What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 09-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #52546
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I should have just waited until the wife got home and gave it a jump .
Have the wife put the battery in place . She might enjoy a reward ^ .

pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #52547
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think Ima give them ****ing coal next year, the Jeep needs some new doo-dads.
Obviously , you haven't seen the price of coal , lately .
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #52548
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not yet but today im gonna build my draglink. Using 3/4" heims
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #52549
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Obviously , you haven't seen the price of coal , lately .
Nah man, Santas hookin me up with a solid discount.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #52550
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Nah man, Santas hookin me up with a solid discount.
Cool . When you see him tell him Thanks , for me .
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #52551
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Radio in my jeep is being weird... everything works but it only gives out bass to my sub only? The amp is on "power protect" mode. the ground and all wires to the amp are good. any ideas?

Played on a rock and a 35 and yes all 4 tires are on the ground... not to bad for short arms.

so much easier to crawl without the dam doors lol

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #52552
alexrule123
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ
This so hard. I hadn't even touched mine in a month, put it on craigslist to sell it, piston exploded, and once I started ripping the engine apart I regretted ever putting it on CL. Though my Jeep probably knew I was going to get rid of it and blew up just to spite me.
I feel you, I had to swap the motor in mine within 3 months of me owning it.
2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0L (DD)
May 2013 COTM
alexrule123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #52553
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Tossing around the idea of changing the look up a bit. Ive had a set of factory grey Ecco's stashed away for a few months now, been thinking of getting spacers, swapping my 32s over and running them for a while. The steelies bore me sometimes.

Any opinions? Just picture this:

With these:

Ill be keeping the Cragars around either way for when I go to 35s down the road. Just like the Eccos and since they are collecting dust, doesnt hurt to try em out.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #52554
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes
Radio in my jeep is being weird... everything works but it only gives out bass to my sub only? The amp is on "power protect" mode. the ground and all wires to the amp are good. any ideas? ]
My Alpine does that now and again. Powering the head unit down and back on (cycle the ignition) always fixes it for me. The only time my amp has gone into protect mode is when I had the settings out of whack. Some of these cats around here are pretty good with that stuff. Good luck.
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #52555
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Been window shopping the interwebz... no money to spend on the Jeep though, starting Christmas shopping early this year for the family. I think Ima give them ****ing coal next year, the Jeep needs some new doo-dads.
Same here. Ive been working like crazy but i wont get paid for a while. I got a few decent sized checks coming in soon enough though, but i gotta start saving for christmas too lol
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #52556
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Tossing around the idea of changing the look up a bit. Ive had a set of factory grey Ecco's stashed away for a few months now, been thinking of getting spacers, swapping my 32s over and running them for a while. The steelies bore me sometimes.

Any opinions? Just picture this:

With these:

Ill be keeping the Cragars around either way for when I go to 35s down the road. Just like the Eccos and since they are collecting dust, doesnt hurt to try em out.
I like the eccos. I was gonna go with moabs but my the wheel studs on my rear axles are too short. Forgot to lengthen them after i did the disk conversion. There long enough for steel, but not aluminum. But honestly i like the back spacing and width of the cragers. The only thing id probably ever change them for is AEV pintlers. But thats for when im a rich old man ( i never plan to get rid of this truck lol)
Unread 09-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #52557
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

On a side note jcr shipped out my missing parts. I really want to get this bumper on. In the past two days i was about 5 minutes away from being in to accidents at school. All it takes is a little fender bender and im replacing a header panel and radiator lol. I think ill be good with the bumper though lol.
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #52558
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
My Alpine does that now and again. Powering the head unit down and back on (cycle the ignition) always fixes it for me. The only time my amp has gone into protect mode is when I had the settings out of whack. Some of these cats around here are pretty good with that stuff. Good luck.
Some times it works for me and other times it doesnt. Hopefully someone can figure it out lol i didnt have time today to check it out cause of school but ill get around to it tomorrow and look over everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
I like the eccos. I was gonna go with moabs but my the wheel studs on my rear axles are too short. Forgot to lengthen them after i did the disk conversion. There long enough for steel, but not aluminum. But honestly i like the back spacing and width of the cragers. The only thing id probably ever change them for is AEV pintlers. But thats for when im a rich old man ( i never plan to get rid of this truck lol)
Ive been thinking the same thing since i have a set of Ravines sitting at home just getting dusty. my wheels are rusted around the edges from rock rash and the back 2 are bent. the one is pretty bad. Sucks things dont stay nice and shinny when you actually wheel em lol Im not the biggest fan of eccos cause they dont have any "dish" to em but its not my jeep. but i do love the look of a lifted jeep on stock wheels. now you got me wondering! dam u! lol

Oh and my jeep has that gangsta swagga lean about 2-3" to the right... its pretty bad.

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #52559
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Yea Moabs are so sexy, hard to find around here unfortunately, and no one makes replicas anymore that Im aware of.

And @Spokes,
Im in a similar shape, my Cragars have gotten pretty roughed up this year. I know what you mean about the Ecco's not having a real lip, I hate a "flat" profile wheel (ie 60th anniversary wheels or similar) but the Eccos do dish out from the center enough to look good to me, and since they are the ones with the dark grey spokes, I think wrapped in my 32's with spacers they will look mean.

Im just starting to get sick of the Cragar look. At certain angles the Jeep looks like a fuggn skateboard or somethin haha. Every halfass thrown together XJ around here has them, and they serve their purpose perfect for me from a utilitarian standpoint, but since I have the Ecco's lying around might as well try them. I kinda dig the beefy stock look, and its been a loooong time since Ive done anything cosmetic to the Jeep.

Still toying with it tho, no matter what the chrome centercaps on the cragars are gettin plastidipped, cant stand it anymore.
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
Unread 09-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #52560
AKIQPilot
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Red jeeps are beautiful. Me envy.

[CENTER][URL="https://www.youtube.com/user/AKIQPilot"]My Youtube Channel[/URL][/CENTER]
AKIQPilot is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.