What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3402 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-14-2013, 11:40 PM   #51016
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post

Optima red top dry cell battery
Xs power

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #51017
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Rough day today, but i did manage to get the carpet in the truck, so all in all a good day i suppose. Insulation turned out great. No gaps, and fit very snuggly. Carpet was a total bear in everyway possible lol. Ended up cutting out too much by the stick and the t case lever. But ill patch it up, its not that bad im over it now. I was pissed when i realized it lol.

Attachment 646131

Attachment 646132
Looks nice
Tidy

What particular type is that silver insulation is that you are using on the floor?

- I've got everything from Al foil (trans hump), windshield reflective screen cut & glued inside door panels (and soon more) and space blanket ...

that stuff you have looks thicker
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #51018
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX

Looks nice
Tidy

What particular type is that silver insulation is that you are using on the floor?

- I've got everything from Al foil (trans hump), windshield reflective screen cut & glued inside door panels (and soon more) and space blanket ...

that stuff you have looks thicker
Its called ez cool insulation. Its probably 3/8 thick . To thick for the door panels, but perfect for everything else if you ask me. The space blanket is a good idea lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #51019
DunmerBoy
Desert Explorer

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT
Wife was messing around with a silver sharpie and I got intrigued, stole it and did the Jeep logo on my steering wheel.
Those are some amazing coloring inside the lines skills D:
COTM October 2014
- Build Thread -
DunmerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #51020
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post

I had to laugh, only cuz one of you "hard-core" guys took something black and made it shine.
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #51021
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Optima red top dry cell battery
Diehard Platinum /discussion

Ever since Johnson Controls bought Optima their quality has been junk, we buy them by the pallet at work (were an OEM), I cant count the number of their blue tops we had returned for warranty or never pasted our testing. Before JC bought them out we never had a problem.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #51022
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post

Ever since Johnson Controls bought Optima their quality has been junk, we buy them by the pallet at work (were an OEM), I cant count the number of their blue tops we had returned for warranty or never pasted our testing. Before JC bought them out we never had a problem.
The blue tops are prone to failure cuz they're a marine model, but because of its higher rated statistics, people try to use them as a super battery and **** them up.
I had heard they were lower quality now. Glad I got mine before the "Canadians" screwed that up too. Idk if it was Canadians. I was just reflecting.
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #51023
cjcocn
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtro View Post
I bought an xj!
congrats

pics?

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport; 4x4; 4 door; auto transmission; 4.0L incline 6 cyl.
cjcocn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #51024
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Interstate

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #51025
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

got the 8.8 in and flexed it out, just gotta trim the rear quarter panel on the pass side like the drivers and no rub

Unread 07-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #51026
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post

+1 Optimas are junk now that production has been changed to Mexico. The guys at Advance and Autozone said they get tons of them back for warranty. My yellow top died at exactly 1.5 years old. My friend's yellow top died after a year. He has had his second one for about 6 months so far.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #51027
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ View Post
I hope you have, or start a build thread. I am really interested in doing the same to mine but haven't had any experience with a stroker before.

'00 XJ not quite there..
my only build thread is on Expedition Portal in the jeep section, thread title Project Brooke. havent updated in awhile cause I havent touched the Jeep lately. should get back on it soon. there is also a website dedicated to building a jeep stroker. think its just jeepstrokers.com or something. I may start a new thread on here again, we'll see, depends how fast the build goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CleanTJ View Post
my strobes with control box in ashtray area of center console
but where does the spare change go?
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #51028
longtro
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcocn View Post
congrats

pics?
once I get it on the trails..

today I will fill the tank for the first time and go by the shop and borrow the compression tester.
longtro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #51029
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunmerBoy View Post
Haha I nearly had an anuerysm from concentrating so hard.

And thank for battery suggestions guys. Ive ran an Optima yellowtop in the trunk of my foxbody a few years ago. Liked it but its more than I need for this application. I too had heard of their QC issues now, so that was ruled out anyway.

Ill check around on Diehard or an Interstate. Ive got a couple weeks before my next wheeling trip to get it figured out.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #51030
ScottD16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

torqued down a bunch of suspension and steering components and adjusted the steering box. Jeep drives a lot better, everything was so loose.
[B][U][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Yellow"]JEEP BUILD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] better late than never [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/[/URL]

I like to do the photography [B][U][SIZE="4"]Flickr[/SIZE][/U][/B]- [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/[/URL]

wheeling pictures and other random stuff [SIZE="4"][B][U]Photobucket[/U][/B][/SIZE] [URL="http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/"]http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/[/URL]
ScottD16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.