Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#68,427 ·
#68,433 ·
Question for our resident gurus.

Ever since I relocated my vacuum reservoir, my cruise control doesn't want to hold. Meaning I'll set it @ ~60mph and over a few miles (more or less) it'll slowly drop off to 50-55.

Don't know if it'll keep dropping because at about this point I'll hit the gas, it'll kick down, accelerate back to the original set point and the process starts over again.

What did I do? Pinch or split a vacuum line? On an '88 4 liter, does the vacuum reservoir have a right & wrong way to go in? Didn't see any markings on the ports, could have the lines reversed from original.

Any ideas welcome.

#68,434 ·

Ever since I relocated my vacuum reservoir, my cruise control doesn't want to hold. Meaning I'll set it @ ~60mph and over a few miles (more or less) it'll slowly drop off to 50-55.

Don't know if it'll keep dropping because at about this point I'll hit the gas, it'll kick down, accelerate back to the original set point and the process starts over again.

What did I do? Pinch or split a vacuum line? On an '88 4 liter, does the vacuum reservoir have a right & wrong way to go in? Didn't see any markings on the ports, could have the lines reversed from original.

Any ideas welcome.
I'm no pro, but perhaps the reservoir is cracked/leaking pressure.

#68,439 ·

Any ideas welcome.
It does sound like you have a leak. Which port doesnt matter.