What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3468 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Reply
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #52006
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississppi
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I used to run a welding shop with a friend of mine before I joined the military, ironically our only real contract was with a lawn maintenance company modifying and repairing their trailers. Never made any money but had a bunch of fun, once I get established in a house with a big enough garage I have a feeling all my friends and jeep club comrades will be knocking on my garage doors for just such projects.
Hmm , we'll be heading through Alabama in another month or so . will you have that garage door working by then ?

Just kidding . But I wish you the best in landing a home with a nice four stall garage and maybe a barn out back .

__________________
1995 Cherokee Country .
http://forums.commonbiker.com/
Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #52007
BlueBadger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Somerset, KY
Posts: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm

Hmm , we'll be heading through Alabama in another month or so . will you have that garage door working by then ?

Just kidding . But I wish you the best in landing a home with a nice four stall garage and maybe a barn out back .
Or even a half barn will do nicely. Lo Alll joking aside, good luck man. Buying a home and piece of land was the best thing I ever did!!
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #52008
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 1,818
I close tomorrow on my first house, but its on a golf course so its not my dream home in the country but nobody gets their dream home first go around.

I pray everything goes well at the closing table and I get the keys to my new house!
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #52009
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississppi
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I close tomorrow on my first house, but its on a golf course so its not my dream home in the country but nobody gets their dream home first go around.

I pray everything goes well at the closing table and I get the keys to my new house!
Golf course ??? Well , maybe you can help them develop their 'rough' areas .

We just closed on a refinance for the rental we own ( gained 2.5% interest rate ) and all went very smooth . I think the Obama 'directive' to increase home ownership might be playing a part in the ease of gaining or solidifying such .

Hopefully they won't find that bank robbery record you've been hiding . JK , of course . Best of fortune to you .
__________________
1995 Cherokee Country .
http://forums.commonbiker.com/
Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #52010
smallblock
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Huntsville, Texas
Posts: 5
Well im fixing to replace all my freeze plugs which means removing the intake manifold just for the one that you can't get too thats behind the header! But since Im going to remove all that i might as well replace the valve cover gasket, header gasket and the real fun one, oil pan gasket. I'll start on it in the morning at 7:00am and I'll be driving it by 11:00am providing I don't get side tracked with some other honey-do!
smallblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #52011
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 5,959
what do you guys think would be the best thing to wire my efan into so it comes on when the jeep is running. i wanna keep the toggle switch so i can turn off if needed.
__________________

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #52012
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississppi
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
what do you guys think would be the best thing to wire my efan into so it comes on when the jeep is running. i wanna keep the toggle switch so i can turn off if needed.
Go to the auto parts store and buy a thermostatically controlled switch . They work great and are adjustable for your preferences / needs . I did that to my Dakota and never looked back . I paid about 17 bucks for it at Autozone .
I had it wired direct to the battery .
__________________
1995 Cherokee Country .
http://forums.commonbiker.com/
Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #52013
rugsucka
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sumware Inn, Ontario
Posts: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
Well im fixing to replace all my freeze plugs which means removing the intake manifold just for the one that you can't get too thats behind the header! But since Im going to remove all that i might as well replace the valve cover gasket, header gasket and the real fun one, oil pan gasket. I'll start on it in the morning at 7:00am and I'll be driving it by 11:00am providing I don't get side tracked with some other honey-do!
You will not finish by 11am, lunch, or possibly even by dinner.
__________________
'00 XJ - Somewhat modified
'01 Venture - high mileage, paid for, shut it
rugsucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #52014
zetsubou-jeep
Registered User
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: colo. city, colorado
Posts: 299
Dose anybody know if you can re key the lock on the rear hatch to match my key someone hammered a screwdriver through mine so I need a new one and I don't want to carry a third key for it
zetsubou-jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #52015
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 5,959
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post

Go to the auto parts store and buy a thermostatically controlled switch . They work great and are adjustable for your preferences / needs . I did that to my Dakota and never looked back . I paid about 17 bucks for it at Autozone .
I had it wired direct to the battery .
Would you happen to have a part number??



Also took the doors off and took the gf to get some ice cream. She also loves doorless
__________________

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #52016
Spokes
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 5,959
Delete
__________________

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #52017
Metro55
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 541
Finally able to check my steering box.. it's been making some creeking noises, and I already knew it has only been held on with 2/3 bolts, so I wanted to see what was going on. It's twisting pretty bad... here it's a video lol..

I plan to replace all 3 bolts with grade 8 and replace the spacer with a beefier steel one

__________________
.,_____,====,
//__l_l_,\____\,_____
l_,--\_l__l_/--|llllll|
,(●)_),,,,,,(●)_)--o-)_) ,,, 2000 XJ - 4.5" w/ LA's & Locked on 32's
Metro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #52018
pdcomm
Registered User
1995 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Beach, Mississppi
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
Would you happen to have a part number??



Also took the doors off and took the gf to get some ice cream. She also loves doorless
I don't recall the exact name or part # , but , this is real close to what I used on my Dakota . Same set up . I installed the probe inside the upper radiator hose instead of between the fins .

http://www.amazon.com/Hayden-Automot.../dp/B000C39C6I

__________________
1995 Cherokee Country .
http://forums.commonbiker.com/
Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #52019
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 1,818
I did the tennis ball bump stop mod...
image-3236919768.jpg

__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #52020
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper
 
VegasGT's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Leitchfield, KY
Posts: 3,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
I did the tennis ball bump stop mod...
Lol thats legit.
__________________
- '99 XJ -
Lifted, Locked, Stiffened
4.5"/35's

July 2013 COTM
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.