What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3498 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #52456
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Just estimating, how much do you figure that'll cost?
I'll have almost $2500 in it by the time it's all said and done. I know that sounds like a fortune but it's less than a third of what a Dyna Track Pro Rock 44 would cost me.

The RCV axle shafts are $1300 of the cost.

AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #52457
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post

I'll have almost $2500 in it by the time it's all said and done. I know that sounds like a fortune but it's less than a third of what a Dyna Track Pro Rock 44 would cost me.

The RCV axle shafts are $1300 of the cost.
Dynatrac is exactly what I was thinking. I saw the Currie 9's are in your price slot, but I think they're all aluminum.
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #52458
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Guess what I found today..... I've been searching high and low for the last couple of weeks and I finally found another High Pinion Dana 44 out of a 1979 F250. It was at the bottom of a pile of axles a local wrecking yard. The guy was sure he didn't have one. I searched through about 30 axles and almost gave up. At the last minute I noticed something with trees and alders growing up through it. I said, Hmm, I think thats the axle I am looking for. I cut the bushed down and sure enough it was exactly what I wanted. An exact match to my existing axle.

I went back in the office and grabbed the guy and took him out to the pile. He said $200 and it's yours.

I'm going to go the full monty on this axle. Knuckle to knuckle axle truss, Reid Racing outer knuckles, Flat top high steer arms, RCV shafts, Ruff Stuff brackets and cover, PCS hydraulic ram and 5.38 gears. I'll have some money tied up in it when it's all done but I won't have to wory about my front axle any more. Should be pretty solid when I'm done.
No locker? 30spline outers?
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #52459
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post
No locker? 30spline outers?
The RCV's come 30 spline outer and I already have a locker. If I buy a different locker than the one I have it will be an ARB so add +or- $600 to the $2500 I already budgeted.

I have wheeled the complete crap out of my Spartan locker up front and I am happily surprised at how it's held up. When I go to bigger tires I think it will be time for an ARB.

I will be building two HP44 F250 axles at the same time so I will take lots of pictures and post them in my build/wheel thread.
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #52460
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Guess what I found today..... I've been searching high and low for the last couple of weeks and I finally found another High Pinion Dana 44 out of a 1979 F250. It was at the bottom of a pile of axles a local wrecking yard. The guy was sure he didn't have one. I searched through about 30 axles and almost gave up. At the last minute I noticed something with trees and alders growing up through it. I said, Hmm, I think thats the axle I am looking for. I cut the bushed down and sure enough it was exactly what I wanted. An exact match to my existing axle.

I went back in the office and grabbed the guy and took him out to the pile. He said $200 and it's yours.

I'm going to go the full monty on this axle. Knuckle to knuckle axle truss, Reid Racing outer knuckles, Flat top high steer arms, RCV shafts, Ruff Stuff brackets and cover, PCS hydraulic ram and 5.38 gears. I'll have some money tied up in it when it's all done but I won't have to wory about my front axle any more. Should be pretty solid when I'm done.
79 is cast you don't want that. Worst year . Find anotherbyearmbthere stronger sorry if I typo captain morgan had an influence on it. But :79 no good Mr Alaska

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #52461
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
79 is cast you don't want that. Worst year . Find anotherbyearmbthere stronger sorry if I typo captain morgan had an influence on it. But :79 no good Mr Alaska
Lmfao you sound like the hispanic maid from Family Guy.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #52462
AKIQPilot

2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Are you talking about the center section? Don't most Dana 44's have cast center sections?

The '79 F250 has the perfect width I need, it has 3" tubes with 1/2" wall thickness. I already have one that I have wheeled hard for 2 years with no issues what so ever except breaking a steering u-joint a couple of times.

I'm not worried at all about the strength of the '79 F250 HP 44. It's proven to be able to handle all I can throw at it so far.
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #52463
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

The RCV's come 30 spline outer and I already have a locker. If I buy a different locker than the one I have it will be an ARB so add +or- $600 to the $2500 I already budgeted.

I have wheeled the complete crap out of my Spartan locker up front and I am happily surprised at how it's held up. When I go to bigger tires I think it will be time for an ARB.

I will be building two HP44 F250 axles at the same time so I will take lots of pictures and post them in my build/wheel thread.
o, didn't see you already had a locker for the 44. Mines currently welded up front because I tossed all my money into the shafts and I joints.
2013 COTY
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #52464
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Are you talking about the center section? Don't most Dana 44's have cast center sections?

The '79 F250 has the perfect width I need, it has 3" tubes with 1/2" wall thickness. I already have one that I have wheeled hard for 2 years with no issues what so ever except breaking a steering u-joint a couple of times.

I'm not worried at all about the strength of the '79 F250 HP 44. It's proven to be able to handle all I can throw at it so far.
He means cast mounts, instead of the welded mounts
2013 COTY
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #52465
DunmerBoy
eXJpedition

1998 XJ Cherokee 

I need to destress and work on the XJ, is there anything i can do like adjustment wise to get me wrenching on it without spending money? haha

College Student in Genetics, Jeeper and musician

- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #52466
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
I need to destress and work on the XJ, is there anything i can do like adjustment wise to get me wrenching on it without spending money? haha
Go check your motor mount bolts
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #52467
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
Pull your throttle body and give it a good cleaning. Just make sure you remove the sensors before you start cleaning it.

Easy to get to, easy to remove/reinstall and pretty easy to clean all the burned crap off of.
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #52468
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post

Pull your throttle body and give it a good cleaning. Just make sure you remove the sensors before you start cleaning it.

Easy to get to, easy to remove/reinstall and pretty easy to clean all the burned crap off of.
That's a good one. Pull your air filter and clean the box.
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #52469
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Delete
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #52470
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by youreverydayxj View Post
delete
y?
2013 COTY

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.