What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3397 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #50941
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive View Post
I dunno, I'm in love with these tires even without the wheels. Lol
I never liked the look of them in catalogs and I was skeptical of them when they came in at work, but that disappeared entirely once I got em mounted. For 37s and under I'll never run another tire now though, even on the road.

If I could afford to build full width axles I'd run em in a wide 39 or 42 in a heartbeat if they made them that big. They're hands down the best tires I've ever had on or off road, mud or all terrain. Can't speak for in the snow though yet.

Unread 07-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #50942
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
No it's not, looks like a type of serial connector. Probably lost in there years ago or you have a police edition xj?
Police edition??? I know the Air Force had several Cherokees in desert bases eg. Area 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm View Post
Maybe it belonged to James Bond and had a few 'extras' the rig needed a computer for .
Doesn't say 'Q' on it? but who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskeenan View Post
it kind of looks like an old LPT printer cable. Could also be the flux capacitor cable.
too many wires for LPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ99XJ View Post
x2 flux capacitor cord!
X3, ... unless the PO was ??? IDK
I thought it went to the engine computer, but that end was just cut off when I got too it.
Maybe it's a Mystery Machine :-)
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #50943
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I just popped a boner srf...
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #50944
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFRautomotive

I dunno, I'm in love with these tires even without the wheels. Lol
They look like the perfect fit. I'm jelly.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #50945
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm

It can be done , for a while .

When I was about your age ( 20 at the time ) , I worked at Pizza Hut ; I was a bell hop at a large hotel ; I drove a 30 foot construction truck and had 14 credit hours going at college . All at the same time . I was indestructible until it caught up to me and I started missing classes ( not good ) . I dropped Pizza Hut and the driving job . I was having too much fun at the hotel , so I cut a few hours there but stayed on . Life was much better .
Wow lol. I bet that was insane. But in my case at least im not in school yet, and i dont really have a life anyway i bet that hotel was a blast lol
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #50946
lostatindo
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Installed my CB. Anyone know how I can land the wire in a spare fuse location at the kick panel?

Attachment 645311
lostatindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #50947
1CleanTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

decided to remove my grille strobe control unit from under the dash (kept hitting it getting in and out) to inside the ashtray in the center console. All wires hidden of course
1CleanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #50948
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Took my buddy out wheeling tonight. He had fun lol. Hes a hotrod guy so he dosent get away from the strip much . And i loaded it up with tools for tomorrow.
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #50949
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Wow lol. I bet that was insane. But in my case at least im not in school yet, and i dont really have a life anyway i bet that hotel was a blast lol
Insane ? Well , at the time it made a lot of sense and money . It also wore me out and toward the end , I was useless as an battery acid soaked grease rag . But I had the experience and the money , just not a lot of energy or will to do anything more that breath , sleep ( a lot ) and eat .

Looking back , yeah it was just a little insane , but fun while it lasted .

And , yes . The hotel gig was a riot . Specially on the weekends . Parties , women , poker in the back room ( almost always a game somewhere ) and the service elevator was a very interesting place ( I learned much in that small space ) .
The wide variety of people that worked there really made the experience . I wouldn't trade it .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:18 PM   #50950
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Question for you guys, the other day I raped my tired battery on the beach, so I went and got a new one, it was in need, but now, my alternator cuts off after running for a little while, connections to the battery are good, could it be a loose wire? Or do I need a new alt.
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #50951
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Always check that the ground connections are clean and tight . Very simple and important .

Most auto parts stores will test alternators , free .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #50952
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Always check that the ground connections are clean and tight . Very simple and important .

Most auto parts stores will test alternators , free .
Might go get that test done, waiting for the rain to slack off first lol
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #50953
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:

Insane ? Well , at the time it made a lot of sense and money . It also wore me out and toward the end , I was useless as an battery acid soaked grease rag . But I had the experience and the money , just not a lot of energy or will to do anything more that breath , sleep ( a lot ) and eat .

Looking back , yeah it was just a little insane , but fun while it lasted .

And , yes . The hotel gig was a riot . Specially on the weekends . Parties , women , poker in the back room ( almost always a game somewhere ) and the service elevator was a very interesting place ( I learned much in that small space ) .
The wide variety of people that worked there really made the experience . I wouldn't trade it .
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #50954
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

did what to your battery? does it sting, and I wouldn't be bragging that I could fit in those holes.
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #50955
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsucka
did what to your battery? does it sting, and I wouldn't be bragging that I could fit in those holes.
we killed it on the beach the other day, my amp and radio dranied it good... That and I probably drowned my alternator in salt water... So yeah.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.