic to the Jeep.

Still toying with it tho, no matter what the chrome centercaps on the cragars are gettin plastidipped, cant stand it anymore.
Jeggs magazine they have the moabs not by mopar but a company makes them. They also come in black
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #52580
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Seeking qualified opinions here. In my recent D44 researching I have found that Dodge is the only one with the outer bits to maintain 5 on 4.5" lug pattern. Most of what I have seen says the bearings are pure garbage. Is this just a bunch of web wheeling, or fact? Are there any alternatives? What are you guys running? (SFR, AKIQpilot, anyone else I don't know of)
Unread 09-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #52581
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I used to own a Ram and had a myriad of front axle problems but like anything on the internet its probably greatly exaggetated.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #52582
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Shes off craigslist!
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #52583
ladytex70
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Had to use the defrost for the first time this morning..definitely can tell I had the heater core flushed when I did the radiator flush in June. Those windows cleared up quick Since I had the defroster on I decided to check the heat out to make sure I would have heat this winter and when I did this black crap came out of the vents..looks like some kind of plastic honeycomb filter. Any clue what it is?
ladytex70 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #52584
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

When I got her

now

Also updated the buildzzzz/bs thread.
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:38 PM   #52585
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Obviously , you haven't seen the price of coal , lately .
Ha!
Can you even buy coal in the US?? Can't imagine where ... well maybe WV

on mine:
Found a pristine campsite, near river, toilet... - but it seems to be on the wrong side of the tracks.

BTW - feedback on my old white grille on the new face (black trim & light bezels) ??
p1080455-snohomish-r-rxr-1a.jpg   p1080457-snohomish-r-rxr-1a.jpg  

Last edited by RacerX; 09-26-2013 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: ??
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #52586
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
Seeking qualified opinions here. In my recent D44 researching I have found that Dodge is the only one with the outer bits to maintain 5 on 4.5" lug pattern. Most of what I have seen says the bearings are pure garbage. Is this just a bunch of web wheeling, or fact? Are there any alternatives? What are you guys running? (SFR, AKIQpilot, anyone else I don't know of)
I'm no D44 expert . I did own a Dodge truck for years . When I first got it , I thought the front end felt loose . It really was compared to other brands of trucks I've had . Anyway , all new bearings and an alignment and there was absolutely no difference . I figure that front end was designed on Monday morning or late Friday afternoon because it was always loose as two marbles in a coffee can . Maybe they did it that way so the dirt could fall out easier , IDK .

Please , don't shoot me , but , I wonder if an Isuzu front end would or could be made to fit . I had an '89 with 31 - 10.50s that handled better than a lot of sports cars , even at 220+K miles .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #52587
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytex70 View Post
Had to use the defrost for the first time this morning..definitely can tell I had the heater core flushed when I did the radiator flush in June. Those windows cleared up quick Since I had the defroster on I decided to check the heat out to make sure I would have heat this winter and when I did this black crap came out of the vents..looks like some kind of plastic honeycomb filter. Any clue what it is?
That black stuff might be disintegrated ducting .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #52588
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Finally figured out why my speakers would quit working! the factory connector was all screwed up so i pulled the wires and hard wired everything and now i have speakers again!

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #52589
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95
When I got her

now

Also updated the buildzzzz/bs thread.
Taper that bumper! Good to hear your not selling it
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #52590
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytex70
Theres alot of foam insulation on the inside of the ducts. It falls apart very easily. Very poor design in my opinion. Its probably that coming apart.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.