Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

5M views 94K replies 3K participants last post by  shooptube 
#1 · (Edited)
seriously, one of these threads needs to stay alive in the XJ/MJ section and what better time to get a real one going then now with the creation of the XJ/MJ GD. now, lets keep this going.

for me, all i did today was take pictures of my newly cut front bumper.

picture a few posts down.

#68,181 ·
#68,182 ·
Ive been wanting to cut, fold, and rivet my back panels, but ive been playing in the door jam with the door lock and window wires. Pulled boot back and YAAAAA!!!! had like 5 broke wire i thought i was bout to be riding with the wind in my hair but i fixed em and still nothing. The search continues.
You might try pulling the switch apart and cleaning the internal contacts .

Really doesn't take a lot to insulate those tiny 'points' .

I just finished the same operation on a '95 Mustang convertible . Windows wouldn't go up or down ; same with the top . Just dirty contacts .

#68,184 ·
Had some fun walking off the highway today. I was a day away from new 33s. Instead I need two new Goodyear F1s :mad:

I walked home, grabbed the Jeep loaded my jack and a cop car wheel. Got the Jeep dirty driving on the embankment to the car

Party in the front, authority in the back

Jeep is now doing DD duty. As a reward I got home and dropped the hitch and heat shield and installed my ZJ tank skid.
Had to notch the edge of the skid so the hitch would fit back on. Once that was buttoned up I put the bumper brackets back on.
Tomorrow I plan to put a stock bumper on until I buy a trail bumper.

I think the ZJ skid hangs lower than an XJ one by about an inch

#68,186 ·
thats a nice looking jeep! :2thumbsup:
Thanks man :cheers2:

Will those zj seats let your seat go back farther than the stock ones cause be awesome
You have to use your xj rails on the zj seats so they don't go back any further. They actually sit 1/2in higher too, i'm 6'3 and i'd say if your any taller I wouldn't do it.

#68,187 ·
You might try pulling the switch apart and cleaning the internal contacts .

Really doesn't take a lot to insulate those tiny 'points' .

I just finished the same operation on a '95 Mustang convertible . Windows wouldn't go up or down ; same with the top . Just dirty contacts .
Thats what i was thinking, but they dont work on any door. I hit all the solder points on switch which stopped the lights on switch from flickering but not much else but the points did look dirty. Ive been taking pictures so hopefully i can put out a successful write up and not just documenting my failure.:brickwall

#68,188 ·
Thats what i was thinking, but they dont work on any door. I hit all the solder points on switch which stopped the lights on switch from flickering but not much else but the points did look dirty. Ive been taking pictures so hopefully i can put out a successful write up and not just documenting my failure.:brickwall
Even if what you do doesn't work , I'm sure it'll help find the cause .
The community mind can be an amazing thing .

#68,192 ·
Had some fun walking off the highway today. I was a day away from new 33s. Instead I need two new Goodyear F1s :mad:

I walked home, grabbed the Jeep loaded my jack and a cop car wheel. Got the Jeep dirty driving on the embankment to the car

Party in the front, authority in the back

Jeep is now doing DD duty. As a reward I got home and dropped the hitch and heat shield and installed my ZJ tank skid.
Had to notch the edge of the skid so the hitch would fit back on. Once that was buttoned up I put the bumper brackets back on.
Tomorrow I plan to put a stock bumper on until I buy a trail bumper.

I think the ZJ skid hangs lower than an XJ one by about an inch
What happened to the F1s and why are you flexing on a stump?

#68,196 ·
Any tips and or pointers on getting this new harmonic balancer on?
Push it on by hand as far as you can. If you can't start the original bolt you may need a slightly longer one to start pulling it on. When it's on enough to use the factory bolt just torque it to factory spec