What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3407 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #51091
DezertTJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

I don't know about that, the toy axle can take 40s in stock form, and makes the 8.8 looks like **** as far as clearance

I <3 rockrash
The 8 is a good axle, just look up the specs on it. But it is 30 spline and its metric fittings for brakes. Plus 6x5.5 pattern. Just weigh the pros and cons before you do it. I was going to do an 8 swap with my tj, but decided to stick with an 8.8 instead

Quote:
Iím very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany
DezertTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #51092
Teej
Brandon <3's Alcohol

2001 XJ Cherokee 

I entered my Jeep in a small contest on Instagram. Contest is run by xj_4x4. If you guys would be so kind, could you vote for my Jeep? Thanks for any and all help. Linky: http://instagram.com/p/b7iOc8ERBV/
Teej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #51093
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokes
Gave it a good bath. Wish i had a garage and AC so i could wax it haha and yes that is what our driveway always looks like haha
Chili Dog stand 50 yards away for the win!
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #51094
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
Chili Dog stand 50 yards away for the win!
Haha i saw that too
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #51095
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

So just found out I need to swap intakes in order to mount a WJ steering pump. In other words thats not gonna happen tomorrow. Currently the truck is sitting in the garage without a belt. May just leave it like that till I can get someone to look at it tomorrow night. Side note, I really need to learn how to plan things out better.
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #51096
BlueBadger

So havn't done anything to mine in quite some time. Works been crazy 70-80 hour weeks. Plus been doing a lot of long-range shooting In what little free time I do have. Should have the new clutch In this weekend and as far as I know that's all that's left. So hopefully I will be driving it again. Be the first time since last fall and will then start to update my build thread.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #51097
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89

Should be, i took mine in to get shortened and balanced and it was done in under 2 hours. And i had the u joints done too.
They said they would try to get to it tomorrow. When I walked in all the guys were sitting on their *** doing nothing

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #51098
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
So just found out I need to swap intakes in order to mount a WJ steering pump. In other words thats not gonna happen tomorrow. Currently the truck is sitting in the garage without a belt. May just leave it like that till I can get someone to look at it tomorrow night. Side note, I really need to learn how to plan things out better.
whats the advantage of the WJ pump?
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #51099
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9

They said they would try to get to it tomorrow. When I walked in all the guys were sitting on their *** doing nothing

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Well good luck lol
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #51100
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan

whats the advantage of the WJ pump?
From what I have read it has a higher flowrate. Apparently people have done it with success with up to 35s. I was looking at it since mines slowly dying, and had some extra money so figured id buy it while the belts already off lol
Unread 07-19-2013, 05:58 AM   #51101
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89
It only works with the newer intake I take it? My pump is also starting to go, could be a worthwhile swap, and there's a few more WJs around the yard here.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #51102
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan
Bought it a snorkel, 100$ from a local club member, is not name brand or anything but it feels solid and looks good.
I'll buy it from you for 101 haha

I threw a new distributer cap and button in mine no more miss or check engine light.
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #51103
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
It only works with the newer intake I take it? My pump is also starting to go, could be a worthwhile swap, and there's a few more WJs around the yard here.

'00 XJ not quite there..
I believe its a direct bolt to the newer HO intakes. Or closer to bolt on i guess. Im still confused as to what is involved to do the swap. I still have not found a clear answer. Some people say its the same pump footprint as the HO's, but you need to rig up a set of lines as far as I know. And also people have been describing a constant whine, which can possibly be solved by a in line cooler.
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #51104
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
And also people have been describing a constant whine, which can possibly be solved by a in line cooler.
My OEM pump , with 199K on it , has an almost constant whine .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #51105
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post

I believe its a direct bolt to the newer HO intakes. Or closer to bolt on i guess. Im still confused as to what is involved to do the swap. I still have not found a clear answer. Some people say its the same pump footprint as the HO's, but you need to rig up a set of lines as far as I know. And also people have been describing a constant whine, which can possibly be solved by a in line cooler.
By having the HO in my XJ, would I possibly already have the better pump?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.