What did you do to your XJ/MJ today? - Page 3389 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > What did you do to your XJ/MJ today?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 07-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #50821
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBadger View Post
I bought 2 ar's from them around the first of the year. They came over here for a gun show. The only ones in the whole dang place NOT to jack up the prices! So instead of paying double for 1 I bought 2. Very nice guys. They also were refusing to sell to any other dealers there!!

As far as carrying daily. I'm a strong supporter of that as well. I either have my Glock 23 or my Springfield Armory 1911 loaded (loaded is the model, and they are always loaded!) on me at al times!
Yea they are a good group of guys, no BS about em.

And nice choices, Ive got a G22 I winter carry, but I have a thing for wheelguns. Ive got a few medium frame revolver (Ruger, S&W, etc) but believe it or not I have a little Taurus 85 (small frame 38 snub) that I am just in love with, its never too far from me. Just a good little gun.

BACK on topic:

This week Im going to try and start on the rear quarter cut n fold to make the room for a near future bumper build. Next weekend ride is the 28th so I definitely need the quarters up by then, I nearly crunched them last time.

July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #50822
dlancer
2003 KJ Liberty 

I could not stand it anymore. We have had rain here in the Cincinnati area for the last 12 days. It wasn't raining this morning so I cleaned up the XJ figureing it would rain before the day was out. My brother and I took our Jeeps to a local show instead of our low mileage turbo Dodges and we both won trophies in our class. The best thing is it has not rained all day today! I was quite shocked I won the award.
dlancer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM   #50823
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95
Installed my CBradio today
Almost looks factory installed
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #50824
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ordered some 3/4 x 3/4 Heims and misalignment spacers and threaded inserts to build a trac bar

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 07-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #50825
VegasGT
Rustler of Jimmies

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95 View Post
Clean install!! Props man!
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #50826
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Getting a sticker that says "I drive over stuff" it will either be fore the windshield or hatch Lolol, at the beach wheeling Oregon inlet,
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #50827
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95 View Post
most excellent install
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #50828
fedx95
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie

most excellent install
Thanks everyone, it looks really nice in the dark as well. I should have snapped a picture. It wasnt that hard but it requires some creative thinking to make space back there.
fedx95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #50829
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
looks very nice, and clean.
how's the dash?

Mine?
covered the trans hump with Al. Almost ready to replace the console
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #50830
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX

looks very nice, and clean.
how's the dash?
Didnt touch the dash yet. I still have to move the headunit out some in order for it to clear the bezel. It has a fold down face so it dosen't fold down all the way where it sits currently. I also if not use the din mount so i have no way to attach the headunit bezel to the headunit. Did that make sense?
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #50831
pdcomm
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I'm letting Mother Nature wash the old girl today . I have to say , she looks great when she is wet .

Goes around , comes around .
pdcomm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #50832
RacerX
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Didnt touch the dash yet. I still have to move the headunit out some in order for it to clear the bezel. It has a fold down face so it dosen't fold down all the way where it sits currently. I also if not use the din mount so i have no way to attach the headunit bezel to the headunit. Did that make sense?
Well.... unfortunately, I know exactly what you're talking about.
Even though my radio fit, what seemed to be perfectly, I had to do a bit of cutting to get the dash-instrument cover to fit back on.
Just little tab type pieces in the way of nearly flush brackets ...!

just get a razor knife and some kind of grinder (I prefer a Dremel but even a drill with cutoff wheel works good)
You can use a heat gun (or G/Fs hairdryer) if you want/need to bend a little. careful!
RacerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #50833
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedx95
Nicely done!!
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #50834
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT

Yea they are a good group of guys, no BS about em.

And nice choices, Ive got a G22 I winter carry, but I have a thing for wheelguns. Ive got a few medium frame revolver (Ruger, S&W, etc) but believe it or not I have a little Taurus 85 (small frame 38 snub) that I am just in love with, its never too far from me. Just a good little gun.

BACK on topic:

This week Im going to try and start on the rear quarter cut n fold to make the room for a near future bumper build. Next weekend ride is the 28th so I definitely need the quarters up by then, I nearly crunched them last time.
Nice choices for you as we'll. can't go wrong with a wheel gun. Mines a Ruger sp101 matte stainless. I live it. The other is a reproduction 1851 confederate .44 cap and ball. And yes I do carry it. Lol!! Believe it or not, it's about as accurate as my G23 Out to about 20 yards, then it gets a little squirrelly!! lol But it can't touch my 1911.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #50835
ScottD16
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ordered shocks from Kolak and put the km2s back on which just look funny now.
[B][U][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Yellow"]JEEP BUILD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] better late than never [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-submarine-build-1359779/[/URL]

I like to do the photography [B][U][SIZE="4"]Flickr[/SIZE][/U][/B]- [URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunklewunkle/[/URL]

wheeling pictures and other random stuff [SIZE="4"][B][U]Photobucket[/U][/B][/SIZE] [URL="http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/"]http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac44/scottad16/[/URL]
ScottD16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.