What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3394 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #50896
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshharris98xj

I appreciate it, what is that job you do on the side? Before this phone call today I actually went today about a job to be a contractor to take care of government housing. I saw a while back something about you am your dad working on about the same thing.
Well on my own i have been cutting lawns in the summer since like 8th grade. So i do that an small landscaping jobs. And then for like two years ive been doing other odd jobs. And just recently i started doing a little bit of HVAC work with my dad. He knows alot about all trades basically, so i have always been doing random side jobs with him for as long as i can remember lol. But right now we have alot more of that work because of the storm.

JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #50897
Joshharris98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89

Well on my own i have been cutting lawns in the summer since like 8th grade. So i do that an small landscaping jobs. And then for like two years ive been doing other odd jobs. And just recently i started doing a little bit of HVAC work with my dad. He knows alot about all trades basically, so i have always been doing random side jobs with him for as long as i can remember lol. But right now we have alot more of that work because of the storm.
That's what I figured, my dad can build a house single handily and had a handy man business while I was a kid I worked with him and have learned allot so I was working on becoming a contractor before all this good news.
Joshharris98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #50898
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Discovered I could use some new leaf springs

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-2570334680.jpg

Unread 07-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #50899
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

image-1414070259.jpg

Rustoleum hammered brush on paint. Kinda wish I would have done black instead. Oh well, it needs some touch up already, and it's bound to get ****ed up soon enough. Next up: tie ins.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #50900
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89

Wish i had some of that low humidity, its been crazy here for like a week
Same here. 2 nice humid *** days. 2 weeks of liquid sunshine!!! Bleh!
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #50901
BlueBadger

Quote:
Go in tomorrow to hopefully start my new job at a Chrysler jeep and dodge dealer. I have been after the guy for a while and looks like I might just have the job. I'm super stoaked, I can turn this in to a career
Good luck man!
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #50902
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureverydayXJ

Rustoleum hammered brush on paint. Kinda wish I would have done black instead. Oh well, it needs some touch up already, and it's bound to get ****ed up soon enough. Next up: tie ins.

'00 XJ not quite there..
Nice job man.
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #50903
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:

That's what I figured, my dad can build a house single handily and had a handy man business while I was a kid I worked with him and have learned allot so I was working on becoming a contractor before all this good news.
Thats cool. My dad was a mechanical contractor, which is like the same kinda thing. He gave up his business to join the police force when i came along. I always really liked doing stuff like that but cant decide if its something i want to do for the rest of my life.
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #50904
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger

Nice job man.
Thanks. It's far from perfect, but once I get these tie ins done I can at least get back to wheelin!

'00 XJ not quite there..
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #50905
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Drove 70 miles with the battery light on, not sure if the alt is charging or not. Decided to park it for a few days any do some maintenance and drive my Toyota.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #50906
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Well since we were talking about jobs i found this to be fitting. Oddly enough maybe 30 minutes after my last post i found out that i will FINALLY be starting doing HVAC work for my dads friend who owns his own business. Still doing everything else, but this is alot more steady and could very well lead somewhere. Im going tomorrow so he can show me around the current site and talk about what he wants me to do. Pretty excited! More jeep money!
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #50907
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I always really liked doing stuff like that but cant decide if its something i want to do for the rest of my life.
I've never seen it written anywhere that once you start an occupation that's what you have to do for life .
We only get one shot at this thing we call life . Do what makes you happy and when that doesn't anymore fine what does and do that .
It makes you a lot easier to live with . And when it's all over , you can leave with a smile .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #50908
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
BTW... I noticed that your trim rings (trim plastic between the door handle and door panel) is Black.
You painted that, right?
did you also paint the latch plate / frame?

Looks nice !
I'm considering it now.. :-)

my plastic-chrome colored trim is ... old. :-/
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #50909
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcomm

I've never seen it written anywhere that once you start an occupation that's what you have to do for life .
We only get one shot at this thing we call life . Do what makes you happy and when that doesn't anymore fine what does and do that .
It makes you a lot easier to live with . And when it's all over , you can leave with a smile .
Very good advice, i appreciate it. I worded that the wrong way i think though. I do enjoy that type of work alot, however im unsure if i want to continue to do it as a job in the long run. I will always do hands on work of whatever type( its in my blood lol), but im just not sure if i will be happy HAVING to do it. And also i would like to stick to one trade professionally in the future. Which is why i am excited about my very recently acquired job.
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #50910
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX

BTW... I noticed that your trim rings (trim plastic between the door handle and door panel) is Black.
You painted that, right?
did you also paint the latch plate / frame?

Looks nice !
I'm considering it now.. :-)

my plastic-chrome colored trim is ... old. :-/
You bet! And thank you. I also painted the speaker grills. Still not sure how i feel about it. I wanted to paint the bottom carpet black with the duplicolor vinyl/fabric which works awesome. I still may. And since the armrest and window cranks are a different color gray i may have to paint them down the road. It gets dirty fast too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.